Red Sox unveil newly aligned medical staff...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Red Sox unveil newly aligned medical staff...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120119&content_id=26395918&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

BOSTON -- After two seasons in which the Red Sox experienced health issues throughout the stretch run, there was a determination from the organization to make its medical staff run more efficiently.
    With that in mind, the Sox unveiled their realigned medical staff for 2012 on Thursday. The staff will no longer include a medical director, the position Dr. Tom Gill held for the last seven seasons. Instead, the Red Sox have installed a team of seasoned doctors.

I have long wondered about the way the Sox have muffed medical treatment, fitness, strength and conditioning.

Jed Lowrie could write a book about it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Red Sox unveil newly aligned medical staff...

Is one of the team named Kevorkian? Just wondering.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In fact no.
    I'm just happy to see Dr. Thomas Gill is no longer overseeing the operations as "medical director" because whatever the Sox paid him was too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This can only be seen as good news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Ian Browne's article title poses a nagging question...Were the current and newly hired medical staff required to get a spinal realignment as well before treating the Carl Crawfords of the world...Or is Ian Browne and/or John Henry just simply partial to chiropractic sports medicine...Inquiring minds.....

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

WooHoo! Rearranging the chairs in the MASH unit! Noticebly missing; Yoga and stretching coach, team nurse, (most schools have this), and team Psychologist.
     Until the Sox go all in here, the players are right to question the team's motives, doctors and their treatments. This is why I always herald Mak Cuban, he figures out what can give you an edge, and that edge when leveraged is enormous.
      Jason Kidd gives the MV-NP to their team Psych...Don Kalkstein doesn't wear a uniform but he explained how he gets players to match their mental game with their physical game.

"The key to understanding performance is it's a present moment thing," Kalkstein said. "There is no past, there is no future. We try to perform in the present."

Kalkstein said the key is to eliminate distractions--no Maverick focused more on his message than veteran Jason Kidd who sits with him on the plane--he called Kalksein the Mavs most valuable non-player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Some Red Sox players questioned Dr. Gill's diagnoses from the very beginning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

This move is welcomed and should have been made the day after our season ended.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Does the medical staff (division) answer to the GM or another position in the F.O.?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Every time I think of Mike Lowell I feel the pangs of a staff that couldn't make a dog bark. The entire medical staff is culpable for their treatment of a serious labrum tear and also for the end-of-season wrist ligament sprain diagnosis.

I suppose there's no sense discussing all the water that has gone under the bridge in this regard but I must state that someone was asleep at the switch and it isn't Terry Francona.

If anyone it would be someone responsible for player medical status in the GMs office. They are probably no longer employed by the Sox now.

Sections
Shortcuts