Red Sox Should Land a Lake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Red Sox Should Land a Lake?

Cubs are loaded with good offensive players. They could use another young arm that is ready now. How about Webster to the Cubs in exchange for Junior Lake ? He a young right handed hitter with some power.  He can also run some on the bases. We then could turn around and deal Jake Peavy for a young arm to replace Webster in the system where we are stock piling. This just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Red Sox Should Land a Lake?

Junior lake did OK in his MLB debut and is having a worse season this year.  He was never had more than 12 home runs in a season and that was in split time between high A and double A.  His defense is also below par, and he strikes out a ton!  Strikes out around a 25% clip in the minors and is striking out around 35% this year.  And it's not as if this kid ever had a great minor league track record and was thought he could grow into a star.  He isn't really "a guy"

Honestly I'd rather put Will Middlebrooks in the outfield.  Seriously, if we put Middlebrooks in the outfield he would probably be a better player than Lake.  So no, I would not trade a young arm who has way more potential than Lake, is lighting up AAA, and could be a mid rotation starter as early as next year.

Bad defense, can barely hit, strikes out A TON, doesn't walk.  He has decent, not great pop and some speed.

He is batting .132 the past month with 21 strike outs in 54 plat appearances.  His value is little to nothing right now and could be had for much much much much less than Allen Webster.

In conclusions....no thanks, that trade should never happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He has 47 HRs in 2254 minor league ABs, about 12 per 600 ABs.  On the pro level, he has 15 HRs in 497 ABs, about 18 per 600 ABs.  Combine that with his .247 and his 161/23 K/W, and he doesn't seem like a good offensive force.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cubs are loaded with good offensive players. They could use another young arm that is ready now. How about Webster to the Cubs in exchange for Junior Lake ? He a young right handed hitter with some power.  He can also run some on the bases. We then could turn around and deal Jake Peavy for a young arm to replace Webster in the system where we are stock piling. This just a thought.

[/QUOTE]

Pitching is 75% of baseball. Sorry, this makes 0 sense

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah, we have enough guys struggling with the bat. no thank you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Are you kidding me? Junior Lake rarely plays. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lake for Webster?  The Chaubunagungamaug trade? 

Lake isn’t  good.  Not worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Lake is young and has shown some power as a right handed hitter. He would fit in with the young players we currently have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

Lake is young and has shown some power as a right handed hitter. He would fit in with the young players we currently have.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, another young guy who can't hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Sox really don't need another outfielder with a sub-.650OPS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone in their right mind ever consider this trade???

He had 6 homers in 254 plate appearances last year and 9 in 270 this year.  The most he ever had in one season in the minors was 12, and that was split between A/AA.  He struck out at a 23% clip in the minors and walked 6% of the time.  In the Majors he is striking out over 30% of the time and walking 4% of the time.

This guy literally walks less than Will Middlebrooks.  Strikes out more than Middlebrooks and Napoli, has less power than BOTH those guys and has worse defense.  And we want to give up one of our best pitching prospects for him????

This is a bad trade, and if Ben made it he should be chased out of town. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Puzzling thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Puzzling thread.

[/QUOTE]

Telling you Lake is going to be a good player. Webster is decent at best. Mark my words

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Webster is likely a bullpen arm, albeit one with potential to be very good.

Lake is a bench player at best. Even the Cubs know that...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is 20 years old! To  get experience you must be given experience. I seen Lake play and the potential is there. He has been working on hitting to all fields.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is 20 years old! To  get experience you must be given experience. I seen Lake play and the potential is there. He has been working on hitting to all fields.

[/QUOTE]

He's an old 20 in that case.   24 years old, to be exact...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This thread = FAIL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Lake has a negative WAR this year.  

You're literally proposing trading our #2 pitching prospect for a guy who would make this team worse. 

This has got to be a joke????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Webster is  being overrated by many on here. I suggest you watch him pitch. It not just about stats. That the problem with scouts today. They have no idea how to scout.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Webster is not being overrated by many on here. I suggest you watch him pitch. It not just about stats. That the problem with scouts today. They have no idea how to scout.

Webster is not being overrated.?  Do you mean he's being overrated by many here?

And please do share your scouting experience/expertise with us.  Have you signed many players for the club(s) you worked for.  Anyone we may have heard of?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Webster is not being overrated by many on here. I suggest you watch him pitch. It not just about stats. That the problem with scouts today. They have no idea how to scout.

[/QUOTE]

Your personal scouting credibility took a hit when you said Junior Lake was 20 years old. 

Also, whether or not Webster turns into a bust is one thing.   Junior Lake already is one (assuming anyone thought he had all that much promise to begin with).  I reside in Chicago and have seen him play A LOT, and while I don’t consider myself a scout, I do consider him to be a utility player at best.  I am sure most of the league does as well. 

Even if Webster never fulfills his hype and promise, the Sox could deal him for a much better player than Lake…

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cubs outfield is Coughlan, Ruggiano and Schierholz. Lake plays against lefties, but with Alcantara up now, he'll play in the OF with Barney at 2B.

He's 100% a bench player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cubs outfield is Coughlan, Ruggiano and Schierholz. Lake plays against lefties, but with Alcantara up now, he'll play in the OF with Barney at 2B.

He's 100% a bench player.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Coughlan, Ruggiano and Schierhotlz should really all be bench players, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I nominate this for worst trade suggestion of the year.