RedSox @ Yankees, Game Thread, #160...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: RedSox @ Yankees, Game Thread, #160...

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

We have to be realistic and face the facts , no matter how painful.  This Yankees team is loaded from top to bottom.  Who is going to stop them in the post season ?   I think they will be favored to go all the way. 

Really, gale? I don't see it, at all. They don't have the pitching. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

We have to be realistic and face the facts , no matter how painful.  This Yankees team is loaded from top to bottom.  Who is going to stop them in the post season ?   I think they will be favored to go all the way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think the Rangers can beat the Yankees in the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

sorry everyone. not sure whats going on. logged off and back on. very slow and double posting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

What is worse, the O's are now behind. Its going to be up to them; they are going to have to find a way to sweep the Rays or the Yankees will take the ALE.

After the Bankees are eliminated this year baseball season is over.

Okay, I am willing to admit, your hatred of the Yankees is a redeeming characteristic.  For all the rest of the crap, very few people are as consistent with their hatred of the Yankees.  Kudos for that at least.

Thank you for being civil. Of course I hate the Yankees. Its in my blood. Sad that all that is left, really, is hoping for the worst for them. There is a huge job ahead of Cherington.

And JBay, this team is going to be one of the 8th or 9th worst teams in baseball this year. I don't know how you  can say they are anything but bad. There are extenuating circumstances, but as a team, they really are bad. They are playing like a team that just wants to go home, and I get that. I was hoping for more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Really, gale? I don't see it, at all. They don't have the pitching. Haven't had much offense lately either, tonight withstanding. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What is worse, the O's are now behind. Its going to be up to them; they are going to have to find a way to sweep the Rays or the Yankees will take the ALE.

Okay, I am willing to admit, your hatred of the Yankees is a redeeming characteristic.  For all the rest of the crap, very few people are as consistent with their hatred of the Yankees.  Kudos for that at least.

Thank you for being civil. Of course I hate the Yankees. Its in my blood. Sad that all that is left, really, is hoping for the worst for them. There is a huge job ahead of Cherington.

And JBay, this team is going to be one of the 8th or 9th worst teams in baseball this year. I don't know how you  can say they are anything but bad. There are extenuating circumstances, but as a team, they really are bad. They are playing like a team that just wants to go home, and I get that. I was hoping for more.

To JB and pumpsie: I think this season has brought out the worst in Sox fans, after witnessing the best decade in Sox history. You both aired your grievances. Let it go and move on, for all concerned. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I haven't seen any team in the AL with great pitching this year.  Texas has issues and depends on hitting like the Yanks, Baltimore is hitting dependent but does have some pitching, especially the BP, Detroit has Verlander and a huge drop off from him, Oakland if they make it will have the best pitching.  Not sure who will win...just the hottest team I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

did I say they werent??  the circumstances dictate it pumpsie and think it should be considered. 

This site is acting up again. OK...then the team stinks BECAUSE they have bad pitching and because of all the injuries. The bottom line is that as a team they are not very good. They have a few good players, but not nearly enough

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to traven's comment:

I haven't seen any team in the AL with great pitching this year.  Texas has issues and depends on hitting like the Yanks, Baltimore is hitting dependent but does have some pitching, especially the BP, Detroit has Verlander and a huge drop off from him, Oakland if they make it will have the best pitching.  Not sure who will win...just the hottest team I guess.

agree traven, but the Rangers offense is second to none. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

did I say they werent??  the circumstances dictate it pumpsie and think it should be considered. 

This site is acting up again. OK...then the team stinks BECAUSE they have bad pitching and because of all the injuries. The bottom line is that as a team they are not very good. They have a few good players, but not nearly enough

First time I've had issues posting. More than a few. A few good arms and bats, health and we'll be right back in the thick of the AL Beast. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That is how I honestly see it.  Their pitching is not great , but good enough , given  how they hit the long ball.  I think it is wishful thinking to believe that Detroit or Texas can beat them. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

That is how I honestly see it.  Their pitching is not great , but good enough , given  how they hit the long ball.  I think it is wishful thinking to believe that Detroit or Texas can beat them. 

I think both can beat them, especially the Rangers. They haven't had much offense lately, tonight withstanding. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

O's and rays tied at 1 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think both can beat them, especially the Rangers. They haven't had much offense lately, tonight withstanding. 

We'll see.  Remember , I said way back when , what a huge addition Ichiro was. Everybody said , " no , Ichiro is washed up."   But he has been a huge addition , and I expect him to come up big in the post season too.   Buchholz has been pitching very well , but they absolutely destroyed him tonight.  They are going to be tough to beat.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Rays up 4-1...Buck left Chen in one batter too long...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

O's and rays tied at 1 

4-1 rays

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Let's not kid ourselves, the Yankees absolutely have a decent shot at getting to the Series this year.  They're reasonably healthy and on their game lately.  I'd like to see them run into the Orioles or the A's, those are the teams that have some really good mojo going. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

We'll see.  Remember , I said way back when , what a huge addition Ichiro was. Everybody said , " no , Ichiro is washed up."   But he has been a huge addition , and I expect him to come up big in the post season too.   Buchholz has been pitching very well , but they absolutely destroyed him tonight.  They are going to be tough to beat.

No worries, gale. I could see them winning in '09, long before the end of the season. Dont see them getting out if the first round this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

That Red Sox fan made a nice catch (Martin's homer).  Maybe he should play OF for the Red Sox.

I live in White Plains, NY so I have no choice but to listen to Michael Kay's annoying voice. 

Brutal.  Bad enough to have to see this, but to listen to Kay is even worse.

LOL tho, they wasted Sabathia in this one. 

You're groping; this was his turn, and these are important games. Sabathia shall be well rested come playoff time. And, agreed, this team has many flaws; however if this outfit was the '27 Yankees, you would still pick them to lose in the PS. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I just want to see Padilla hit Texiera. Only reason I keep switching back from the MNF game- to see if he's in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

That Red Sox fan made a nice catch (Martin's homer).  Maybe he should play OF for the Red Sox.

I live in White Plains, NY so I have no choice but to listen to Michael Kay's annoying voice. 

Brutal.  Bad enough to have to see this, but to listen to Kay is even worse.

LOL tho, they wasted Sabathia in this one. 

You're groping; this was his turn, and these are important games. Sabathia shall be well rested come playoff time. And, agreed, this team has many flaws; however if this outfit was the '27 Yankees, you would still pick them to lose in the PS. 

Really??? Be fair steven. 

Sections
Shortcuts