Reddick-ulous

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Re: Reddick-ulous

Moon..............Reddick last year at the major league level went .280 Avg., 6Hr's., .780 OPS - something like that. Whats not to like about that from a fill in starter at something like .451 Mil/yr? Taking the year in it's entirety, start to finish, no cherry picking. Sweeney's a tease. All he's got is he hits righties well, about .400+ but lefties at about .110 last I looked. No power at all, not that fast and limited range in RF. No arm strength for a guy his size.Can't steal a base, o.k. maybe a couple.Reddick's already got (4). Reddick hits 3rd. with no protection, Pennington about.200 and Cespedeses at .250. Sweeney used to hit at the bottom of the order now he's moved up to 2nd.Reddick hits against both lefties and righties, .302 against LH'ers and abour.275 against RH'ers. Thats all we heard last year, he can't hit lefties and no plate discipline, what a joke. Bailey has yet to prove this year that he's a darn good pitcher. All we knew about him was that he pitched well in the past and has an injury problem.So far we still know that he's pitched well in the past but he still has an injury problem. Moon, by no pressure do you mean that the A's are not contenders? 5 games behind Texas......they're still in it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

It's not scientific, merely anecdotal, and anyone can get lucky at any time......
    BUT a good friend of mine in the New England area saw Reddick hit a dinger in Portland a couple years back.

Said the sound of the bat hitting the ball so loud, he'd only heard that sound twice before. From back in early 80's, kid named Eric Davis; and years later, of all people,guy name of Fielder ( junior one, Prince ).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

remove said head from rectum, bard close ho ho ho ho - bed wetter, like most of our clutch hitters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The best thing that happened for Josh Reddick was to get traded to the A's. This kid was the best outfielder the RS had in the system, bar none. He has an incredible skill set. 

Funny I never heard anyone say this last year until after his hot 25 games start to 2011. Then, after his steep decline the quiet set in.

His fill in time for the RS at the major league level was more than adequate,.280 BA + 6HRS in 80+ games, ( I'm winging these numbers but I'm close ). He was platooned by TF, DMAC would hit against LH pitchers, and stay in the game on defense. Tough to get any consistency going playing a platoon. 

Although he only started 5 games vs LHPs (and 59 vs RHPs), from June 19th to August 13th, he missed just 1 game. In that 47 game stretch Josh was used after the 5th inning 11 times (only 6 times for 1 PA). He played enough to find a rhythm. He had 156 PAs in those 47 games. He played vs LHPs more than TF had probably counted on due to all the injuries and the fact that he did pretty well vs them last year.

He started his decline after game 18 of that 47 game stretch. After August 16th, he missed just 1 Sox game until Sox game number 153 on Sept 19th. 

His, Reddick's, Splits indicated he wasn't that bad against Lefties last year while DMAC
    was below .200 from either side combined. 

Wrong. DMac hit .260 vs LHPs lasy year and had an .804 OPS vs lefties.

Yes, Josh did well vs LHPs, if you count .766 as good. If you want to use the excuse that Josh never got a chance to play steadily and find a groove, can't we say the same about DMac? The one time DMac did get a chance to play everyday, he did as well as Reddick's .766 (in 2010). DMac had an .821 OPS vs LHPs that year of steady playing time. His career mark is .787.

We find value in guys like DMAC,Sweeney, Ross,Byrd and trade our best OF'er prospect at the time for a sore armed pitcher with a history of injury for a guy perfectly healthy. Here's the rub, Trading an everyday player prospect like Reddick for a relief pitcher or closer type short changes the team aquiring the pitcher because the pitcher can't help the team everyday, whereas the everyday player can help the team everyday he plays.

They traded Reddick for a closer and our best current OF'er. If Bailey had saved some of the games we blew this year along with Sweeney's nice start, nobody would care that Josh had 8 HRs.

I wish Josh the best, but the guys had a .243 BA in 791 AAA PAs and a .257 BA in 420 AA PAs in the Boston farm system. He was not our number 1 OF prospect. Kalish was our overall # prospect with soxprospects on April 1st and June 17th of 2011. Reddick was 12th and 7th. Yes, there was a time Reddick was rated higher, but he had been falling until he hit the ground running in 2011's MLb call-up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick-ulous:
    [QUOTE]Reddick is ridiculously streaky, Bailey is injured and Sweeney is hitting 353. Which is THIRD IN THE LEAGUE. I would say this is too early to call whether it be a good trade or a bad trade.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Because there are always people who think that, no matter what you get back, if you gave up something that in some way, someone can decide was pretty good, you failed at that trade.

I'm sure there are some who, deep in the dark recesses of their soul, in that little place we all have but never visist, the one where we hide things we want to say but know we shouldn't, there is a Sox fan out there who is bothered by a trade we made with the Expos, because Pavano is still pitching and Pedro is long since departed and retired...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Reddick-ulous:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reddick-ulous : Because there are always people who think that, no matter what you get back, if you gave up something that in some way, someone can decide was pretty good, you failed at that trade. I'm sure there are some who, deep in the dark recesses of their soul, in that little place we all have but never visist, the one where we hide things we want to say but know we shouldn't, there is a Sox fan out there who is bothered by a trade we made with the Expos, because Pavano is still pitching and Pedro is long since departed and retired...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
     Funny! Same guy laments losing Jamie Moyer.

Sections
Shortcuts