Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21

They stunk out the joint, a lousy middle relief corp, a lousy short stop, a bad closer, going cheap in the off season, lousy trades, a bad GM and an idiot named Luchinno. That about sums up the game and the 2012 season. Now I realize that the three games we won from Tampa were a complete fluke. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21": [QUOTE]I went out and it was 6-0 What happened? Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It was a pretty bad day for the Sox today. 

It's been a while since they had such an abysmal team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dante58. Show dante58's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21:
    [QUOTE]Baseball has never had a scandal with the umpires but after seeing that basketball referee, nothing would surprise me. In this day in age when teams spend a half a billion dollars on free agents to win like the Yankees did in 2009, you cannot tell me that umpires cannot be controlled as well. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

umps are doing all they can to make this a happy b-day weekend for fenway.  but at some point, you can't give a team a win if they don't want it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty Boy Jeter always gets that outside call. It amazes me I have been watching that for years.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Jeter got the pitch because it was not a strike.  Take a look:

numlocation.php-pitchSel=469686&game=gid_2012_04_21_nyamlb_bosmlb_1&batterX=74&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3.gif

numlocation.php-pitchSel=469686&game=gid_2012_04_21_nyamlb_bosmlb_1&batterX=74&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3.gif

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter gets at keast 3 inches of the plate on either side. Been watching that for years, the stuff he gets away with these umpires. If he played in any other City but New York he would be a .260 hitter. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, he would walk much more than he does.  Sorry, but Aceves missed the plate four times.  Give Jeter credit for fouling off a couple pitches and working a walk.  

See the Pitch F/X in previous post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i told ya at 7-0 that the yanks could and likely would come back. sox are still finding their way. i agree with val on this.. this team will be fine and go on a run soon! i feel sorry for cc the phatazz, he will get pounded as the sox keep the lead. remember 40-14 last year. this is just just the roughest patch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]i told ya at 7-0 that the yanks could and likely would come back. sox are still finding their way. i agree with val on this.. this team will be fine and go on a run soon! i feel sorry for cc the phatazz, he will get pounded as the sox keep the lead. remember 40-14 last year. this is just just the roughest patch.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yes, you made the "don't count your.." warning.  When I read that, I chuckled.  Then, I remembered this was Fenway Park, and runs can come in bunches. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 4/22/2012 1:13 AM EDT
    First: 1/31/2010
    Last: 4/22/2012
    Jeter gets at keast 3 inches of the plate on either side. Been watching that for years, the stuff he gets away with these umpires. If he played in any other City but New York he would be a .260 hitter. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21":
    Posted by AL34

If that were the case, he would walk much more than he does. Sorry, but Aceves missed the plate four times. Give Jeter credit for fouling off a couple pitches and working a walk.

.......................obviously one person's opinion, but due to the stupidity of the Red's scouts i guess we'll never find out...                                              

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21 : This post is pure idiocy and reeks of nothing but jealousy that NYY fans have had such a great player and have gotten to witness this amazing career.  Jeter will end his career with over 3,500 hits (Yes more than Yastrzemski) and will be an immortal Hall of Famer.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

He is the same poster prior to this season who wrote Aviles was a better choice at SS and also waxed poetic about the Sox pen.

Consider the source.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21 : True statement, they're all in panic mode right now as they are seeing what the 2012 Sox are made of.  Visions of a 4th or 5th place finish has them freaking out.

no "they all" aren't mikey. I'm with them win or lose, something you may or may not understand. I'll watch and support them all season, first or last place, regardless of "what they're made of"  No freaking out here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21 : no "they all" aren't mikey. I'm with them win or lose, something you may or may not understand. I'll watch and support them all season, first or last place, regardless of "what they're made of"  No freaking out here. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Sure J.  You seem like yourself lately.  I never said you would stop supporting them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

http://www.fangraphs.com/lgraphs/20120421_Yankees_RedSox_0_20120421193032_live.png
    saw this game summary on fox today

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

That's it!  I quit.  You can call me anything you want.  I don't care.  This "team" is the pits.  They are rotten to the core, and that includes, what used to be, my favorite Red Sox, DP, after he threw his Manager under the bus for calling out/or not calling out Youk.  If you went to the store and bought some rotten bread, meat, fruit, milk, eggs, etc, would you go back to that store and buy again?  Of course not.  The Red Sox have to many fat heads that are under achievers from management to the players.  This roster is full of has been's and at best AA players with many playing out of position whether it is Bard, who was supposed to be Paps replacement as closer, to a very effective long relief/spot starter in Aceves.  The Red Sox are an embarrassment and its not going to get any better soon.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]This is as painful as watching the Bruins
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21 : This post is pure idiocy and reeks of nothing but jealousy that NYY fans have had such a great player and have gotten to witness this amazing career.  Jeter will end his career with over 3,500 hits (Yes more than Yastrzemski) and will be an immortal Hall of Famer.

While he always had range limitations, agreed. Similar complaints have been made about Mariano, and even the media admits he once in a while gets pitches off the plate; however that has been true of great pitchers since the beginning of time, fair or not. True of great hitters too, such as TW; nobody ever brings that up, making a hot collared statement that he would be a .260 hitter of it wasn't for that, (as AL34 said about Jeter), would be outright ludicrous.

And another thing; rumors of his demise here are greatly exaggerated at this point. Is he not the same at this age? Yes. But he's also hitting 342 since last June.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox suc---k as bad the pink hat fans that pay to go to that dump called Fenway....They are an embarrasment to baseball they are complete overpaid, overfed, fat, arrogant bastards.
    Posted by jeb37[/QUOTE]

welcome aboard jeb.  You'll fit right in here.

Sections
Shortcuts