Red Sox Truck Day Signals Start to Spring Training, Set to Depart Fenway Feb. 5.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Red Sox Truck Day Signals Start to Spring Training, Set to Depart Fenway Feb. 5.....

Given the current temperatures in Boston, it is easy to forget that spring is just around the corner. But Truck Day, the unofficial beginning of spring training for the Red Sox, reminds us that baseball season is coming.

This year, the team’s equipment truck is scheduled to depart Fenway Park around noon on Tuesday, Feb. 5. The 18-wheeler will then make the 1,480-mile trek to the team’s spring training home in Lee County, Fla.

Pitchers and catchers are scheduled for their first workout Feb. 12 and the first full squad workout will take place Feb. 15. Boston’s first Grapefruit League game will be played Saturday, Feb. 23 when they take on the Tampa Bay Rays at JetBlue Park at Fenway South in Lee County....

dancer smiley                 

dancer smiley

dancer smiley

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Red Sox Truck Day Signals Start to Spring Training, Set to Depart Fenway Feb. 5.....

I can't believe this winter went by this fast!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Red Sox Truck Day Signals Start to Spring Training, Set to Depart Fenway Feb. 5.....

In response to moonslav59's comment:

...and the players look so young!  ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

And who are the Patriots playing today ????

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its been a long time since the team went into spring training with such low expectations. Sort of throws a damper on things. Still, maybe that is exactly what they need to get motivated to prove the pundits wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

And who are the Patriots playing today ????

Tommy Football Will Lead The Pats To The SB, Get Ready 806.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

As Cold As It Has Been We Might Not See Spring Till July.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I can't remember when as many spots were still open going into ST. In recent years it hasn't been uncommon for there to be no position where we weren't certain who the starter was going to be on Opening Day.

This year:

1b - Who knows? Probably Napoli but only 'probably', and that's because of the fuss the FO made to get him.

2b - Pedey for sure

SS - Who knows? Probably Drew has the inside track but.. Iggy? Ciriaco?

3b - Middlebrooks for sure.

LF - No idea. Gomes?  Nava? 

CF - Ellsbury for sure. 

RF - Victorino? Ya, probably but I don't see it as being a sure thing.  Especially if Bill gets his "Blockbuster"  :-)

And all of those people who aren't "for sure" may be replaced by June 1 with someone who's tearing things up in Pawtucket. 

I think for us baseball fans it's going to be an interesting year, I'm certainly not dusting off a spot in the trophy cabinet for another WS trophy. Not yet, anyway.  But it'll be interesting. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

With the low expectations, & ham and egger players accquired in the off season, I find my excitement building!

I hope this hodgepodge of retreads can step up & play some good baseball!  I pray we can play as scrappy as they are capable of doing!  I like the fresh new / old look!  I'm gonna follow this team & root for them with a zeal I have not had in the past 2 years!!!!

I like it!  Can't wait to "PLAY BALL!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It has been cold everywhere, but the countdown to spring training for me is always December 21st whent eh daylight time starts to finally get a little longer every day.

Truck Day is also a nice highlight to look forward to in the middle of January.

A good solid spring training will be very important to this year's team.  "Getting the work in" (a term that is way over used) will not be enough this year as last season ended with 93 losses. 

Some guys with exceptional stats and many team wins are important this spring training season to fuel the 2013 season for both the team and the fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Not too much longer until pitchers and catchers report.

I am very excited about the start of a new season, and optimistic about the Red Sox chances of making the postseason.

Some people may not have very high expectations for this team, but I will be extremely disappointed if we are not still contending throughout September.

Sections
Shortcuts