RedSox @ Cardinals Game#2................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: RedSox @ Cardinals Game#2................

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to parhunter55's comment:

Sox now up 5 to 3 as Linares PH for Iglesias and has the RBI single.  Marrero in at SS and Rubby rubs out Cards in bottom of the 8th.  3 up, 3 down.

I really like that guy. What does he need to do to get a shot at the big club?

Man I posted about RDLR a while back when NO ONE was talking about him. It's not hard just see what the Dodgers thought about him back in '11. Very, very high. They were saying he could be the best since they drafted Pedro. He gets traded and he's never mentioned in Sox off season plans. Now all the beat writers are saying he's awesome. Amazing etc etc. No kidding. I know. Tommy John. Well he was back with the Dodgers for an inninng before the trade deadline. He has 50 innings MLB experience. He's not a AAA pitcher. He's a 5 starter right now, or at the very least May/June. Start him in the pen for now.  Funny he's this big revelation. Why no one lobbied for him or talked about him is beyond me. Lack of research is what that was. 

It's actually kind of funny. A lot of the posters here were calling Rubby D and Webster farm scraps at the time of the trade, and claiming the trade was a straight salary dump. I said otherwise at the time but I was definitely in the minority. Of course I actually was talking about Linares in my post. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The boxscore at MLB.com says that through eight innings the Red Sox pitchers have thrown 41 pitches, 36 for strikes. Five of the seven pitchers threw nothing but strikes.

Is that correct?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2013_02_24_bosmlb_slnmlb_1

No.  I noticed this last year.  They don't keep track of the pitches correctly in spring games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Yep. Linares is good. But where does he fit? If Iggy can hit, he plays right? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i don't think Iggy and Linares have any bearing on each other..... Seeing as one plays the IF and the other plays the OF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i don't think Iggy and Linares have any bearing on each other..... Seeing as one plays the IF and the other plays the OF

Dammit. Why I dislike posting from my ipad. Keep. Autocorrecting horrible. He was somehow turned into Iggy. Sigh. He's 28, clock is ticking. If he can hit, he could play. Maybe Nava and him as back up OF? Or Nava carried as platoon 1B/OF? Haven't looked that deep yet myself I'm looking at the rotation/bullpen for now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

The reason De LaRosa will not be in the Starting Rotation has to do with the Sox restricting his innings pitched, not with his talent.  But he is one of the reasons I think that Doubront is expendable, especially if the Sox could land Lohse on a one-year, incentive laden contract.  De LaRosa, Webster, and Barnes are all higher on my list than Doubront going into 2014 and beyond.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The reason De LaRosa will not be in the Starting Rotation has to do with the Sox restricting his innings pitched, not with his talent.  But he is one of the reasons I think that Doubront is expendable, especially if the Sox could land Lohse on a one-year, incentive laden contract.  De LaRosa, Webster, and Barnes are all higher on my list than Doubront going into 2014 and beyond.

if your going to sign a guy and lose a draft pick them might as well lock him up multi year... no sense in giving up a pick for a one year rental...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

if your going to sign a guy and lose a draft pick them might as well lock him up multi year... no sense in giving up a pick for a one year rental...

I agree mef

I guess the other side of it is

U sign him for 1 yr w/hopes of getting that draft pick back next yr by letting him go

but I wouldn't  count on  Lohse  turning down another  qual offer again next yr

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Bailey picked right up where he left off last year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Bailey picked right up where he left off last year.

Why does your forum ego and previous stances get in the way of you being a fan? Is it more important for you to see Bailey fail than not? Yes, you painted yourself into a corner but why not give it a rest? Why not temper your opinion by saying " I hope that I am wrong but ---?  Do you really hope that Bailey completely fails? Why would a Sox fan feel that way? Easy answer is that - You are not a Red Sox fan. Right?

Hey doooooooooshbag -  I said in another thread yesterday that I am rooting for Bailey. 

So stop crying.

the guy stunk the joint out today. 

If you want to you can put on your red sox underoos and say "gee willikers! I sure hope Bailey wins the cy young award this year because, gosh - he's a swell guy!  I think he is really neato and I don't care if he gives up 100 runs in an inning - he still is the best of bestest best!"

The rest of us - grown ups that is - are going to point out that he has been a disaster and his first outing today is a disappointment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There is no rush to get rid of Doubront, is there? I would give him at least one more year to show us what he has. After all, this is a rebuilding year and we lose nothing by not jettisoning any of our pitchers. I would keep him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Doubront is a pretty good arm - I would think the Sox will hold on to that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

He wasn't a disaster last year. He was not playing and when he finally played he was in a pseudo- spring -training. You have been told this at least 1000 times but yet is doesn't sink in. How can you evaluate that trade when one player was on the DL due to a freak injury. Sounds like you are trolling . Why the forum regulars can see that you are trolling is beyond me. You are also negative on everything RedSox. Typocal troll. However Rojas and Burrito would be proud of you. 

If you look at his numbers from 2012 and compare them to 2011 you you see that in terms of appearances and inning pitched - Bailey in 2012 reached about 45% of his 2011 totals.

So, while it is common for Sox fans to say "he was hurt all year" - it simply isn't true.

Maybe you stopped watching after the all star break - I don't know.

45% is not a small sample size.  If you would actually stop and look into facts it would help you see that there is a problem. 

It would be great if Bailey ends up being an all star.  He stunk the joint out today.  Absolutely horrible. 

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts