Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation

In Response to Re: Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation : That is a best case scenario.  Yes, the velocity is appealing but a 26 year old who still has a hard time throwing strikes is generally not a good thing.  He adds a little more organizational depth, with some potential upside but expecting him to contribute at the big league level in 2012 is certainly optimistic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

He actually doesn't have a hard time throwing strikes at all.  His problem is throwing 98+ mph and strikes at the same time.  His strike rate is over 66% when throwing his fastball under 98 mph.  McClure should be able to get him straightened out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

if he doesn't have the mechanics down by now..he may never

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox to get Pitcher Chris Carpenter from Cubs for Theo compensation : He actually doesn't have a hard time throwing strikes at all.  His problem is throwing 98+ mph and strikes at the same time.  His strike rate is over 66% when throwing his fastball under 98 mph.  McClure should be able to get him straightened out.
    Posted by JB-3

The sample sizes are small but the BB numbers are high, that is the bottom line.  A whip of 1.81 in 20 appearances at AAA last year is not good, it is not close to good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

The OTHER Chris Carpenter would have been very good compensation- but not this one. The Cubs should be charged with Grand Theft, and the Sox should be charged with Grand Stupidity. I mean, they let Theo negotiate his own compensation! I basically gave up on getting anything good once I heard the deal was in Selig's hands. How long is it until Selig's term as comissioner is over?
     On the other hand, the Cub's didn't have anybody good to give up in the first place (that the Sox had a chance at, anyways- Castro would have been ridiculous compensation, and an even dumber move by the Cubs than it was for the Sox to take Carpenter!)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Maybe Garza is the PTBNL :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The OTHER Chris Carpenter would have been very good compensation- but not this one. The Cubs should be charged with Grand Theft, and the Sox should be charged with Grand Stupidity. I mean, they let Theo negotiate his own compensation! I basically gave up on getting anything good once I heard the deal was in Selig's hands. How long is it until Selig's term as comissioner is over?  On the other hand, the Cub's didn't have anybody good to give up in the first place (that the Sox had a chance at, anyways- Castro would have been ridiculous compensation, and an even dumber move by the Cubs than it was for the Sox to take Carpenter!)
    Posted by WE5NUTS

The deal was in the hands of precedent, a legal term. Stop blaming people, Try being well read on this topic. Form your opinion like many writers did. This settlement wasn't a surprise at all.

Sections
Shortcuts