RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You were right last night exam when you said the Sox could have gotten some revenge....If they had won, it might not be 3-0 in Tampa tonight... Still, the way that Rangers-A's game turned around tonight, nothing is sure in baseball...The Red Sox could rally, just like the O's..Still early in both games...In any event, no matter what happens tonight, the A's are the hottest team, and probably the team to beat, even if Vegas sees it differently...

[/QUOTE]

Its moot now. Nice of you, but like ive said before, I'll never completely buy your generosity and good sportsmanship act Tielhard. I buy it some, but not totally.

[/QUOTE]

A good rule of thumb is : Don't buy anything that Teilhard is selling. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

That second Cano bomb might just give the Yanks the AL East and the home field/#1 seed throughout the AL playoffs....Huge turnaround for the Yanks...A's are still the team to beat but you cannot count out the Yanks... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A's and Nationals would make a great series!

[/QUOTE]

Heresy. Reds and anyone from the AL. 

[/QUOTE]

could very well be exam. just wanted to stop in before the debate starts to thank you, gale, joel and all the other sox fans, enjoyed sharing the game threads. didnt go as we hoped but will get better. good luck the rest of the way with the reds and whoever play the Yankees. I'll be on and off during the offseason. Have a safe winter and hope your Dad continues his good health

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exam , What is the tiebreaker if the Reds and Nats tie for the best record ?  It could mean home field in the NLCS.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I was going to say Bobby V...Give Mortensen a break.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm OK with the Reds too...just want to see the A's there.

[/QUOTE]

The Reds probably have the best pitching staff in all of baseball, but I have doubts about them for the simple reason that besides Joey Votto, none of them have actually made contact with a baseball in 4+ weeks. I think that's an MLB record? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk about admiring your HR

[/QUOTE]

bob gibson would take that smirk off of canoe's goofy face.

[/QUOTE]

thats why I cant stand him. always has that cocky smirk on his face. a friend at work is a hugh NYY fan. He agreed, but said its because he's dominican...i said well, jeter is from Michigan;) 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

This should be sooooooooooooo embarrassing to The Red Sox front office, BUT I'M SURE THAT IT'S NOT! What a joke! Dice K SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

NP, exam...I hardly claim to be a saint...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

there's no word to describe how putrid the SOX are at this point.

there's also no word to describe how putrid ken simpleton is as a baseball announcer.

so PUTRID will have to suffice.

[/QUOTE]

their a AAAA team at this point yaz, cant be too hard on them. they played hard to the end even with this disgusting season and as I fan, thats all I ask. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm OK with the Reds too...just want to see the A's there.

[/QUOTE]

The Reds probably have the best pitching staff in all of baseball, but I have doubts about them for the simple reason that besides Joey Votto, none of them have actually made contact with a baseball in 4+ weeks. I think that's an MLB record? 

[/QUOTE]

Might be a NL record but I would have to look at the Sox before I agree.  lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exam , What is the tiebreaker if the Reds and Nats tie for the best record ?  It could mean home field in the NLCS.

[/QUOTE]

Nats already cinched that today with their 98th win. Reds could win 98th tonight, but Nats won the season series. They played the Reds early in the year when the Reds were still coming together and trying to figure things out. I dont mind being 2nd because they know who they are playing two days sooner, and can get out to SF tonight and acclimate etc. I will be thrilled if they can just win one out there, but Cain and Bumgarner scare me. Reds will be throwing Cueto and your old freind Bronson.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats why I cant stand him. always has that cocky smirk on his face. a friend at work is a hugh NYY fan. He agreed, but said its because he's dominican...i said well, jeter is from Michigan;) 

[/QUOTE]

yeah, not to many rocket scientists come from DR.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, same guy. when it was rumored cano tested positive for peds. he said oh i doubt it, he still lives with his parents.! WHAT?? talk about stupid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yankees probably faced tougher pitching from their own during batting practice. Kinda glad O'd losing tonight as I'd felt real bad had they been 1 game behind a tie for 1st due to our blown 3-1 lead last night in the 9th.

Seems the Rays...out of it before the O's series still represented themselves as quality baseball players not rolling over to give Yankees an edge.  I want to end by saying I don't feel we didn't try but it's just we didn't have the talent...sort of like a major league team playing a college team.

Go A's & Giants !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nats already cinched that today with their 98th win. Reds could win 98th tonight, but Nats won the season series. They played the Reds early in the year when the Reds were still coming together and trying to figure things out. I dont mind being 2nd because they know who they are playing two days sooner, and can get out to SF tonight and acclimate etc. I will be thrilled if they can just win one out there, but Cain and Bumgarner scare me. Reds will be throwing Cueto and your old freind Bronson.

[/QUOTE]

Always loved the kid, exam. one of the reasons I'd like to see the Reds win. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Pedey and Ells have both played hard these past 2 games...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  Just so hard to believe how far the Sox have fallen this year!  Never entered my mind in April that the team would look like this in October.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, not to many rocket scientists come from DR.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, same guy. when it was rumored cano tested positive for peds. he said oh i doubt it, he still lives with his parents.! WHAT?? talk about stupid

[/QUOTE]

Right. We all know that no one who lives with his parents takes PEDs.  Especially in the Dominican Republic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

there's no word to describe how putrid the SOX are at this point.

there's also no word to describe how putrid ken simpleton is as a baseball announcer.

so PUTRID will have to suffice.

[/QUOTE]

their a AAAA team at this point yaz, cant be too hard on them. they played hard to the end even with this disgusting season and as I fan, thats all I ask. 

[/QUOTE]

i think you gave them one A too many. but i'll accept that as an excuse.

however, what's simpleton's excuse, other than the fact that he's a complete droll.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think Singleton is better than Kay, but you could say that just about anyone...or anyone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

My fellow Red Sox fans, Can we officially put behind us the Matsusaka Era? Two okay years and a lot of bases on balls, high pitch counts, and a lot of garbage from 2009 to 2012 and overall a bust for 100 million dollars. Don't let the door hit younin the rear end on the way out. There is another 10 million dollars saved for next year. 

Its going to take a long time before the stink of these last two seasons leaves this team. Work hard Young Ben in the off season and make good deals instead of the garbage ones you have made over this season !   Your job could depend on it.