RedSox @ Yankees, Game Thread, #160...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: RedSox @ Yankees, Game Thread, #160...

The Rangers starting rotation the last two years has been less than stellar.  Good enough to get them to the Series both years, with a strong bullpen and a loaded offence. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The playoffs are a crapshoot.  I would rate the Rangers as a slight favorite in the AL with the Yankees right behind them.

I agree with you.  I also have the Rangers as the favorite.

But I predict a Rangers vs. A's in this year's ALCS. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Terrible last start for Buch. Not much else to say. Enjoy the rest of your night, Sox fans. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Terrible last start for Buch. Not much else to say. Enjoy the rest of your night, Sox fans. 

For those of you living in northern CT and MA, at least you saw the game on NESN. 

I had to see it on the YES network.  Michael Kay is such a *^%$-head. 

Michael Kay is more annoying than Brittney Spears or Linsey Lohan. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

With Pettitte back and apparently healthy, the Yanks front 3 of Sabathia, Kuroda, and Pettitte stacks up pretty well against any other playoff team's front 3. 

We'll see, bob. Pettite has faced weak lineups since coming back. didn't look good against Toronto did he??

Oh, here it is ! What took you so long !!

BTW don, a good friend of mine is a NYY fan and he's not only nervous about the NYY pitching, but petitte. but then again hes a realistic  nyy fan

Tell him I said things will be just fine....

after blowing a 10 game div lead??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

That Red Sox fan made a nice catch (Martin's homer).  Maybe he should play OF for the Red Sox.

I live in White Plains, NY so I have no choice but to listen to Michael Kay's annoying voice. 

Brutal.  Bad enough to have to see this, but to listen to Kay is even worse.

LOL tho, they wasted Sabathia in this one. 

You're groping; this was his turn, and these are important games. Sabathia shall be well rested come playoff time. And, agreed, this team has many flaws; however if this outfit was the '27 Yankees, you would still pick them to lose in the PS. 

Really??? Be fair steven. 

Ditto

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

That Red Sox fan made a nice catch (Martin's homer).  Maybe he should play OF for the Red Sox.

I live in White Plains, NY so I have no choice but to listen to Michael Kay's annoying voice. 

You're groping; this was his turn, and these are important games. Sabathia shall be well rested come playoff time. And, agreed, this team has many flaws; however if this outfit was the '27 Yankees, you would still pick them to lose in the PS. 

Really??? Be fair steven. 

Ditto

did you see the rest of my post??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Really??? Be fair, steven. I just said I could see them win in '09 before the end of the season and I picked them to go all the way. Dont see it this year. sorry if you dont like it 

here it is, you must have missed it. what wasnt fair about my post saying too bad CC was wasted in a blow out in the second inning?? it was more a slam against the sox than CC, no? you're so quick to pounce, you misinterpret posts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Really??? Be fair, steven. I just said I could see them win in '09 before the end of the season and I picked them to go all the way. Dont see it this year. sorry if you dont like it 

I don't recall that,. but if you did say that in '09, I'll take your word for it. It's a long shot for aznyone to go all the way, so soundling like a broken record about them not making it is like insisting that if I flip a cpin 4 x it won't come up heads all 4x.

Having said that; the problems with the NYY IMO is not their pitching for the most part. It's their chronic inability to play small ball and not hit with RISP. To wit; they are the only MLB team (that includes Hou) to not have a win when trailing after 8. The reason is not complicated; when trailing after 8, you're likely facing the other team's closer. The NYY are as a general rule mistake hitters, who when they face good pitching melt. Since the PS you usually face good P, I would say it doesn't look good for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I don't recall that,. but if you did say that in '09, I'll take your word for it. It's a long shot for aznyone to go all the way, so soundling like a broken record about them not making it is like insisting that if I flip a cpin 4 x it won't come up heads all 4x.

Having said that; the problems with the NYY IMO is not their pitching for the most part. It's their chronic inability to play small ball and not hit with RISP. To wit; they are the only MLB team (that includes Hou) to not have a win when trailing after 8. The reason is not complicated; when trailing after 8, you're likely facing the other team's closer. The NYY are as a general rule mistake hitters, who when they face good pitching melt. Since the PS you usually face good P, I would say it doesn't look good for them.

I'm sure you dont steven nor would I expect you too. I said it a few post before this one. How am I broken record?? I just said it to gale BTW in the game thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

here it is, you must have missed it. what wasnt fair about my post saying too bad CC was wasted in a blow out in the second inning?? it was more a slam against the sox than CC, no? you're so quick to pounce, you misinterpret posts. 

I don't agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I said I saw the nyy going all the way in 09, a few post before this one. I think its the pitching and your offense. I dont see it, I may be wrong but but I hope I'm not. It will make a disgusting sox season that much worse. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm sure you dont steven nor would I expect you too. I said it a few post before this one. How am I broken record?? I just said it to gale BTW in the game thread. 

You've been talking this way for months, no? (As U would say)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

not that I recall, no. but what if I did? why cant I give my opinion on it, because NYY posters are here ?? Haven't been posting much, except here  on the SOX GAMETHREAD and not much at that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tigers win.  White Sox are finished. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

not that I recall, no. but what if I did? why cant I give my opinion on it because NYY posters are here ?? havent been posting much except here  on the SOX GAMETHREAD

That's a Kim alibi; in that case, I say my broken record metaphor is not that far fetched. And yes, you're entitled to your opinion; but so are others.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I said I saw the nyy going all the way in 09, a few post before this one. I think its the pitching and your offense. I dont see it, I may be wrong but but I hope I'm not. It will make a disgusting sox season that much worse. 

They arent going anywhere J, relax, youre exactly right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

not that I recall, no. but what if I did? why cant I give my opinion on it because NYY posters are here ?? havent been posting much except here  on the SOX GAMETHREAD

That's a Kim alibi; in that case, I say my broken record metaphor is not that far fetched. And yes, you're entitled to your opinion; but so are others.

???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

This game is over. Time to turn off the TV. The Red Flops are one of the worst teams I have ever seen.

they're fielding a AAA team, pumpsie. 2 players from the opening roster. At least be fair. is "red flops" what JB is referring to?? Enjoy the rest of your night. 

Clay isn't your "AAA" guy. He's the starter you'll RE-BUILD AROUND!!! Hope you enjoy the cellar with Toronto.... And thanks for taking all the fun out of the last 3 games of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to kirbyrob's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

This game is over. Time to turn off the TV. The Red Flops are one of the worst teams I have ever seen.

they're fielding a AAA team, pumpsie. 2 players from the opening roster. At least be fair. is "red flops" what JB is referring to?? Enjoy the rest of your night. 

Clay isn't your "AAA" guy. He's the starter you'll RE-BUILD AROUND!!! Hope you enjoy the cellar with Toronto.... And thanks for taking all the fun out of the last 3 games of the season.

Except we were talking about pumpsies reference to the team in general, as a whole, not this game. 

How did the Sox take the fun out of the last three games? The NYY blew a 10 game lead, are tied for the ALE with three to go, and the highest payroll in MLB is facing a AAA team? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

For those of you living in northern CT and MA, at least you saw the game on NESN. 

I had to see it on the YES network.  Michael Kay is such a *^%$-head. 

Michael Kay is more annoying than Brittney Spears or Linsey Lohan. 

I always enjoy watching the games on NESN.  No matter how bad the Red Sox are playing, Jerry and Don always try to add some humor to the broadcast.  It definitely makes the games a lot easier to watch. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from testboston11. Show testboston11's posts

test

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from testboston11. Show testboston11's posts

test

Sections
Shortcuts