Red Sox recall Okajima

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Re: Red Sox recall Okajima

In Response to Re: Red Sox recall Okajima:
    [QUOTE]Oki got a nice strikeout but Matsui got a rare extra base hit off of him. The A's fouled off some good pitches. As poor an outing as Oki had, he wasn't the launching pad that Wakefeild is. Bottom line is that Oki going back down should have no bearing on getting rid of Wakefield.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Oki and Wakes did great for the club but their day has come and gone. Wakefield can barely walk let alone pitch. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I honestly think Kim would rather have dinner with the Yankees than keep you company for a stupor.  --- Harness
    --------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I can't get past the posters who don't like someone, but like a poster that is bizarre to me, and as transparent as glass. I don't know what to make of that. And there are so many here.

Btw, technically, I did have dinner with a Yankee. I was at a party at at director's house in New York, and Reggie Jackson was one of the guests there. It was so odd to see this living legend walking around, and the party wasn't even for him. I thought, at first, people should be making a bigger fuss over him as I assumed he was a god in NY since he had played with the Yankees. Then he came over to me, and kinda started mocking my outfit. The pants were silk and a little pouffed out at the sides. Anyway, I told him that I found it interesting that he was mocking MY outfit, when he was just wearing jeans. How convenient. We debated back and forth for a while over clothes (if you can believe it), until my boyfriend, at the time, came over and said "what's going on?. I told him that Reggie was just upset because the party wasn't for him.:) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

170 Million dollar payroll and not one bona fide left handed reliever.  Theo did not finish his job this winter.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Okajima is what he is.    The only solution is to put the TV on mute and block your eyes when he comes in from the bullpen.
    Do an occasional check at the TV to see how long he lasted before the damage was done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Unfortunately, we all recall Okajima.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

After yelling at the TV sometime during the 8th inning, my girlfriend asked me last night "why that pitcher is throwing the ball so much slower than the others?"
    I don't care how many effective AAA innings Oki throws, he's not getting Major League batters out with that weak-*** stuff he throws up there.
    Tito will give him another opportunity but I really don't know why. Enough with Oki and Wakes. This team stinks and these two wasted roster spots aren't going to help now...or in late July.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Okie might be okay as a situational lefty, but that's not how they used him last night. I wonder if Francona would have done the same?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Relievers are up and down and Oki is in an extended down cycle. It is never a good thing when a pitcher has a fastabll with little life in the mid-80's and he is hanging curveballs like Oki was last night. Without that curve he is rather defenseless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I was very surprised when they brought him back last winter especially since there was at least 3 more viable left handed relievers on the open market.

And what happened to the all the hype surrounding Rich Hill and Andrew Miller?  I know nothing about Hill but I did see Miller get knocked around a pair of times in ST.........Don't wanna see him thank you very much........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this team is as unbalanced as the tower in pisa....lefty batters everywhere but no southpaw pitchers

weird

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I was very surprised when they brought him back last winter especially since there was at least 3 more viable left handed relievers on the open market. And what happened to the all the hype surrounding Rich Hill and Andrew Miller?  I know nothing about Hill but I did see Miller get knocked around a pair of times in ST.........Don't wanna see him thank you very much........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Hill was in the org last year and pitched well in AAA and in his short stint with the big league club last September.  He has completely changed his delivery (now with side-armed action!) and the Sox want him to refine it some more.  From what I've seen so far this year, he is still making progress repeating the delivery, but he's certainly getting results.  The fact that he's out of options and not on the 40 man roster also hurts his case.

Miller simply needs to work on mechanics in the minors for a while...... think months.  Additionally, MIller is not currently on the 40 man roster.

The Sox currently have on open spot on the 40 man roster, which they will need when Tazawa finally comes off of the DL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly think Kim would rather have dinner with the Yankees than keep you company for a stupor.  --- Harness -------------------------------------------------------- Sometimes I can't get past the posters who don't like someone, but like a poster that is bizarre to me, and as transparent as glass. I don't know what to make of that. And there are so many here. Btw, technically, I did have dinner with a Yankee. I was at a party at at director's house in New York, and Reggie Jacksonwas one of the guests there. It was so odd to see this living legend walking around, and the party wasn't even for him. I thought, at first, people should be making a bigger fuss over him as I assumed he was a god in NY since he had played with the Yankees. Then he came over to me, and kinda started mocking my outfit. The pants were silk and a little pouffed out at the sides. Anyway, I told him that I found it interesting that he was mocking MY outfit, when he was just wearing jeans. How convenient. We debated back and forth for a while over clothes (if you can believe it), until my boyfriend, at the time, came over and said "what's going on?. I told him that Reggie was just upset because the party wasn't for him.:) 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

That's pretty good. But Jackson did plenty for the A's as well.
    I had desert with Jackson's counter part - Billy Martin.
    He was 3-sheets in the wind but a real hoot. It was in downtown Nashville, where he was working with the AAA NY affiliate.
    We (several of us) were cuttin' up, talking baseball and music.
    Very colorful guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

It is never a good thing when a pitcher has a fastabll with little life in the mid-80's and he is hanging curveballs like Oki was last night. Without that curve he is rather defenseless.

Katz, Oki got a strikeout, a 2nd hitter out, and was working ahead and not behind. The A's fouled off some pretty good pitches, which will happen a lot with a lower velocity pitcher. Take a look at Oki's post 2010 DL outing list. It's quite decent.

Now, please explain Wakefield's "down cycle" and what his defenses are?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Okajima is what he is.    The only solution is to put the TV on mute and block your eyes when he comes in from the bullpen.

Wakefield is what he is.  The only solution is to pull the plug on the TV and go count sheep because the game is over when he waddles out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield can barely walk let alone pitch. 

Sections
Shortcuts