Red Sox trolls?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Red Sox trolls?

Thanks for reading this post.

I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem as the Bruins forum.

We have a troll on the Bruins forum that has been banned yet comes back with a new id.

He always insists that the NHL is rigged and starts new threads every day saying so.

He will make fun of serious injuries to Bruins players.

On the marathon bombing day he went so far as to suggest that this would give the Bruins preferential treatment because of the tragedy, I found that particularly offensive.

I'm pretty open minded and tolerate all the other trolls, the only one that comes close that posts to both boards is CommunistContrarian (and his other id BostonProSportsLover or something), but he's just looking for attention and doesn't start new threads constantly.

Do you guys have trolls that are vicious - make light of injuries and tragedies?

Do you get them banned?  

I know this guy has been banned twice before, and I know people are complaining, but nothing is happening this time.

I started a thread in the talk to bdc area if you would like to add to it and help us out, maybe that might get BDC's attention.  

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/general/please-ban-a-troll-repeat-offender-again/150/6625868

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Red Sox trolls?

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

We have a troll on the Bruins forum that has been banned yet comes back with a new id.

He always insists that the NHL is rigged and starts new threads every day saying so.

On the marathon bombing day he went so far as to suggest that this would give the Bruins preferential treatment because of the tragedy, I found that particularly offensive.

I'm pretty open minded and tolerate all the other trolls, the only one that comes close that posts to both boards is CommunistContrarian (and his other id BostonProSportsLover or something), but he's just looking for attention and doesn't start new threads constantly.

Do you guys have trolls that are vicious - make light of injuries and tragedies?

Do you get them banned?  

I know this guy has been banned twice before, and I know people are complaining, but nothing is happening this time.

I started a thread in the talk to bdc area if you would like to add to it and help us out, maybe that might get BDC's attention.  

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/general/please-ban-a-troll-repeat-offender-again/150/6625868

Yeah, that's par for the course for internet message boards. I post mainly on the Red Sox board but occassionaly will go on to the other boards  (Celts, Bruins, Pats) and it's always the same cast of characters -- some great posters who make great points and can have a discussion with someone who has an opposing view and the flamethrowers who just like to cause trouble and aren't interested in an intelligent discussion. (And there are posters who float back and forth.).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Theres one or 2 here that were out of hand at one point and continuously got banned. I think they just got tired of being banned and just wised up. They recently started to remove a lot of posts here that attack other posters or are just not within the rules, and it has calmed down quite a bit. Still not perfect, but a little better is a step in the right direction.

Those posters are still here and still post some off the wall stuff, but nothing that is to the disrespectful degree it was before. Most here just laugh them off now.

what your saying is just par for the course with internet forums

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I know exactly what you mean, because I used to post frequently on the Bruins forum.

I stopped watching hockey after the 2005 lockout, so I don't comment on a sport in which I have lost interest.

When I did post there, they had many real vile and disgusting posters. The ones that were particularly annoying were the guys who acted like real tough guys and would attempt to meet somewhere and fight.

Red Sox Front Burner has had lots of loonies and wackos, but I have learned to deal with most of them over the course of about 7 years. This board gets out of hand on occasion, and you just have to step back and ask yourself if it really worth getting worked up over. I have figured out that the answer is that you just have to laugh at these people and carry on.I don't spend that much time here, usually it's just something to do on my lunch hour....so it's easy to log off and watch stuff on YouTube instead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Do you get them banned?  

Bad I don't find as many trolls on the Sox form as I do on the Bruins forum which is littered w/ them. Just more fans w/ crazy azz idea's. Even the Yankee fans that come on here are decent as opposed to the looney Habs fans that are just pure trolls.

Sections
Shortcuts