Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?

In Response to Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea? : Dont you know the history of this guy?? Had a Tommy John Surgery.  He is 31 years old.  He just began to go on the rise as a starter only two years ago.   And still you wanted him for six years?? No Thanks!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I wanted him for six years, I said the price and years are all that matters. If he wants to play for Boston, there could be some negotiation there. I'm all about more pitching. I don't want the Sox to find out they don't have enough when it's too late to do anything about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I agree with all these posters who claim to pass. The fuss over every SP who becomes a free agent that wins DD games in his walk year borders on hysteria; recall Lackey, Vazquez, and Lowe. (And at those prices, Sabathia wasn't worth it either.) Also, he didn't exactly distinguish himself in the PS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

I have 3 good reasons as of right now why this isnt a good idea. 2012 FA pitchers- Cole Hamels, Matt Cain, Zack Greinke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

don't the sox already have a tall lefty that can't find the plate.  I agree with kim though, you can never have enough pitching, but 6 years for a 33 year old is way to much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

nO WAY, NOT HAPPENING. HE IS A 3RD STARTER AT BEST LOOKING FOR SECOND STARTING PITCHER MONEY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Forget Wilson.   John Henry is not interested in adding more payroll so he can avoid a luxury tax.