red sox roster maneuvers..trade deadline....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

red sox roster maneuvers..trade deadline....

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130705-red-sox-roster-maneuvers-are-a-long-range-chess-game.ece

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: red sox roster maneuvers..trade deadline....

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130705-red-sox-roster-maneuvers-are-a-long-range-chess-game.ece

Loved to have checked that out, but it's not showing up as a prompt on your OP. Sorry, now it is.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

The best part of this article is what was said at the end, "internal evaluation". This is so important, reasons why a guy like Murphy went to Texas. 
    These evaluations are done the hard way, because they are Prospects. No computer, the eye, and experience of playing or Scouting baseball.
    Very important, thats how you find the diamonds in the rough, or keep them, which is more imprtant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Sox could also open 2 roster spots by DFAing Alex Hassan and Dan Butler.

I get why Butler was added - for those instances when the backup catcher goes down and you need another BUC in MLB, and prefer not wasting a prospect with bench time.  But it appears as though Lavarnway has taken over the 40-man backup catcher slot from Butler.

I am not so sure Alex Hassan has much of a future with Boston.  He appears to be a reserve OF at best, and would be a lesser one than the more versatile Jeremy Hazelbaker.

If the Sox felt they could easily DFA Che-Hsuan Lin, who they used in actual MLB games, then I would think Hassan amd his 0 MLB appearances is a prime candidate to be removed from the 40-man roster...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to cedarwood's comment:

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox could also open 2 roster spots by DFAing Alex Hassan and Dan Butler.

I get why Butler was added - for those instances when the backup catcher goes down and you need another BUC in MLB, and prefer not wasting a prospect with bench time.  But it appears as though Lavarnway has taken over the 40-man backup catcher slot from Butler.

I am not so sure Alex Hassan has much of a future with Boston.  He appears to be a reserve OF at best, and would be a lesser one than the more versatile Jeremy Hazelbaker.

If the Sox felt they could easily DFA Che-Hsuan Lin, who they used in actual MLB games, then I would think Hassan amd his 0 MLB appearances is a prime candidate to be removed from the 40-man roster...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

Unbelievable. Last night I listed all of the reasons why I like Joe Breidy as one of the best posters on the forum and the thread was deleted and I was banned in a matter of minutes. Who is in charge here when it comes to deleting threads and banning posters?  Address your questions to Hanafin@boston.com. My guess is that someone has stolen the email address and password of Teresa Hanafin and is bnning posters for no reason.

What in the world was evil or wrong with me praising Joe Breidy as a poster. I also like Notin and  Kimmi as posters. Does that also deserve a banning?  What do you think about this J-Bay?

Hanifin@Boston.com. Put a stop to the indiscriminate banning of posters that speak the truth and annoy J-Bay. The forum needs more Sox fans.

If this thread gets deleted within minutes then you can blame it on J-Bay or Teresa. Shame on you J-Bay for your actions.

[/QUOTE]

Reported

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Pumpsie is reporting someone who got banned for praising Joe Breidy as a great poster and the thread was deleted and the poster was banned last night. Pumpsie condones such an action. My question is why? Ask Teresa at Hanafin@Boston.com

reported.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Breidy responds to this thread, will his researched opinion be compared to someone who despises the Red Sox ( Pumpsie)? Why do Sox fans on this forum like Pumpsie types and hate Breidy types? Unbelievable.

We hate you much more than either of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Breidy responds to this thread, will his researched opinion be compared to someone who despises the Red Sox ( Pumpsie)? Why do Sox fans on this forum like Pumpsie types and hate Breidy types? Unbelievable.

We hate you much more than either of them.

[/QUOTE]

yo moon you gonna join us on the chat at some point during this west coast swing?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pumpsie is reporting someone who got banned for praising Joe Breidy as a great poster and the thread was deleted and the poster was banned last night. Pumpsie condones such an action. My question is why? Ask Teresa at Hanafin@Boston.com

reported.

[/QUOTE]

I feel like I have been taking out the trash for half an hour.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good article, and it captures what I have been saying for a while...

The Sox will surely lose a quality player or two to rule 5, unless we get proactive and make some 2 and 3 for 1 deals soon. It's not easy to make those type of trades in winter, since, as hill pointed out, every team is facing a roster crunch at that time.

(I added the BOLD for those players of most importance. Red is a must keeper.)

The following players will be eligible for the 2013 Rule 5 Draft if they are not added to the 40-man roster by November 20, 2013:

Mario Alcantara, Michael Almanzar, Chris Balcom-Miller, Carson Blair,Xander Bogaerts, Bryce Brentz, Chris Carpenter, Garin Cecchini,Keith Couch, William Cuevas, Keury De La Cruz, Luis Diaz, Leonel Escobar, Derrik Gibson, Dreily Guerrero, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Jayson Hernandez, Chris Hernandez, Peter Hissey, Brandon Jacobs, Jeremy Kehrt, Aaron King, Aaron Kurcz, Juan Carlos Linares, Mario Martinez, Heiker Meneses, Boss Moanaroa, Nefi Ogando, Gerardo Olivares, Yunior Ortega, Oscar Perez, Rafael Perez, Mathew Price, Anthony Ranaudo, David Renfroe, Pete Ruiz, Felix Sanchez, Brandon Snyder, Alfredo Soto, Kyle Stroup, Francisco Taveras, Raynel Velette, Jose Vinicio, Kolbrin Vitek, Stefan Welch, Shannon Wilkerson, Brandon Workman, Madison Younginer

I see it this way: The players not in red could be packages to get a better prospect or prospects not in need of being protected from rule 5, or a useful 2 month rental.

Here's how our roster shapes up next year, assuming no re-signings, FA signings, or trades (assume Lester is back at $13M option):

25 man:

12 pitchers: Buch, Lest, Lack, Demp, Doub, Ace, Mora, Bail, Ueh, Taz, Miller, Bres, Wils

13 position: Lava, Ross, Papi, Midd, Ped, Iggy, Bog, Nava, JBJ, SV, Gomes,Carp, Holt

The other 15:

1- 8: Bogaerts, Webster, de la Rosa, Cecchini, Ranaudo,  Vazquez, Brentz, Workman

9 de la Torre

10 Britton

11 Beato

12 Snyder

13 Diaz (?)

14 Hassan (?)

15 Wright (?)

16 Kalish (?)

17 Bard (?)

18 Butler (?)

19- 24: Almanzar, Hazelbaker, de la Cruz, Jacobs, Vinicio, Capenter

and others

Now, we almost certainly will add a Catcher, OF'er and corner IF'er, plus maybe a pitcher or two. Let's say we sign 5 including Lester or 4 with Lester.

That means everyone listed under Beato is open to rule 5. My guess is we make some 2 or 3 for one deals this deadline in order to avoid losing quality depth. It might mean we trade some guys above the Beato line to make room for some below while strengthening other areas on the 25 man roster or on the farm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Alex Hassan is from Milton,MA or in that area. BenC really likes this guy as he has great pitch selection and patience. Stanford Cardinal grad????

Can play OF and 1 B--kind of a R Handed Nava. I think he would clear waivers although I think he is also a Theo favorite.

I like the fact BenC can move people around for auditions with the lead being what it is.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't see why Moon would lower himself to join your private chatroom? You call yourself a private fraternity that consists of those who enjoy denigrating Red Sox players and staff during gametime. Only a weirdo would enjoy that or find it entertaining. Monn is above that. Teresa Hanafin is a rabid RS fan and is happy that the Sox haters have their own clubhouse in order to call Dempster as Dumpster. Giggle, Giggle. Pumpsie Howdy time.  How about Slackey, Lackluster, is Pumpsie using that term?

When are you ever going to make a singlr post about baseball?

And you wonder why you keep getting banned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Alex Hassan is from Milton,MA or in that area. BenC really likes this guy as he has great pitch selection and patience. Stanford Cardinal grad????

Can play OF and 1 B--kind of a R Handed Nava. I think he would clear waivers although I think he is also a Theo favorite.

I like the fact BenC can move people around for auditions with the lead being what it is.

Although Hassan is 25, he's still a possibility at the ML level.

He fits into the Sox high OBP philosophy:

2009 Duke  .419

2009 A/A-  .375

2010 A/AAA .393

2011 AA      .404

2012 AAA   .377

2013 A/AAA  .358

Career: .397 OBP and .439 SLG (.836 OPS)

31 HRs in almost 1600 minor league PAs is not great, but he does have almost 100 2B+3Bs.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Alex Hassan is from  Milton,MA or in that area. BenC really likes this guy as he has great pitch selection and patience. Stanford Cardinal grad????

Alex Hassan attended Duke University.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=743822

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why does Moon hate the gamethreads?  He never goes there. Why is that? A fair question, no?

1) Because I hate small sample size definitive judgements that are too plentiful there.

2) Because posters like you, who add nothing about baseball tend to frequent those threads.

3) Because 9 out of 10 games, I watch on replay, so I can fast forward the commercials.

Now, answer this "fair question": why don't you ever post about baseball on a baseball forum?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pike is a hopeless case, moon.  You'll get better results talking to a brick wall.  At least it will be quiet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Moon, it appears you're counting Bogaerts twice, unless Bog on your M.L. 13 is someone else and I'm missing out who it is.