Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?

not sure he will perform well under pressure...he hit a batter to walk in a run in the ws...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Seriously doubt they offered him a contract for 6 years after they were burned badly by Lackey. No way !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

It is not going to happen!!!  Boston may be just driving the price up on someone. Sound like the Yankees may be the one getting him!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?:
    It is not going to happen!!!  Boston may be just driving the price up on someone. Sound like the Yankees may be the one getting him!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

According to MLBTraderumors.com the Sox are very much still in on Wilson along with Texas, California, Florida, Washington and a mystery team. No mention of the Yankees as one of the teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea?:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox Reportedly Still Involved in C.J. Wilson Sweepstakes -Good Idea? : According to MLBTraderumors.com the Sox are very much still in on Wilson along with Texas, California, Florida, Washington and a mystery team. No mention of the Yankees as one of the teams.
    Posted by jrh1194

Remember most of the time the mystery team win the sweepstake.  And most of the time the Phillies, Yankees, Rangers, etc were a mystery team over these years!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

David Cone must still be around, he was always a good short-term rental.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If there's a mystery team with no mention of NYY, you know the mystery team is NYY. I wouldn't mind him, but I think Buerhle might be a better deal. Less money, less risk. Wilson's PS performance does scare me though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Beat reporter Alex Speier at WEEI reports that the "Red Sox are unlikely to pursue high-end free agent pitchers":

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2011/12/05/ben-cherington-says-red-sox-unlikely-to-pursue-high-end-free-agent-pitchers/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

If there's a mystery team with no mention of NYY, you know the mystery team is NYY. I wouldn't mind him, but I think Buerhle might be a better deal. Less money, less risk. Wilson's PS performance does scare me though.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I agree with you on Buerhle. I really hope that we don't sign Wilson. The Yankees can have him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The whole thing stinks as to the Yankees telling the agent they were not going to talk to him. Do not trust the Yankees, alla Mark Teixeira and no chin Cashman. The guy is a born liar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

I don't want him, if Wilson is so good why don'tt the ranger's re-sign him, they the resources.  The ranger's didn't hesitate in offering Cliff Lee a ton of money one year ago.  I say pass on wilson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The price and years are all that matters here. He wants to play for Boston, so if that puts him in range, then why not? It's not like we haven't been crippled by pitching. We may wind up needing all the help we can get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

they should sign him.. we need another guy to pitch.. unless you want to see wake in the 4 spot all year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The price and years are all that matters here. He wants to play for Boston, so if that puts him in range, then why not? It's not like we haven't been crippled by pitching. We may wind up needing all the help we can get.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Dont you know the history of this guy??

Had a Tommy John Surgery.  He is 31 years old.  He just began to go on the rise as a starter only two years ago.  

And still you wanted him for six years??

No Thanks!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Terrible idea

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Why?

Terrible idea
    Posted by hankwilliams

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Not a good idea. Wilson wants too much money and he is a shaky proposition. Pass.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Not a good idea. Wilson wants too much money and he is a shaky proposition. Pass.
    Posted by summerof67

Agreed. The money can be better spent elsewhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

MLB is reporting that the Angels are the frontrunners in the chase for CJ.  See MLB site today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Do not sign CJ... period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the fact that the Yanks declined to even meet with this guy when his agent called them is enough to make me want to stay away from him.  Another overpaid/long term pitcher is not what the Sox need at this point

Sections
Shortcuts