RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.

Closer Brian Wilson states so...

Would this be a good matchup?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.

In Response to RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.:
    [QUOTE]Closer Brian Wilson states so... Would this be a good matchup? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]
     In the interest of ITS-JULY-AND-WAY-TO-EARLY-TO-WRITE-WS-TICKETS-THIS-SMELLS-LIKE-JINX-MATERIAL:   no comment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Quack, quack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think it would be a good match up from the Sox point of view, because if the Giants are there then the Phillies arent. Though the Giants have a nice top of the rotation and good closer....their offense is pitiful. I could not see then beating us in a 7 game series especially if 4 were in Boston with a DH(so go AL tonight)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't see anyone else but Philadelphia winning the National League this year.
    Unless they have a significant number of injuries during the 2nd half of the season, they should be in the World Series this year.  They have the best pitching staff in MLB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Who are the Gaints?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.:
    [QUOTE]I don't see anyone else but Philadelphia winning the National League this year. Unless they have a significant number of injuries during the 2nd half of the season, they should be in the World Series this year.  They have the best pitching staff in MLB. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I think everyone said that last year too.  I know, I know, they added Cliff Lee.  But, as long as the Giants can eek out the miserable NL West, I don't think you can can't those boys out. Plus, the Giants added the very good Barry Zito, who takes the roster spot from his doppelganger who originally signed with the Giants.  Starter for starter, even with Lee, none of the Phillie-Giant match-ups are clear cut chalk-it-ups for the Phils.  Lincecum, somehow, is still underrated.  As we learned last year, he can hold his own and more against the mighty Doc Halladay.  Matt Cain and Cliff Lee?  Dunno, on any given night, either of those guys take it.  And the re-charged Barry Zito/Baumgartner vs. Hamels/Oswalt (if healthy) is probably a check to the Phils because Hamels is back to his studly self, but who knows.  Add in brian Wilson and the Giants may have a better pitching staff at the end of the day.  Same formula as last year for the Gigantes:  great pitching and "timely" hitting.  They proved that the trick when relying on pitching is making the playoffs.  But, once there, its yours for the taking.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

"The Freak" @ Fenway against Beckett...what a matchup that would be...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]"The Freak" @ Fenway against Beckett...what a matchup that would be...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

the only time i would ever not root for The Freak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

As a Red Sox AND a Giants [don't know who the Gaints are :O)], it would be a very pleasurable NIGHTMARE for me. I'd absolutely love it. Maybe I'd have to alternate my allegiance between home teams. In the end, I couldn't lose.
    Oh the joy, oh the rapture!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]As a Red Sox AND a Giants [don't know who the Gaints are :O)], it would be a very pleasurable NIGHTMARE for me. I'd absolutely love it. Maybe I'd have to alternate my allegiance between home teams. In the end, I couldn't lose. Oh the joy, oh the rapture!!!
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

It would be a Nighmare if Barry Bonds threw out the first pitch...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

It'd be another 4 game sweep to a title.  Giants have decent pitching and thats about it.  For example, Tejada is considered one of their 'big' bats... He's batting .240 something...

Sox fan in SF

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]It'd be another 4 game sweep to a title.  Giants have decent pitching and thats about it.  For example, Tejada is considered one of their 'big' bats... He's batting .240 something... Sox fan in SF
    Posted by gettek[/QUOTE]

a. that was the story last year as well, and. b. If you think their pitching is only 'decent', then the Sox pitching is mediocre at best, which would even the field a bit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to RED SOX vs GAINTS: 2011 WS.:
    [QUOTE]Closer Brian Wilson states so... Would this be a good matchup? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Sox in four, but no Posey no Giants. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Gaints will add a big bat...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Way, way, way too early for this kind of talk. For all we know Cleveland will win  the A.L.
    Major League 3, anyone?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I doubt that the gaints make it this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox vs the Braves will be the match-up. Atlanta will make the series the first year after Cox, the most over-rated manager in my life-time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Even if both clubs make the playoffs, odds are that one or both will get knocked off before reaching the World Series. Nothing against these teams, but you can say that about any matchup any year. Very rarely will the World Series be played between the two teams you expected in July.

So I simply shrug and say, "Sure!" I'll be happy with any World Series that includes the Red Sox, because that means they made it that far!

Sections
Shortcuts