Red Sox reach.500 -- When?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Red Sox reach.500 -- When?

I say at 20-20.  Whenever it happens, I believe they'll begin to climb the ladder once there and then gain on and eventually pass both the rays and the yanks (though that might take most of the season to achieve).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When?

maybe the AS break if they are lucky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The bust .500 next weekend in the Bronx.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Red Sox reach.500 -- When?:
    I say at 20-20.  Whenever it happens, I believe they'll begin to climb the ladder once there and then gain on and eventually pass both the rays and the yanks (though that might take most of the season to achieve).
    Posted by soxnewmex

i say they take tonight's game and Lester's game tomorrow. There's your .500.
    Then, Lackey loses his game, back under again. They take 2-3 from the Yankees aand start next week one game above .500.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

sounds good to me niz! however, that said, me thinks that Mr. Lackey might get a little lucky with the jays and give us atleast 5 good innings. J's gotta be really smarting after getting no hit over the weekend. what worries me is who is tito's starters for the series in da bronx?? yesterday if the wind isn't blowing right in from centerfield CC has himself a tater. and I'm kind of surprised that none of the papi haters have acknowledged that he's hitting .292 right now. 

this team is primed to go on a wicked tear nizzy old friend........a wicked tear!!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When?:
    sounds good to me niz! however, that said, me thinks that Mr. Lackey might get a little lucky with the jays and give us atleast 5 good innings. J's gotta be really smarting after getting no hit over the weekend. what worries me is who is tito's starters for the series in da bronx?? yesterday if the wind isn't blowing right in from centerfield CC has himself a tater. and I'm kind of surprised that none of the papi haters have acknowledged that he's hitting .292 right now.  this team is primed to go on a wicked tear nizzy old friend........a wicked tear!!!! 
    Posted by Hammah29r2

If Tito keeps the rotation as is, I think it's Buch, Dice-K and Beckett against the Yankees. I'd like to get Lester a start against them, but what can you do? Just hope Buccholz and Beckett pitch up to their capabilities and hope the Diceman can at least keep them in the game.

Ortiz has had a pretty good start. I'd like to see a few more dingers, but he's got 16 RBI's, so he's doing his share.

I like the fact that Gonzalez is starting to hit shots off and over the Monster. They get Youk and Pedroia going, along with Ellsbury and Adrian and you're right, they'll go on a "wicked tear"!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When? : If Tito keeps the rotation as is, I think it's Buch, Dice-K and Beckett against the Yankees. I'd like to get Lester a start against them, but what can you do? Just hope Buccholz and Beckett pitch up to their capabilities and hope the Diceman can at least keep them in the game. Ortiz has had a pretty good start. I'd like to see a few more dingers, but he's got 16 RBI's, so he's doing his share. I like the fact that Gonzalez is starting to hit shots off and over the Monster. They get Youk and Pedroia going, along with Ellsbury and Adrian and you're right, they'll go on a "wicked tear"!

Posted by niz-58

The starters as it stands right now.....

buchholz vs Colon

matsuzaka vs Sabathia

beckett vs Garcia

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

funny how dice has one sour inning and then "bam" he settles down and gets into a groove. I watched yesterdays game with my mother. I was outside the back of the house and I could hear her yelling at the tv set the first half inning. I came in and said watsamatta ma??? she said it's only the top of the first and we're losing 3-0!!!! she felt a lot better when we tied up the score. in our family I'm the eternal optimist and she is the eternal pessimist...lol...lucky for us we got that ex-yankee cherry chuckah to feast on eh? thank you Mr. Pavano!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

funny how dice has one sour inning and then "bam" he settles down and gets into a groove. I watched yesterdays game with my mother. I was outside the back of the house and I could hear her yelling at the tv set the first half inning. I came in and said watsamatta ma??? she said it's only the top of the first and we're losing 3-0!!!! she felt a lot better when we tied up the score. in our family I'm the eternal optimist and she is the eternal pessimist...lol...lucky for us we got that ex-yankee cherry chuckah to feast on eh? thank you Mr. Pavano!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

ha.  nice hammah.  mama hammah needs to take your cue and leave the house for the inevitable "Dicey" inning.  Even when my man is in the zone, he still will go crazy for an inning in any given start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

They won'y reach .500 this year because of the man in the dugout that sits and spits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

lol, space, when my 88 year old mom gets together with her 84 year old younger sister it is nothing short of hysterical to watch. God bless em both. two die hard red sox fans that were basically teenagers before WW2 broke out. they're always talking about teddy ballgame and johnny pesky when ever I say something about them. my mother cracked me up when she said that bard must be a little tired today......his velocity is only around 97 mph....lol...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

2 games from now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

All a team usually has to do is have one hot second half and around a .500 first half. No worries, as long as the starting pitching has Lester and Buch and a good year from fat Beckett. The offense was there, last year, and was never any question, this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I'm confident it will be soon.

But wouldn't it be interesting if the baseball gods decided to really irritate our easily irritated Nation members and kept it going "almost, almost" for a week or two more? 

I can almost hear the Nipponese and Korean lesser baseball gods snickering at the foolish Americans who live and die by their worst dreams.  The greater American baseball gods, which include those from outside the continental USA (the DR, Mexico, Venezula, Puerto Rico ....) would surely find the pleasure of their pantheon mates to be a good enough reason to allow the torture to carry  on for a little longer.  

And then allow the gates of good fortune to open as foretold in the cold weather past.  For their are also many goodly Red Sox fans who have always chosen to support, believe in, and enjoy their team, in spite of tough times.  To those good hearted souls, the pantheon of baseball gods, greater and lesser, would find great, great pleasure in seeing their hopes joyfully accomplished.

The Oracle of Yaz now ends his ecstatic visitation and reading of fortune...  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I predcited they would hit parity a few days ago.  Obviously I blew that one, so I'm done with the guessing.

The only thing sure with the Sox is they could win or lose any game.  Go figure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Actually he has been doing a lot of standing and spitting lately as  his seat is getting hot.  

They won'y reach .500 this year because of the man in the dugout that sits and spits.
    Posted by Bosoxl94l

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Slee Stack, if nothing else, you have a great avatar. I love it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, I said in a post started by Joel several weeks ago, that they'd be lucky to be at .500 by the end of the first week of May....it looks like either they will get hot and break .500 very soon OR they will struggle all season to maintain a 500 record.....ie I don't think they will play like this and then all of a sudden in August take off......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

It's early May. All is well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Since Yaz: Your preaching of donuts in a cyberspace church may be a first.
    Keep it coming!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

Since Yaz : Your preaching of donuts in a cyberspace church may be a first. Keep it coming!
    Posted by harness

Another plant? LOL. Just what this forum needs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

.500 will be like making the playoffs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Harness,

I am but a humble vessel.  But at least the message I've been given is of ultimate good news to us as the season winds on.  :o)

Consider the omens ... the Lakers are swept, the Zen Master is fined for whining, the B's DON'T blow the series with the Flyers, Beckett's ERA is BELOW 2 ...

What?  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?????

Heheee, I'm getting giddy ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I think the Sox will take two in Toronto, and be one over going into Yankee stadium.  Two out of three in the Bronx and the Sox will never be below .500 the rest of the way...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

goodmorning my giddy friend!

how bout we get to .500 tonite with a nice W up in toronto!!!

I'm telling ya bro, this team is starting to really jell...........CC gets his second walk off and gonzo is looking very comfortable right now. hey, what a thrill last night had to be for the 21 year old youngstah to score the winning run eh?

I'm really startin to love this team.

Sections
Shortcuts