Red Sox to give Bill James expanded role ...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Red Sox to give Bill James expanded role ...

I have a pretty goodsystem of evaluation players that beats WAR every time as well.......it's called the power of hindsight. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Just to remind you that someone named Softlaw was fine with the annual salary, but thought it should be 4 years instead of five.

Just to remind you that someone named Softlaw said not to "offer prima donna Lackey more than 3 years and 30M total". This was during a time when Inepstein was dead set on signing other bums in the FA market. At the time, Lackey was the only one who made any sense as a team need and fit, not as a team value.

Moonshwemp like's to prevaricate because, every year, he gets giddy and wants to offer market value contracts to bums like Santana, Lackey and Wakefield, et al. Take a look at his recent list of bums, which inculde a bum named Marcum.

As usual.....  When nailed?  Change the subject!  Talk about another player....

I LOVE IT!!!  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to snakeoil123s comment:

Trotter what's your "better than WAR" system?

Don't be shy.

I don't think these guys use WAR.  WAR is for the newbies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]

My system is over the heds of the buffalo herd on this Board. But, my system lead to the following comment:

"Avoid Crawford like the plague".

Sounds like a common sense system chet

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

My system is over the heds of the buffalo herd on this Board. But, my system lead to the following comment:

[/QUOTE]

I think that place you on par, at best.

Even the most staunch Crawford supporters never cited him as a good target.  All they have done is decided to give the guy a chance to play.  And no one thinks his contract is reasonable.  I did name him in a thread about predicting what the Sox would do, but named Adam Dunn as the player I personally would target.

Crawford is also gone, and I assume this will make him a name you use repeatedly in posts as a pillar for yourself.  Undoubtedly, you will be the last one bringing him up.

Again and again and again and again....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

You have a "system" but when confronted can't provide any details.  Could it be that your "system" is just a metaphore for your own opinions and actually doesn't invovle any type of in depth quantitative methods of evaluating talent? I'd say yes......your method of denying a lack of methods by claiming everyone here to be too stupid to understand your "method" is very political of you (the classic arument of politics: you disagree with me therefore you are dumb).  Which makes sense as you do claim to be a lawyer.......which may be one of the only honest things you have ever said in here.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

So you don't have a system.  That is what I thought.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is this kind of thing that makes you the board buffoon. 

Post your system Nancy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does Bill James get paid more than softy? Maybe we can pry softy away from his famous law firm to throw truisms at Ben...like "Avoid Crawford like the plague".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Didn't Bill James defend that longtime clubhouse attendant, the one who molested 3 or 4 children over the years that the Sox tried to coverup...oh wait, no I take that back, it was Sandusky he was defending about how normal it is for men to shower with boys. Yeah, that's the guy whose "mind" I trust. This organization blows. From a weak international scouting bureau to NotBeautiful Minds in the Front Office. BJ has almost an appropriate acronym.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Columnist Bill Posnanski discusses Bill James: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/38300880/