RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: RedSox @ Yankees Final Game Thread Of The Season #162...

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Talk about admiring your HR

[/QUOTE]

bob gibson would take that smirk off of canoe's goofy face.

[/QUOTE]

thats why I cant stand him. always has that cocky smirk on his face. a friend at work is a hugh NYY fan. He agreed, but said its because he's dominican...i said well, jeter is from Michigan;) 

[/QUOTE]

yeah, not to many rocket scientists come from DR.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, same guy. when it was rumored cano tested positive for peds. he said oh i doubt it, he still lives with his parents.! WHAT?? talk about stupid

[/QUOTE]

Right. We all know that no one who lives with his parents takes PEDs.  Especially in the Dominican Republic.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, Gale. WTH does that have to do with it?? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A's and Nationals would make a great series!

[/QUOTE]

Heresy. Reds and anyone from the AL. 

[/QUOTE]

Exam , What is the tiebreaker if the Reds and Nats tie for the best record ?  It could mean home field in the NLCS.

[/QUOTE]

Nats already cinched that today with their 98th win. Reds could win 98th tonight, but Nats won the season series. They played the Reds early in the year when the Reds were still coming together and trying to figure things out. I dont mind being 2nd because they know who they are playing two days sooner, and can get out to SF tonight and acclimate etc. I will be thrilled if they can just win one out there, but Cain and Bumgarner scare me. Reds will be throwing Cueto and your old freind Bronson.

[/QUOTE]

Always loved the kid, exam. one of the reasons I'd like to see the Reds win. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that since 2006, as of a couple weeks ago anyway, no pitcher in the NL has more wins than Arroyo. I had no idea he had been that good til i saw that stat on FSNOH. I think he still has the lead, but one of those Philly guys was close to him. But youre right, great guy, id like to see him with another ring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Talk about admiring your HR

[/QUOTE]

bob gibson would take that smirk off of canoe's goofy face.

[/QUOTE]

thats why I cant stand him. always has that cocky smirk on his face. a friend at work is a hugh NYY fan. He agreed, but said its because he's dominican...i said well, jeter is from Michigan;) 

[/QUOTE]

yeah, not to many rocket scientists come from DR.

[/QUOTE]

Better yet, same guy. when it was rumored cano tested positive for peds. he said oh i doubt it, he still lives with his parents.! WHAT?? talk about stupid

[/QUOTE]

Right. We all know that no one who lives with his parents takes PEDs.  Especially in the Dominican Republic.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, Gale. WTH does that have to do with it?? 

[/QUOTE]

Cant wait til that hits the fan, but no way MLB would ever drop that on a NYY player headed into the PS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exam , What is the tiebreaker if the Reds and Nats tie for the best record ?  It could mean home field in the NLCS.

[/QUOTE]

Nats already cinched that today with their 98th win. Reds could win 98th tonight, but Nats won the season series. They played the Reds early in the year when the Reds were still coming together and trying to figure things out. I dont mind being 2nd because they know who they are playing two days sooner, and can get out to SF tonight and acclimate etc. I will be thrilled if they can just win one out there, but Cain and Bumgarner scare me. Reds will be throwing Cueto and your old freind Bronson.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that since 2006, as of a couple weeks ago anyway, no pitcher in the NL has more wins than Arroyo. I had no idea he had been that good til i saw that stat on FSNOH. I think he still has the lead, but one of those Philly guys was close to him. But youre right, great guy, id like to see him with another ring. 

[/QUOTE]

He handled himself with class when he was traded. never threw the sox or epstein under the bus and continued to do the charity concert every year in Boston with Theo. Good kid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He handled himself with class when he was traded. never threw the sox or epstein under the bus and continued to do the charity concert every year in Boston with Theo. Good kid

[/QUOTE]

He joked last week about how hings had changed. Cincinnatti was on top, and Boston on bottom now. I think that was a little shot across the bow, but it was good natured. I do have his cd. Its not exactly my musical style, but good for what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay. Thanks.  I didn't know who won the head to head games.  So the Reds game tonight is meaningless.  The Nats will play the Cards vs Braves winner. They changed the rule that you can't play the team from your division in the LDS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I see Longoria is beating the O's in TB all by himself.  TB would be lights out if they ever spent any money to put some hitters in that lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

//////

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

I see Longoria is beating the O's in TB all by himself.  TB would be lights out if they ever spent any money to put some hitters in that lineup.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, a Baltimore win tonight, would just make last nights loss worse, at this point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay. Thanks.  I didn't know who won the head to head games.  So the Reds game tonight is meaningless.  The Nats will play the Cards vs Braves winner. They changed the rule that you can't play the team from your division in the LDS.

[/QUOTE]

Right, and other than Homer Bailey, they are playing like it. No hits through 4 against a AAA Cardinal lineup and pitchers. Matt Cain awaits Saturday. And they also fouled everything up IMO by making the top seeds go on the road. Dumb. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, a Balt win tonight would just make last night loss worse, at this point. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree there, that would have really hurt.  Longoria has 3 HRs so far tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, and other than Homer Bailey, they are playing like it. No hits through 4 against a AAA Cardinal lineup and pitchers. Matt Cain awaits Saturday. And they also fouled everything up IMO by making the top seeds go on the road. Dumb. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The only way home field advantage comes into play is if there is a game 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Game is lost...at least knock him down this time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Meant to say they should have knocked him down. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you can hit edit and change or add to your post, traven. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so edit is back. I see that now, missed it all night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Ok....Here goes my end of the season playoff predictions....

American League

Rangers over Orioles in the WC game...

Yankees over Rangers

A's over Tigers

ALCS......A's over Yankees

National League

Braves over Cards in the WC game...

Reds over Giants

Nationals over Braves

NLCS....Nationals over Reds

World Series

A's over Nationals 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so edit is back. I see that now, missed it all night.

[/QUOTE]

I missed it too...thanks for pointing that out.  Maybe the board will get better...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The Red Sox are a lot like a horse with a broken leg....but your forced to watch the Red Sox suffer, at least the horse gets put out of its misery with a bullet....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Red Sox are a lot like a horse with a broken leg....but your forced to watch the Red Sox suffer, at least the horse gets put out of its misery with a bullet....

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of nuts out there, dont tempt fate by saying that at any more than a whisper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Well I wished redsox could have taken care of Yankees this series, but figures they will go out the Losers they were all season, i love the redsox and have all my life as far as I can remember but this year was awful, stupid, ridiculous, and I live near baltimore now and it was nice to see the Orioles make a run for the division, and Its sad to see they didnt and the Shtty yankees made it again, oh well Grats to the orioles for making the WC, f the yankees hope they out first round

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This has been a very painful year for us Red Sox fans. 

It will be a very busy offseason for the Red Sox. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Posednik running into the wall to make a great play, down 14-2...What class...Sox might want to hold onto him...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has been a very painful year for us Red Sox fans. 

It will be a very busy offseason for the Red Sox. 

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope the off season is a busy one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The Yanks earned this celebration... A flawed team, but they fought hard...And they actually never left first place even though they blew the 10 game lead they had on July 19th...

Sections
Shortcuts