Red Sox Spring Schedule (Including televised games)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Red Sox Spring Schedule (Including televised games)

Selenium is correct. If you have cable , you can order the Extra Innings package , but not the Sports package with NESN. ( You need Direct TV for that ) So , you can see the games , but not the other NESN programming.  For those who do not get NESN , it is good to check the MLB channel's schedule. They will always show a few of the Sox grapefruit league games , as well as quite a few regular season games.  If you are a good baseball fan,  who can afford the 200 bucks , I would recommend the Extra Innings. It is better to watch the games on TV than on your laptop or tablet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

BosoxJoe is right that if you have a Roku box or Apple TV that you can get the MLB-TV premium service for $130 ( including At Bat 13 - a $20 value) compared to $200 for DirecTV.  I have DirecTV and couldn't ask for a better HD picture on my 55" LED TV. My signal comes out of the sky and does not compete for bandwidth on my Internet and the ISP providers will at some time be cutting off excessive bandwidth usage or charging more. I have no idea how good the picture is using Roku or Apple TV via the Internet. I would think that you need at least 6 MGB per sec. to get good resolution 1080p on your TV.

Comments on picture quality on Roku or Apple TV are welcomed and perhaps you can save yourself $70-90. In any event enjoy the season. Red Sox fans deserve to enjoy the season from the comfort of their living rooms. No excessive ticket prices, parking hassles and costs, $8 beers,  $5 hot dogs, and lines at the rest rooms. Going to Fenway however a few times per season is also great.

The last few sentences of your second are not needed and why people think you are being paid to post. The picture quality is fine for the MLB package, if you can stream Netflix in any decent quality you are going to be fine. NBA is pretty rough. I am not sure what softy means by free streaming Red Sox. WEEI definitely blocks out the games online. The radio package is only 15 and if you are interested in other teams games, I would buy it not questions asked.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

On the game threads , some posters will offer helpful suggestions for sites where free streaming of the games is available. However , these sites are questionable if not downright illegal. They also  require several downloads , and may contain viruses and malware that can damage your computer. Good to remember the adage that there is no such thing as a free lunch.  For a real baseball fan , MLB EXtra Innings is worth the money. Watch the Sox game on a nice summer night, then check out the Dodgers , while the great Vin Scully is still around. ,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

If you had DirecTV then you could via their Sports Package.

You helped me twice this morning.  Thanks again selenium-   :)

You would need to spend money on the MLB package, You could probably get it cheaper on the Apple TV or Roku. As a general rule of thumb just ignore pike he is doing his damnedest to ruin this board.

Like I said, I never believed you were a Boston fan. Now a Boston fan helps out another Boston fan -- twice, apparently -- and you're all over it with Pike this and Pike that.

My opinion of you and your purpose here stands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

BosoxJoe is right that if you have a Roku box or Apple TV that you can get the MLB-TV premium service for $130 ( including At Bat 13 - a $20 value) compared to $200 for DirecTV.  I have DirecTV and couldn't ask for a better HD picture on my 55" LED TV. My signal comes out of the sky and does not compete for bandwidth on my Internet and the ISP providers will at some time be cutting off excessive bandwidth usage or charging more. I have no idea how good the picture is using Roku or Apple TV via the Internet. I would think that you need at least 6 MGB per sec. to get good resolution 1080p on your TV.

Comments on picture quality on Roku or Apple TV are welcomed and perhaps you can save yourself $70-90. In any event enjoy the season. Red Sox fans deserve to enjoy the season from the comfort of their living rooms. No excessive ticket prices, parking hassles and costs, $8 beers,  $5 hot dogs, and lines at the rest rooms. Going to Fenway however a few times per season is also great.

The last few sentences of your second are not needed and why people think you are being paid to post. The picture quality is fine for the MLB package, if you can stream Netflix in any decent quality you are going to be fine. NBA is pretty rough. I am not sure what softy means by free streaming Red Sox. WEEI definitely blocks out the games online. The radio package is only 15 and if you are interested in other teams games, I would buy it not questions asked.

No one has ever said Selenium was paid to post. You made that up. Again, my opinion of you and who you are here stands.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

On the game threads , some posters will offer helpful suggestions for sites where free streaming of the games is available. However , these sites are questionable if not downright illegal. They also  require several downloads , and may contain viruses and malware that can damage your computer. Good to remember the adage that there is no such thing as a free lunch.  For a real baseball fan , MLB EXtra Innings is worth the money. Watch the Sox game on a nice summer night, then check out the Dodgers , while the great Vin Scully is still around. ,

I'm glad someone finally said that. I've seen posts where people are directing posters to some free streaming sites. I've often wondered what that would mean for them if they followed that advice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I'm glad someone finally said that. I've seen posts where people are directing posters to some free streaming sites. I've often wondered what that would mean for them if they followed that advice.

Tried it twice recently  and was screwed; I couldn't even clean my computer up via uninstalling; the apps included extensions (i.e, hidden wrapper apps), so I had to go the extra mile to kill those.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Tried it twice recently  and was screwed; I couldn't even clean my computer up via uninstalling; the apps included extensions (i.e, hidden wrapper apps), so I had to go the extra mile to kill those.

And it's done here all the time. It really needs to be common knowledge that you just don't want to do that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I got this from ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/24717/two-spring-games-on-espn-networks

Feb. 23 vs. Tampa Bay, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    Feb. 27 at Baltimore, 7:05, NESN 
    March 1 vs. Pittsburgh, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 2 at Minnesota, 1:05, WEEI 
    March 3 vs. New York Yankees, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    March 8 vs. Minnesota, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 9 vs. Baltimore, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 10 at Tampa Bay, 1:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 15 vs. Minnesota, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 16 at Tampa Bay, 1:05, WEEI 
    March 17 vs. Tampa Bay, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    March 20 at New York Yankees, 1:05, ESPN2 
    March 21 vs. Philadelphia, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 23 vs. Pittsburgh, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    March 24 at Philadelphia, 1:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 25 at Baltimore, 1:05, ESPN 
    March 28 vs. Minnesota, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 30 vs. Minnesota, 1:35, NESN/WEEI

Thanks... I think i can watch Weds game...... I'll move my antenna  around and it should work with a little tin foil. It work the last time i did it....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I got this from ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/24717/two-spring-games-on-espn-networks

Feb. 23 vs. Tampa Bay, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    Feb. 27 at Baltimore, 7:05, NESN 
    March 1 vs. Pittsburgh, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 2 at Minnesota, 1:05, WEEI 
    March 3 vs. New York Yankees, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    March 8 vs. Minnesota, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 9 vs. Baltimore, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 10 at Tampa Bay, 1:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 15 vs. Minnesota, 7:05, NESN/WEEI 
    March 16 at Tampa Bay, 1:05, WEEI 
    March 17 vs. Tampa Bay, 1:35, NESN/WEEI 
    March 20 at New York Yankees, 1:05, ESPN2