Reddick Taking The Gas Pipe In Sept. AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Reddick Taking The Gas Pipe In Sept. AGAIN!

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather have a healthy Ross/Sweeney in RF all season than Reddick. If Ellsbury, Crawford and Sweeney did not get hurt, that would have happened.

I'd rather have had a healthy Bailey at closer than Aceves.

It just didn't work out like that, but let's see what we get for Sweeney in trade this winter and how Bailey does the next 2 years as our closer.

Reddick still has time to improve, and he is certainly helping the A's. Dumping Bailey and Sweeney's contracts helped the A's as well going forward on a limited budget. 

[/QUOTE]

I like your 'If' comments. It didn't happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reddick is now .067 for the past week and .133 for September. WOW!

[/QUOTE]

And the A's keep winning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Reddick is now .067 for the past week and .133 for September. WOW!

[/QUOTE]

And the A's keep winning.

[/QUOTE]

So, if the Sox were winning, it would be OK if Iggy hits .133 in 90 PAs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd rather have a healthy Ross/Sweeney in RF all season than Reddick. If Ellsbury, Crawford and Sweeney did not get hurt, that would have happened.

I'd rather have had a healthy Bailey at closer than Aceves.

It just didn't work out like that, but let's see what we get for Sweeney in trade this winter and how Bailey does the next 2 years as our closer.

Reddick still has time to improve, and he is certainly helping the A's. Dumping Bailey and Sweeney's contracts helped the A's as well going forward on a limited budget. 

I like your 'If' comments. It didn't happen.

I've judged trades in hindsight myself, so I get your point, but the fact remains, we did pretty well in RF without Reddick, and there is no telling how well Josh would have done with Boston this year... big RF for a lefty, lots of media and fan pressure, and a dismal team attitude to boot.

You are right: Josh in Boston in 2012 - "it didn't happen".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The point actually is that Reddick has a lower OPS than last year.  

He isn't that good.  He is Rob Deer 2.0

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Reddick is 25 years old.  the "experts" here - aka the people who hate Reddick because they were wrong about him - apparently think there is no way he will be better next or the year after.

In the meantime, the Crystal Closer is proving that he can get a few saves on a last place team with nothing on the line.

Will be interesting to see is he is active next april or out with another injury.

Sweeney, I must admit, has done nothing.  But the "experts" have a point with sweeney.  he does have a high average for a guy who literally has a bat made of Gouda.

When the "experts" get it wrong they hate that.  This is why they hate players like Reddick.  The "experts" all thought Nava and Kalish were better than Reddick and they hate being reminded of it.

A similar thing will happen if the Sox fail to keep Ellsbury. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reddick is 25 years old.  the "experts" here - aka the people who hate Reddick because they were wrong about him - apparently think there is no way he will be better next or the year after.

In the meantime, the Crystal Closer is proving that he can get a few saves on a last place team with nothing on the line.

Will be interesting to see is he is active next april or out with another injury.

Sweeney, I must admit, has done nothing.  But the "experts" have a point with sweeney.  he does have a high average for a guy who literally has a bat made of Gouda.

When the "experts" get it wrong they hate that.  This is why they hate players like Reddick.  The "experts" all thought Nava and Kalish were better than Reddick and they hate being reminded of it.

[/QUOTE]

Career 959 at bats .245 Batting average.  39 home runs, .301 OBP 229 strike outs.  

What are people supposed to be wrong about again?  He's Rob Deer.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Since all star break he is hitting .215 with 70 strike outs in 270 at bats.

What a remarkable performance.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wsn't aware we traded Reddick for Aviles. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

How is Reddick a winner?

Because of his invisible second halfs, culminated by non existent Septembers?

His 2 hits last night, have him way up to ,o71 in September. He's hit .234 on the road this season. One hit all year with bases loaded. .189 w/ runners on abse. .203 w/RISP. .197 w/RISP and 2 outs.

What a winner! What a clutch hitter!

Oh, and I disliked Reddick while he was with the Sox. Anyone who looks like a fugative from a '70s Southern rock band, and has obviously never seen a weight room, has little pride in themselves as a professional.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

How is Reddick a winner?

Because of his invisible second halfs, culminated by non existent Septembers?

His 2 hits last night, have him way up to ,o71 in September. He's hit .234 on the road this season. One hit all year with bases loaded. .189 w/ runners on abse. .203 w/RISP. .197 w/RISP and 2 outs.

What a winner! What a clutch hitter!

Oh, and I disliked Reddick while he was with the Sox. Anyone who looks like a fugative from a '70s Southern rock band, and has obviously never seen a weight room, has little pride in themselves as a professional.

[/QUOTE]

Weight room? Now that's silly.  He's hit 31 homers playing half his games in Oakland and a lot of those are 400+ foot shots.  You're saying he's not strong enough?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reddick is a winner, which is a remarkable season. Aviles is a loser, and has had the kind of season that is manifestly loser.

[/QUOTE]

you continue to embarrass johnny pesky. can't you change your avatar to someone else?

here's an idea---george w bush. you both have a lot in common.

[/QUOTE]

You know what the ultimate irony of this is?

It was Pesky who started softy on his whole anti-Jake crusade, when he compared him to Teddy Ballgame, and a handful of fans on this site agreed with him.

softy's avatar = man who projected near Teddy numbers for Jake.

And, people wonder why I call him the "silly clown".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reddick is a winner, which is a remarkable season. Aviles is a loser, and has had the kind of season that is manifestly loser.

[/QUOTE]

you continue to embarrass johnny pesky. can't you change your avatar to someone else?

here's an idea---george w bush. you both have a lot in common.

[/QUOTE]

You know what the ultimate irony of this is?

It was Pesky who started softy on his whole anti-Jake crusade, when he compared him to Teddy Ballgame, and a handful of fans on this site agreed with him.

softy's avatar = man who projected near Teddy numbers for Jake.

And, people wonder why I call him the "silly clown".

[/QUOTE]

Nobody wonders why you call him that Moon...Hes made it perfectly clear why...At least one thing is true about him...Hes consistent...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Or one that keeps bringing it up a year after hes been gone...Oh, thats right...Thats just your schtick...my bad...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Reddick hit 2 HRs today - up to 31.

Oops!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or one that keeps bringing it up a year after hes been gone...Oh, thats right...Thats just your schtick...my bad...

[/QUOTE]

He "clings to" his Wakes and Teks...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't hate Reddick, but really, I just don't see why people - OK, one person - gets so worked up over this guy.  The Sox have traded away better players and survived,  Every team has.

And the Sox needed pitching.  Ill-advised relocation of Bard to the rotation or not, they had no pitching depth.  I always thought moving Bard to the rotation was dumb, but stll think they needed more arms for both the pen and rotation.  I also think blind hatred of Andy Bailey is dumb.  You act like its Bailey's fault your modern Babe Ruth got traded. ..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Reddick hit 2 HRs today - up to 31.

Oops!

[/QUOTE]

Oops what?  He's Rob Deer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Dave Kingman at best.