Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...

... according to this tweet from Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports:

http://twitter.com/#!/jonmorosi/status/150330059876597760

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...

When the Sox and the Yanks go after the same player that is not a good thing for either club...the price tends to escalate beyond the real worth of the player. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...:
    [QUOTE]When the Sox and the Yanks go after the same player that is not a good thing for either club...the price tends to escalate beyond the real worth of the player. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Both teams end up losing. One team will overpay for the player they want while the other team won't get the player they want.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Let's hope the Sox drive the Yanks into overpaying for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope the Sox drive the Yanks into overpaying for him.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Let's hope that we can get at least 1 more good starter. Kuroda might be a decent option now that Gio is gone. We need to add someone good soon.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One gets Oswalt the other gets Kuroda. Also don't be surprised if Andrew Jones winds up in Boston

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Kuroda and Oswalt will probably cost way too much. The Yanks can have them both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow great please ben let the yankees have him. hes 37 years old and has pitched in the NL in a weak hitting division his whole career. I would rather the sox sign oswalt at this point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

ESPN is saying Kuroda will get a one year at $12 million and that Cashman won't go that high.

He's 37. That's all the Sox need is DiceK 2.

Oswalt will pitch hard because like Beltre he wants a one year deal to get his value up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN is saying Kuroda will get a one year at $12 million and that Cashman won't go that high. He's 37. That's all the Sox need is DiceK 2. Oswalt will pitch hard because like Beltre he wants a one year deal to get his value up.
    Posted by stillgridlocked[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't give Kuroda more than $7-8M/1.
    I wouldn't give Oswalt more than $4-5M/1.

Both will probably get more, so adios...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would give oswalt 1 yr 7-8 mill. just read on mlbtr that if the nats had signed buerhle, chances are they would not have gone after gio. would have made the sox chances of landing him alot better and the price likely lower. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Yay, Kuroda.

My bellybutton is puckering and unpuckering in anticipation...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN is saying Kuroda will get a one year at $12 million and that Cashman won't go that high. He's 37. That's all the Sox need is DiceK 2. Oswalt will pitch hard because like Beltre he wants a one year deal to get his value up.

If his goal is to build value, there is almost zero chance this career National Leaguer comes to Boston to do it....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Kuroda is a solid middle of the rotation guy that will probably pitch to a 4 or a 4.5 era in the AL. comparing him to Matsusaka isn't fair, but I'd take the Dice of 2007 for 12M...

Oswalt isn't looking to drive up his value, that's already been set. Due to a chronic back problem, he's already stated that he's looking for a 1 year deal with a playoff worthy team and is also considering retirement. He might represent the best risk reward guy left on the board, but the risk might be such that it over rides the value of the reward...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

There are rumors out there that Kuroda is currently mulling over an offer from the Yankees.

I don't know the amount but possibly a 2nd year with an option for Kuroda.

Time will tell. Myself I think he could help either the Sox or the Yankees, he's a good pitcher and should be good for 200 innings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]There are rumors out there that Kuroda is currently mulling over an offer from the Yankees. I don't know the amount but possibly a 2nd year with an option for Kuroda. Time will tell. Myself I think he could help either the Sox or the Yankees, he's a good pitcher and should be good for 200 innings.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Hey TWM,
    How've you been, longtime no speak...

I agree he'd be a good fit for either team, probably more so to the Sox than the Yanks due to needs of both teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Merry Xmas BT.

Laying low.

Yeah I also think that Kuroda could be a solid pitcher for 2012.

From what I've read he prefers the west coast because of the flying time to Japan, but now that the Dodgers are out of the picture would consider playing on the east coast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Xmas BT. Laying low. Yeah I also think that Kuroda could be a solid pitcher for 2012. From what I've read he prefers the west coast because of the flying time to Japan, but now that the Dodgers are out of the picture would consider playing on the east coast.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Please give my regards and holiday wishes to the Dem Yanks crew and tell to stop by every now and again. The BDC, has once again become my primary place to discuss all things baseball (just works better given my schedule).

BT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The correct phrasing would be 'Yankees close to signing Kuroda, Sox interest boosting Kuroda's payday.' 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...": [QUOTE]... according to this tweet from Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports: http://twitter.com/#!/jonmorosi/status/150330059876597760 Posted by hill55[/QUOTE] Just what the sox need, another japanese pitcher who doesnt really want to play here, :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda...": Just what the sox need, another japanese pitcher who doesnt really want to play here, :(
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Like Key Igawa?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You could be right. Either team could fake interest to get the payday up.

All the ridiculous amounts that teams pay in players and money make it even more important to develope your own.

Free agent pitching is a hugh gamble. More teams get burned on FA pitchers then do not.

The list is long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Kuroda... : You are correct. Both teams end up losing. One team will overpay for the player they want while the other team won't get the player they want.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Agreed,  Both teams really need starting pitching and both have the money to overpay.  Could end up being another bad contract for either team.  Although, if he is a productive pitcher the team that signs him won't regret overpaying him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope the Sox drive the Yanks into overpaying for him.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    No. Lets hope the RS sign this guy to a reasonable deal for a 4-5 type starter. He's a real good fit for RS. Probably get on a 1 yr + option type deal same as a Oswalt who might cost a little more but has more questions about his health. I also wouldn't mind RS signing a P.Maholm type who came into his own last year w/ Pirates. As Pirates did well last year so did Maholm, maybe a guy who pitching for a good team will become a better pitcher. Some guys just play better when playing for something.

Sections
Shortcuts