RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

RedSox---69&93

Ellsbury  CF

Pedroia  2B

Nava  LF

Ross  RF

Loney  1B

Salty  C

Lavarnway  DH

Ciriaco  3B

Iglesias  SS

Dice K  RHP  1-6  ERA 7.68

Yankees  94&67

Jeter  SS

Suzuki  LF

Rodriguez  3B

Cano  2B

Swisher  RF

Teixeira  1B

Granderson  CF

Ibanez  LF

Martin  C

Kuroda  RHP  15-11  ERA 3.34

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

Long tough road for Dice-K.  We enjoyed you pitching a monster season in 2008.  Thank you for your effort and good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Peter Abraham Has The Lineup Muffed Up,  I Will Edit It Soon....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

mercifully.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

mercifully.....

a Murphy's Law season.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Stat of the Day: The Sox have lost seven straight. They have not lost eight straight since the 2001 season. They have lost 11 of 12, 21 of 28 and 41 of 57.

Notes: Mercifully, this is it. The last-place Sox end their wretched season with a chance to make things difficult for the Yankees. New York has a one-game lead on the Orioles in the division. If the teams tie, they would play on Thursday in Baltimore to determine the division. The loser would be the wild card and play again on Friday in a one-game playoff series. ... Matsuzaka is facing the Yankees for the first time since Oct. 2, 2010. Matsuzaka is 1-7 with a 7.68 earned run average in 10 starts and hasn’t pitched since Sept. 19 because of a series of poor performances. He is 1-5, 10.55 in the last six starts. ... Kuroda is 1-0, 3.86 in four starts against the Red Sox this season. ... The Yankees are 12-5 against the Sox this season, outscoring them, 102-68. ... The Sox are 25 games under .500 for the first time since the end of the 1966 season when they finished 27 games out.

Song of the Day: "My Funny Valentine" by Frank Sinatra...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Huge game for the Yanks tonight....If they can beat Dice-K, then they will have avoided the divisional collapse by the skin of their teeth...For me, winning the division and barely getting the best record in the AL would just about suffice, since my expectations of the Yanks beating either the O's or the A's are VERY limited....Although the Yanks have played adequately down the stretch, the O's and A's both come in as stronger contenders in  my book....If the current score from Oakland holds up (Rangers lead 5-1 in the third), the Rangers will have gotten a much needed momentum shot in the arm..Assuming the Yanks do win tonight and get the #1 seed in the AL, I would pick the Rangers over the Bengals, even with Verlander going against Darvish in the opener (pretty nice matchup).  I think the A's will beat the O's and  then beat the Yanks in 5 games...That would give you another A's- Rangers matchup....Again, if the Oakland-Rangers score stands, I like the Rangers to finally turn the A's playoff coach into a pumpkin...Now if the A's come back from a 4 run deficit against Dempster this  afternoon, they might just run the table...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

Huge game for the Yanks tonight....If they can beat Dice-K, then they will have avoided the divisional collapse by the skin of their teeth...For me, winning the division and barely getting the best record in the AL would just about suffice, since my expectations of the Yanks beating either the O's or the A's are VERY limited....Although the Yanks have played adequately down the stretch, the O's and A's both come in as stronger contenders in  my book....If the current score from Oakland holds up (Rangers lead 5-1 in the third), the Rangers will have gotten a much needed momentum shot in the arm..Assuming the Yanks do win tonight and get the #1 seed in the AL, I would pick the Rangers over the Bengals, even with Verlander going against Darvish in the opener (pretty nice matchup).  I think the A's will beat the O's and  then beat the Yanks in 5 games...That would give you another A's- Rangers matchup....Again, if the Oakland-Rangers score stands, I like the Rangers to finally turn the A's playoff coach into a pumpkin...Now if the A's come back from a 4 run deficit against Dempster this  afternoon, they might just run the table...

The reverse psychology is working so far .  Might as well stick with it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

in ALW news, Rangers lead A's 5-2 in the 4th inning..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The A's are mounting a comeback...Now trailing 5-3 in the 4th with fisrt and second and no outs...So much for this game being over...And Washington is yanking Dempster for Holland....Very interesting...Great playoff baseball on a Wednesday afternoon...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Crisp doubles with the ball barely catching the foul line in RF...All tied up 5-5...Like I said earlier, if the A's come back and win this game, they might just go all the way...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Josh Hamilton with a huge error on a fairly routine pop fly...a's now up 7-5...Whells coming off the Rangers playoff wagon...So much for my earlier prediction based on the rangers winning this game....Maybe I should just wait until the 7th game of the WS is over, and then make some bold and risky predictions on the 2012 MLB playoffs...Great game in Oakland...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Wow, Oakland is now on top 8-5 in the 7th inning. 

Moneyball Part II. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

A brutal loss for the Rangers...Up 5-1 and about to lose 12-5...Darvish could easily get beat in a WC game against the O's...Or the Yaanks if that happens...But the A's....Assuming the Yanks win tonight, I would not want to be in the Bengal boots right now....The A's could ride this momentum over Verlander, Cabrera and company with their deep pitching and timely hitting...definitely the favorites to go to the WS at this point....The Rangers, on the other hand, are a somewhat wounded team going into the postseason with reverse momentum...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

If the Yanks fall in another hole early in this one, they might not crawl out like last night...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Already 1-0 Red Sox....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

A brutal loss for the Rangers...Up 5-1 and about to lose 12-5...Darvish could easily get beat in a WC game against the O's...Or the Yaanks if that happens...But the A's....Assuming the Yanks win tonight, I would not want to be in the Bengal boots right now....The A's could ride this momentum over Verlander, Cabrera and company with their deep pitching and timely hitting...definitely the favorites to go to the WS at this point....The Rangers, on the other hand, are a somewhat wounded team going into the postseason with reverse momentum...

I'm a Sox fan 1st but living in SF i'm a local fan too, A's & Giants(49ers too) and the A's remind me of our 2004 Sox.  The A's were down 5 games with 9 to go & for first time in history came back to win division. I do not consider this tantamount to Sox 0-3 comeback to beat Yankees & then go undefeated in the Series but it's still remarkable.

Nice to see former Sox alumni, Reddick, Crisp, Moss & Kottarus all do well & I'd liked them in our Sox lineup this year---Oh well, Monday morning QB I know. And Bailey whom we got for Reddick(32HRs) and gave up the 2 run homer last night for Yanks to tie the game in the 9th is mediocre. We really couldn't tell until the end of the year how bad he was because he was injured and then there were very few times we were ahead for him to protect the lead.

Need the A's to beat the Yankees in Div playoffs. A's pitching & relievers much better but Yankees, not the murderers' row of Babe Ruth & Lou Gherig but still a powerhouse lineup and I can't think of a better starting nine today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Dice-K will pitch the game of the year and the Red Sox will get their revenge...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

RedSox---69&93

Ellsbury  CF

Pedroia  2B

Nava  LF

Ross  RF

Loney  1B

Salty  C

Lavarnway  DH

Ciriaco  3B

Iglesias  SS

Dice K  RHP  1-6  ERA 7.68

Yankees  94&67

Jeter  SS

Suzuki  LF

Rodriguez  3B

Cano  2B

Swisher  RF

Teixeira  1B

Granderson  CF

Ibanez  LF

Martin  C

Kuroda  RHP  15-11  ERA 3.34

Well I think it is appropriate that the appear to be ending with 69 wins.... because they surely ATE something......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

So much for the game of the year....Granderson hits a 3 run homer...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Oh well!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

DiceK flat out stinks.   $ 100,000,000.00  for this stiff.  What a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

With this last game this season it's like finally having  a splinter removed or an annoying speck taken out of your eye and then saying "whew", thank God it's over.

And momentarily, although I have no confidence anyone else is better I am that despondent with all our pitching staff, that we'll be saying "sayonara" to Dice-K tonight & forever in a Sox uniform !!!

Sections
Shortcuts