Reddick: Six HRs in six games.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Reddick: Six HRs in six games.

In Response to Re: Reddick: Six HRs in six games.:
    Ellsbury is not "our best hitter", weak defensive CF'er, weak lead-off inning OBP, and over 2M is not "next to nothing". It's going up the next two years, if he's not traded, at which time the jig is up to FA. I'll tell you right now that Ellsbury won't be worth half what Boras demands in FA.
    Posted by BaseballGM

Ellsbury can hit LH pitching or RH pitching well. I hear what Moon is saying but if we trade Ellsbury we lose one of the few guys we have who hits LH pitching well. He's a guy coming into his prime. I do not see an Ellsbury trade in our future. I think we take the 2 picks if he leaves in FA, if he is a type A as I for one expect. 

We will also have maybe $20-$25 mil available for one or more RH bats, but it probably comes via a trade in a salary dump deal as I vaguely remember that the FA OF solutions are not helpful next year. I do think we need a big RH bat though. I think most of us are in agreement on that one.

If we could just hit with RISP we wouldn't even be having these discussions. Time will probably heal these limitations. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...if we trade Ellsbury we lose one of the few guys we have who hits LH pitching well...

sorry boom, under .800 is not "well".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Salty looked a little encouraging today. That throw to 2nd on Ichiro was encouraging. He had a perfect pitch to receive though and a perfect throw to second and still couldn't nail him. It was encouraging though. He hit better today also.

He has shown some ability to lift the ball to LF as a left handed batter. He can reach the wall and maybe will start hitting the ball over that wall soon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Historically Ellsbury has not hit many doubles. He is way above his normal pace for doubles this year ( and HR ) and doing greater damage with his bat should increase his OBP as well. He may well be a Johnny Damon in his prime in the next 2 years, which would help this team a lot.

Johnny Damon with more steals. It could happen this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Ellsbury will be shipped out before the end of his arbitration years, not for 2 picks. Crawford took care of making sure that happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick: Six HRs in six games.:
    Ellsbury will be shipped out before the end of his arbitration years, not for 2 picks. Crawford took care of making sure that happens.
    Posted by BaseballGM
    '

In UR dreams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, harness, in your giddy and juvenile "Crawbury" dreams Ellsbury plays for the Red Sox through 2013.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jake rakes through 2013.
    The talk of 2013 extension will have you posting 200 times a day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Ellsbury is a better hitter this year than he has been in the past. He will have a higher OBP, Higher slugging, higher OPS this year IMO. I want him in the lineup against Right or Left handed pitchers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Reddick, like Anderson, has taken a little longer to adjust at different levels, but both have excelled once that learning curve is over. I believe Reddick "gets it" now with his approach and plate discipline and we should see him start to really take off this year. I think Anderson could also do the same this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Also, as far as the Ellsbury being traded talk here. Im on the side that he will be here through 2013 and the Sox WILL try to resign him. Especially if his numbers continue to go north like they were before the 2010 season and all the rib issues.

Sections
Shortcuts