Red Sox select Trey Ball Thoughts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Re: Red Sox select Trey Ball Thoughts?

In response to TrotNixonDirtDog's comment:

Thoughts?

Very disappointed.  I was hoping for an athletic player with great bat speed.  We could have had a chance for a power bat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Could be a pitcher or hitter. It is going to be interesting to see what the Sox do here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Could be a pitcher or hitter. It is going to be interesting to see what the Sox do here.

It was a waste of a pick..the Sox have a great slot and they screw it up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The farm system has no good bats to speak of and so they take a pitcher.... Ben is an idiot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

He literally is a T Baller.  Or at least a T Ball.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

It seems like a collossal screw up, but who really knows! There was a few really good bats out there that they passed on, but again who knows right now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Not great at all. Missed a chance for a special Bat...a position of farm weakness.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Video...

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=40395496&content_id=25487963

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They put out that he's been drafted as a pitcher. I'm a little disappointed was really hping to see an impact bat. I  thought they'd take the Meadows kid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The farm system has no good bats to speak of and so they take a pitcher.... Ben is an idiot.

He has insane upside.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I thought we had the best bat in the entire minor leagues.  Are you serious?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Not great at all. Missed a chance for a special Bat...a position of farm weakness.

I love it when people mention that they missed out on a special bat, but don't even have a name of the special bat they missed.

There was only one other bat available that you might have wanted to take,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

They put out that he's been drafted as a pitcher. I'm a little disappointed was really hping to see an impact bat. I  thought they'd take the Meadows kid.

That's what I was hoping for.  Unfortunately, the best players were pretty much taken in order.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ball was on almost everyone's board as the secondnest highschool pitcher.  I think he cann be good, it's not the guy I wanted....but I'm no scout.  This is Sawdyes 4th draft and he's done pretty good so far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mudbugger's comment:

In response to TrotNixonDirtDog's comment:

Thoughts?

Very disappointed.  I was hoping for an athletic player with great bat speed.  We could have had a chance for a power bat.

Ball also played the outfield and hit very well. So we technically DID get what you'd hoped for.

i like this pick.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Remember the sox have Bogaerts n the minors and are rumored to have signed one of the top international hitters (16 year old phenom Devers) and are waiting till July 2nd to announce it,

You can never have enough pitching though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

All the bats were gone. Bryant went 2nd and Moran shortly after. Top pitchers Appel and Grey were gone too. Ball is comparable to Owens being a big LHP who is touching 94MPH already and hes not yet filled out. His dad didnt let him throw a curve ball until he was a little more developed at about 16-17yrs old. Smart. This kids got great athleticism and has serious upside. Grades out very good.

Not sure what pick some here though they should make. All I see is a lot of complaining and no names mentioned besides Meddows, who wasnt a big target for them anyway (from all the reports). It was Frazier or a pitcher, unless one of the big names dropped to them at #7.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

apparently you havent looked lately. Theres a few good bats down there. Now, if your talking about a legit HR hitter, then no. But the legit bats were all gone by the time our pick came.

Ball is a good pick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

It seems like a collossal screw up, but who really knows! There was a few really good bats out there that they passed on, but again who knows right now!

Certainly you don't.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

He is in HS and hits 94. Its impossible to tell right now if he will work out.

Sections
Shortcuts