Red Sox vs Rays Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Red Sox vs Rays Game thread

Lots of game balls to go around today: Farrell, Uehara, Lester, and Victorino.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Otiz is expected back by the end of the week

Can't be. Bill says so.

bill is a wacko...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Bill is COOL!

I talked to his DAD and he just is over enthusiastic! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Good to see Hanrahan get pulled out. Nothing personal but if he can't throw strikes he needs to move down in the food chain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

We do have other alternatives.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

great win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

last licks...walkoff or extras...

i guess you guys took what was behind door #1 Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It seems like we lose this game the last couple years.  Big win today, very happy.....and against Price/Rays

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Joel Hanrahan - R - Red Sox

Red Sox manager John Farrell said Saturday that Joel Hanrahan will remain the team's closer.

Hanrahan blew a save Wednesday and was removed from Saturday's game after walking the only two batters he faced. But the Red Sox aren't ready to make a change quit yet. Andrew Bailey still warrants stashing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Sometimes I really hate our fans. He had that O's game closed on 3 different strikes that were called for balls...that loss is completely on the ump, and yet our fans jump all over the closer. Booing him every time out isn't going to help his confidence at all and SEVERELY diminishes the strength of the bullpen.

If Hanrahan is that sensitive (the boos were not THAT loud), he definitely should be pitching back in a small market Pittsburgh-style setting...Better to learn now than later...

It's not the reaction to it or the volume of the boos. It's the fact that one of our guys after a "blown save" that he really did finish gets blasted by fans in his own ballpark after a single walk...I absolutely hate that. Now don't get me wrong, he needs tougher skin, and I really hope he can develop that...but it should only be needed for away games. If he'd blown a couple of games in a row or really had a bad track record...fine, boo away. But this is just showing how terrible of a fanbase Boston has started to become.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

Sometimes I really hate our fans. He had that O's game closed on 3 different strikes that were called for balls...that loss is completely on the ump, and yet our fans jump all over the closer. Booing him every time out isn't going to help his confidence at all and SEVERELY diminishes the strength of the bullpen.

If Hanrahan is that sensitive (the boos were not THAT loud), he definitely should be pitching back in a small market Pittsburgh-style setting...Better to learn now than later...

It's not the reaction to it or the volume of the boos. It's the fact that one of our guys after a "blown save" that he really did finish gets blasted by fans in his own ballpark after a single walk...I absolutely hate that. Now don't get me wrong, he needs tougher skin, and I really hope he can develop that...but it should only be needed for away games. If he'd blown a couple of games in a row or really had a bad track record...fine, boo away. But this is just showing how terrible of a fanbase Boston has started to become.

Give me a break. Booing is part of the game. You don't have to cheer every player all the time. If a player performs, he gets cheered here; if he falls on his face, like Hanrahan did, you get booed. If Hanrahan pitches well next time he will get cheered like Victorino did today. Nothing wrong with that at all.

14. This post has been removed.