Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching

It would probably help our team if Reddick is placed in RF when Crawford returns.  Release Cam or send down McD? 

Reddick 400BA against RH and 600 L
    Cameron 167BA against RH and 150 L
    Drew 240BA against RH and 200 L
    McD 143BA against RH and 107 L

You are only as strong as your weakest link!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yitbos. Show yitbos's posts

Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching

they should trade mcdonald ,cameron drew and lackey for a bag of old balls and a mop!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Agreed, put Reddick in full time while he is hot.  

Although I think the Sox need to pickup a RH outfielder with some pop if they are going to keep rolling. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching:
    Agreed, put Reddick in full time while he is hot.   Although I think the Sox need to pickup a RH outfielder with some pop if they are going to keep rolling. 
    Posted by soxmeister

soxmeister I completely agree just to have all bases covered if Reddick begins to slide a bit against lefties.  At this point Drew, Cam and McD are really not helping the cause.  Jason and Salty are doing their part but RF is a disaster from an offensive view.  It's obvious Reddick has a lot more motivation and focus on the big club so stop returning him to the minors in favor of non-productive players is my opinion. 

Hey, we all have our favorite players but this is a team fighting with the Yanks and Rays not the Pads.

You are only as strong as your weakest link
    !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

In Response to Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching:
    It would probably help our team if Reddick is placed in RF when Crawford returns.   Release Cam or send down McD?   Reddick 400BA against RH and 600 L Cameron 167BA against RH and 150 L Drew 240BA against RH and 200 L McD 143BA against RH and 107 L You are only as strong as your weakest link!
    Posted by craze4sox

Yes, I agree, release Cam, sit Drew on the bench, send McD down and keep Reddick in RF and let him prove he belongs there.

SS is another problematic area. Scu is an average fielder at best but he is horrible at the dish. He hits into too many DP's with his weak ground ball hitting.

I propose that Boston takes a look at Eric Sogard in the Oakland A's AAA minor league system. He is a solid 300 hitter, OBP 382, SLG 411, OPS 793 with 13 SB, and more importantly only 31 strike outs in 275 at bats. He batted 429 last Sept. when Oakland brought him up. He is an above average infielder and can play any of the infield positions. He is out of the mold of Pedroia, in fact, like Pedoria, he played at ASU and was a 2nd round pick by SD.

In his last 10 game in Sacramento he is batting 314, OBP of 419, SLG of 429 and an OPS of 847. He is a tremendous contact hitter. Last year, he led the
    California league with 42 doubles. Check out this link http://www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of, it will tell you a little bit more about his playing abilities. And yes, he is playing at SS right now in Sacramento. Boston should trade for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : Yes, I agree, release Cam, sit Drew on the bench, send McD down and keep Reddick in RF and let him prove he belongs there. SS is another problematic area. Scu is an average fielder at best but he is horrible at the dish. He hits into too many DP's with his weak ground ball hitting. I propose that Boston takes a look at Eric Sogard in the Oakland A's AAA minor league system. He is a solid 300 hitter, OPS 382, SLG 411, OPS 793 with 13 SB, and more importantly only 31 strike outs in 275 at bats. He batted 429 last Sept. when Oakland brought him up. He is an above average infielder and can play any of the infield positions. He is out of the mold of Pedroia, in fact, like Pedoria, he played at ASU and was a 2nd round pick by SD. In his last 10 game in Sacramento he is batting 314, OPS of 419, SLG of 429 and an OPS of 847. He is a tremendous contact hitter. Last year, he led the California league with 42 doubles. Check out this link http://www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of , it will tell you a little bit more about his playing abilities. And yes, he is playing at SS right now in Sacramento. Boston should trade for him.
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg

He sounds like a promising prospect but one the Sox may need to give up too much in return.  I think Iglesias will be fine.  Look at a kid like Reddick, who is basically playing for nothing in the minors after being sent down so many times.  His motivation and true concentration is like most kids. 

At the major league level!

Lets face it, J.D. was a "non factor" last season when we needed him to step up and worse this season.  Mike, has had no offense since arriving so we are basically playing them because of their salary, past and hopes they will get younger over night.  Do we sacrafice another year just to make them happy, or move forward as a team on a quest to win a championship?   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Have you guys looked atCrawford's numbers vs LHPs?

Forget about Drew, Crawford is and has been worse.

2011: .474 OPS (92 PAs)
    2010: .696 OPS (223)
    Career: .684 OPS

Drew:
    2011: .606 (38)
    2010: .611
    Career: .776

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Have you guys looked atCrawford's numbers vs LHPs? Forget about Drew, Crawford is and has been worse. 2011: .474 OPS (92 PAs) 2010: .696 OPS (223) Career: .684 OPS Drew: 2011: .606 (38) 2010: .611 Career: .776
    Posted by moonslav59

I looked moonslav and agree, but Crawford is part of our future and a player we have to deal with and pray he comes around.  Drew and or Cameron have been expendable in my opinion for some time now.  I'm grateful for Reddick because it could be even worse but we need to address the RF situation, especially with McD not producing. 

Of course the fact Papi and Clay are out isn't helping us much either but it does show us once again the disadvantage of Papi being one dimensional.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Craw is injured, so making any move before he is back is not wise.
    2) I have more faith in Drew vs LHPs this year than Crawford.
    3) I have more faith in Cam and DMac going forwards vs LHPs than either Craw or Drew (just not in the 5 slot).

Crawford may have a longer future here, but his "future" will not likely ever get better vs LHPs than his career numbers show him to be. This is Crawford's 10 ML season. He's had 1685 PAs vs LHPs. If he was going "to come around" vs LHPs , I think we'd have seen it by now.

You can pray all you want; I'll go by recent history and career numbers to guess who should do better this year. Going by 2009-2011 numbers, these are our best corner OF'ers vs LHPs:
    1) Cam
    2) DMac
    3) Drew
    4) Craw

You guys have lost all faith in 1-3 while the number 4 guy is the worst. I don't care if he makes $284M; the guy can't hit lefties. I hope he proves me wrong (like Papi has tjis year).

Choosing bad over horrible is sometimes the only thing one can do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

1) Craw is injured, so making any move before he is back is not wise. 2) I have more faith in Drew vs LHPs this year than Crawford. 3) I have more faith in Cam and DMac going forwards vs LHPs than either Craw or Drew (just not in the 5 slot). Crawford may have a longer future here, but his "future" will not likely ever get better vs LHPs than his career numbers show him to be. This is Crawford's 10 ML season. He's had 1685 PAs vs LHPs. If he was going "to come around" vs LHPs , I think we'd have seen it by now. You can pray all you want; I'll go by recent history and career numbers to guess who should do better this year. Going by 2009-2011 numbers, these are our best corner OF'ers vs LHPs: 1) Cam 2) DMac 3) Drew 4) Craw You guys have lost all faith in 1-3 while the number 4 guy is the worst. I don't care if he makes $284M; the guy can't hit lefties. I hope he proves me wrong (like Papi has tjis year). Choosing bad over horrible is sometimes the only thing one can do.
    Posted by moonslav59

moon, recently there have been balls either misjudged or simply not caught up to by Drew and Cameron so they have definately lost a step defensively.  I agree we can't make a move unto Carl comes back and he is our worst hitter against lefties so far.

Lets be fair to Crawford, he hasn't been here long and is a career 263 hitter against LHP.  Drew and Cameron have both drastically declined and at the end of their careers so Carl is probably more likely to rebound don't you think?  As far as McD goes we all knew it may not last.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : He sounds like a promising prospect but one the Sox may need to give up too much in return.  I think Iglesias will be fine.  Look at a kid like Reddick, who is basically playing for nothing in the minors after being sent down so many times.  His motivation and true concentration is like most kids.  At the major league level! Lets face it, J.D. was a "non factor" last season when we needed him to step up and worse this season.  Mike, has had no offense since arriving so we are basically playing them because of their salary, past and hopes they will get younger over night.  Do we sacrafice another year just to make them happy, or move forward as a team on a quest to win a championship?   
    Posted by craze4sox

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Iglesias is really struggling at the plate and even looks confused at times. There are no doubts about his defensive skills but he may never mature as a hitter. That is why I'm suggesting Sogard as insurance if Iglesias continues to struggle at the plate. Nothing wrong with having another Pedrioa like player in the Sox infield. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : moon, recently there have been balls either misjudged or simply not caught up to by Drew and Cameron so its hard for me to think they are any better than Reddick at this point defensively.  I agree we can't make a move unto Carl comes back and he is our worst hitter against lefties so far. Lets be fair to Crawford, he hasn't been here long and is a career 263 hitter against LHP.  Drew and Cameron have both drastically declined and at the end of their careers so Carl is probably more likely to rebound don't you think?  As far as McD goes we all knew it may not last.
    Posted by craze4sox

Let's be fair to Cameron - he's been a ridiculously consistent hitter until his injury-plagued 2010.  He probably should not have played at all last year, given his injuries.  In 2011, he has had 90 ABs and has a BABip of .167.  That's a lot of bad luck in very little time.  If he were playing full-time, I think he'd be back to career averages very quickly.  As it is, I think he could still be a very valuable RH bat coming off the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : Let's be fair to Cameron - he's been a ridiculously consistent hitter until his injury-plagued 2010.  He probably should not have played at all last year, given his injuries.  In 2011, he has had 90 ABs and has a BABip of .167.  That's a lot of bad luck in very little time.  If he were playing full-time, I think he'd be back to career averages very quickly.  As it is, I think he could still be a very valuable RH bat coming off the bench.
    Posted by slomag

Cameron has lost a step or two in the field and bat speed.  He will probably retire after the season.  With all due respect to Cam I think his age is the real problem. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Drew just left the game with an eye-injury...i guess he saw too many called 3rd strikes.   The resulting 15 days on the DL will free up more playing time for the others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Iglesias is really struggling at the plate and even looks confused at times. There are no doubts about his defensive skills but he may never mature as a hitter. That is why I'm suggesting Sogard as insurance if Iglesias continues to struggle at the plate. Nothing wrong with having another Pedrioa like player in the Sox infield. 

We have never had much luck developing a SS since Hanley so it's tough to call on Iglesias.  When Theo believes in a player he rarely changes his mind so hopefully Iglesias matures.  A guy like Reyes would definately help our lineup and probably play great ball if he had an opportunity to win a championship.

I'm sure it would put a crimp in the Yankees plans as well.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : We have never had much luck developing a SS since Hanley so it's tough to call on Iglesias.  When Theo believes in a player he rarely changes his mind so hopefully Iglesias matures.  A guy like Reyes would definately help our lineup and probably play great ball if he had an opportunity to win a championship. I'm sure it would put a crimp in the Yankees plans as well.  
    Posted by craze4sox

Yes, an excellent suggestion, however, isn't he injury prone? What will it take to get him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : Yes, an excellent suggestion, however, isn't he injury prone? What will it take to get him?

Jose, is healthy this season and back to what everyone knows hes capable of.  Any trade is a risk but I guarantee the Yankees won't think twice about previous injuries if he becomes available.  I'm still optimistic about Iglesias but hes not making much progress as a hitter.  Hes still a kid and has plenty of time but doesn't appear ready anytime soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Craze...did you take a look at my earlier post on Sogard. He played high school ball with my son here in Arizona. He's the real deal! Here's the post again. Tell me what you think.

SS is another problematic area. Scu is an average fielder at best but he is horrible at the dish. He hits into too many DP's with his weak ground ball hitting.

I propose that Boston takes a look at Eric Sogard in the Oakland A's AAA minor league system. He is a solid 300 hitter, OBP 382, SLG 411, OPS 793 with 13 SB, and more importantly only 31 strike outs in 275 at bats. He batted 429 last Sept. when Oakland brought him up. He is an above average infielder and can play any of the infield positions. He is out of the mold of Pedroia, in fact, like Pedoria, he played at ASU and was a 2nd round pick by SD.

In his last 10 game in Sacramento he is batting 314, OBP of 419, SLG of 429 and an OPS of 847. He is a tremendous contact hitter. Last year, he led the
    California league with 42 doubles. Check out this link www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of">http://www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of, it will tell you a little bit more about his playing abilities. And yes, he is playing at SS right now in Sacramento. Boston should trade for him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Cameron is a joke. 1st pitch swinging.
    DMac is just horrible. Hassan is probably a better hitter.
    Get rid of both of them tomorrow.
    I'd rather have a bag of balls

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Craze...did you take a look at my earlier post on Sogard. He played high school ball with my son here in Arizona. He's the real deal! Here's the post again. Tell me what you think. SS is another problematic area. Scu is an average fielder at best but he is horrible at the dish. He hits into too many DP's with his weak ground ball hitting. I propose that Boston takes a look at Eric Sogard in the Oakland A's AAA minor league system. He is a solid 300 hitter, OBP 382, SLG 411, OPS 793 with 13 SB, and more importantly only 31 strike outs in 275 at bats. He batted 429 last Sept. when Oakland brought him up. He is an above average infielder and can play any of the infield positions. He is out of the mold of Pedroia, in fact, like Pedoria, he played at ASU and was a 2nd round pick by SD. In his last 10 game in Sacramento he is batting 314, OBP of 419, SLG of 429 and an OPS of 847. He is a tremendous contact hitter. Last year, he led the California league with 42 doubles. Check out this link www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of " /> http://www.athleticsnation.com/2010/1/30/1283954/an-exclusive-a-frank-assessment-of , it will tell you a little bit more about his playing abilities. And yes, he is playing at SS right now in Sacramento. Boston should trade for him.

lifelong I did respond sorry you missed it.  He sounds like a nice young prospect but I doubt the Red Sox could pry him away without giving up too much in return.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : moon, recently there have been balls either misjudged or simply not caught up to by Drew and Cameron so they have definately lost a step defensively.  I agree we can't make a move unto Carl comes back and he is our worst hitter against lefties so far. Lets be fair to Crawford, he hasn't been here long and is a career 263 hitter against LHP.  Drew and Cameron have both drastically declined and at the end of their careers so Carl is probably more likely to rebound don't you think?  As far as McD goes we all knew it may not last.
    Posted by craze4sox

It is such a relief that we have so many tolerant and patient posters on this forum like you. How nice of you to be still giving Crawford another chance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yup, time for the Sox to make a move or get one cooking.  Cam is a great guy, everytime he is up there I hope he gets a hit, just so he can go out on a good note.  It aint happening.   Maybe he will get hot in a game where Tito has to play him, and that would be great.   Odds are very low of that happening.

Cam:  AVG: .146   OBP: .220   SLG:  .228

McD is just a fill in, Drew is slowing down for his retriement at the end if the season.

Good win today, we needed it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching : It is such a relief that we have so many tolerant and patient posters on this forum like you. How nice of you to be still giving Crawford another chance.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Sorry if I offended you but Drew/Cam and McD were 0 for 6 so the situation is real.  If any of these guys go on a streak tomorrow I would be happy for them and our team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Reddick/Drew/Cam/McD Stats L & RH pitching:
    It would probably help our team if Reddick is placed in RF when Crawford returns.   Release Cam or send down McD?   Reddick 400BA against RH and 600 L Cameron 167BA against RH and 150 L Drew 240BA against RH and 200 L McD 143BA against RH and 107 L You are only as strong as your weakest link!
    Posted by craze4sox

Sections
Shortcuts