RedSox Have DEEP Pockets, As Do The CUBS....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

RedSox Have DEEP Pockets, As Do The CUBS....

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

Add Who You All Like......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: RedSox Have DEEP Pockets, As Do The CUBS....

They may have.....  However, the days of spending like "DRUNKEN SAILORS"  on free agents are over !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

I like Kyle Lohse, but at 34, I wouldn't give him a lot of years.

No on Swisher and No on Hamilton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it also seems that not just the Yanks, but Rangers, Dodgers and Angels have deeper pockets, and a more desireable locale than Boston.

I am pretty sure Hamels and Cain are already resigned

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it also seems that not just the Yanks, but Rangers, Dodgers and Angels have deeper pockets, and a more desireable locale than Boston.

[/QUOTE]

My Bad, Your Right....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamels and Cain are already signed so you are right on that one.  We need to resign Ross and get another RH hitting outfielder to g o with a LH hitting first baseman not named baLoney.  Then we have to  get two quality pitchers.  The fly in the ointment?  The worthless GM Cherington who moves like a snail, doesn't know talent worth a da@n, usually get taken when he does trade, and has to get permission from Il Duce Lucchino to do anything.  Sorry to sound cyncical but I have doubts our team is going to recharge themselves until this worthless bum is shown the door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

could this be the year, rather than free agency, players such as Upton, Tulo, Tim Lincecum, Brian Mcann, Ike Davis, Chase Headley, Nelson Cruz are available in trades, and the RS have the prospects and $$$ to make deals for these types of players?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamels and Cain are already signed so you are right on that one.  We need to resign Ross and get another RH hitting outfielder to g o with a LH hitting first baseman not named baLoney.  Then we have to  get two quality pitchers.  The fly in the ointment?  The who moves like a snail, doesn't know talent worthless GM Cherington not worth a da@n, usually get taken when he does trade, and has to get permission from Il Duce Lucchino to do anything.  Sorry to sound cyncical but I have doubts our team is going to recharge themselves until this worthless bum is shown the door.

[/QUOTE]

How so??  He's made one trade, that is too soon to call, due to Baileys injury. He didn't want BV and was forced to take him.  He knew enough to stand pat at the deadline, knowing the team was more than a trade away from contending. He pulled off the trade of the decade.  Farrell, who he wanted last year, is back. Apparently, Ortiz will be also.  Ross panned out.  So did Pods, Padilla and others. Regardless, how about giving the guy more than one season and wait and see what he does with the freed up payroll, before you label him worthless? To say you're cynical is being kind, fred.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

From the list, I like Anibal Sanchez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

With teams flush with television money, and the supply of top-tier free agents limited because of the proliferation of contract extensions, regarded free agents this offseason may well land contracts far above the players' worth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From the list, I like Anibal Sanchez.

[/QUOTE]

Me To, And Kyle Lohse.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With teams flush with television money, and the supply of top-tier free agents limited because of the proliferation of contract extensions, regarded free agents this offseason may well land contracts far above the players' worth.

[/QUOTE]

but worth is not what a sabermetric mind assigns to said player and his statistics, but worth is really what one team is willing to pay. If one used the dollar figure of $5mil for a replacement level player, based on $$$ available, and lack of players available, the cost of WAR is about to get a whole lot more expensive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamels and Cain are already signed so you are right on that one.  We need to resign Ross and get another RH hitting outfielder to g o with a LH hitting first baseman not named baLoney.  Then we have to  get two quality pitchers.  The fly in the ointment?  The who moves like a snail, doesn't know talent worthless GM Cherington not worth a da@n, usually get taken when he does trade, and has to get permission from Il Duce Lucchino to do anything.  Sorry to sound cyncical but I have doubts our team is going to recharge themselves until this worthless bum is shown the door.

[/QUOTE]

How so??  He's made one trade, that is too soon to call, due to Baileys injury. He didn't want BV and was forced to take him.  He knew enough to stand pat at the deadline, knowing the team was more than a trade away from contending. He pulled off the trade of the decade.  Farrell, who he wanted last year, is back. Apparently, Ortiz will be also.  Ross panned out.  So did Pods, Padilla and others. Regardless, how about giving the guy more than one season and wait and see what he does with the freed up payroll, before you label him worthless? To say you're cynical is being kind, fred.

[/QUOTE]

JBay, you forgot the Houston trade---Lowrie for Melancon?  That didn't turn out so well either, did it?  You're right though.  I am a little cyncical but Melancon, Bailey, Padilla, Carpenter (now two of them), Stewart Lillibridge, Repko, Valencia, Beato, Ohlendorf Silva and Thomas sound to me like a lot of dumpster diving.  Still, I hope you're right that Cherington gets it straight this off season better than he did last year.  We need help, and if you and others on this board are as ticked off as I am over what's happened to our team, you have to know how rotten it feels to see the Red Sox in the state they're in.  What ownership has been doing the past few years hasn't worked and a new approach must take place......starting today.  And when is Cherington going to get moving?  It's now been three weeks since the end of this disastrous season and he hasn't done a da@n thing.  Even the naming of the new manager was an owner and CEO move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

During the playoffs Nick Swisher was sucking on the same POP as A-Rod

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

1B Kevin Youkilis (34) - $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout                                           Won't be signed by the CWS and Mauro Gomez/James Loney

SS/2B/3B Iggy/Ciracio/

2B Pedroia

3B Middlebrooks

Ellsbury or sign Michael Bourn (30) CF,

Delmon Young (27)FA LF,

Cody Ross (32) FA RF

Kalish/Sweeney/Posednik/Nava

C Salty and Lavarnway

David Ortiz (38) FA DH

SP Anibal Sanchez (29) James Shields (31) - $9MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout          Rays I don't think will sign at 9MM  and then

SP Doubrant, Lester, Clay, Lackey, Stewart

RP sign..Jonathan Broxton (29), J.P. Howell (28) Then Bard, Melancon, Bailey, Tarzawa, Aceves, Padilla, Miller, Mortensen, Atchinson, Breslow etc...

That is 35 of a 40 man roster othe 5 are De La Rosa, Rubby, and others

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBay, you forgot the Houston trade---Lowrie for Melancon?  That didn't turn out so well either, did it?  You're right though.  I am a little cyncical but Melancon, Bailey, Padilla, Carpenter (now two of them), Stewart Lillibridge, Repko, Valencia, Beato, Ohlendorf Silva and Thomas sound to me like a lot of dumpster diving.  Still, I hope you're right that Cherington gets it straight this off season better than he did last year.  We need help, and if you and others on this board are as ticked off as I am over what's happened to our team, you have to know how rotten it feels to see the Red Sox in the state they're in.  What ownership has been doing the past few years hasn't worked and a new approach must take place......starting today.  And when is Cherington going to get moving?  It's now been three weeks since the end of this disastrous season and he hasn't done a da@n thing.  Even the naming of the new manager was an owner and CEO move.

[/QUOTE]

How do you know it was an owner and CEO move?  The three musketter's were no where to be found, during Farrells press conference. Ben flew solo, which I thought was telling. As far as the Lowrie trade, Sox needed pitching and Lowrie had a hard time staying on the field and off the DL. It was the same for him this season. It's been three weeks. He fired BV, he negotiated a trade for Farrell, apparently close to resigning Ortiz and has had discussions to bring back Ross, which were his first priorities. Slow to hire, quick to fire.  The state they're in has more to do with Epstein. Cherington had very little payroll flexabilty, last off season. He has rid the team of the contracts that would have kept the team from moving forward, for years to come. What he does from here, is what he'll be graded on. My point being, give the guy a chance to put his mark on the team, before calling him a failure. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think the Sox will look closely at A. Sanchez and Edwin Jackson. If they don't land either, they may go after 2 of these guys: McCarthy, Marcum, or Saunders.

They may make s hort term play for Bourn, but I think we'll just re-sign Ross and pick up another Pods-type for our 2013 bridge year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

Hey, we got TWO Carpenters in trade so far...just what we need to re-build!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And We Sucked 93 Times With No POP.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

This list isn't too impressive. I wouldn't mind them letting Ortiz walk and signing Napoli though. Firey guy who hits well at Fenway, reminds me of some of the old Sox players back when they were a likeable team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Sox will look closely at A. Sanchez and Edwin Jackson. If they don't land either, they may go after 2 of these guys: McCarthy, Marcum, or Saunders.

They may make s hort term play for Bourn, but I think we'll just re-sign Ross and pick up another Pods-type for our 2013 bridge year.

[/QUOTE]

Moon...I'll never understand why you don't think this team can compete next year, but if you "think" the Sox are going to only sign Ross and a "Posednik type" for the outfield, then you couldn't be more wrong, and I'll gladly bet on it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And We Sucked 93 Times With No POP.....

[/QUOTE]

We sucked 93 times and still ended up where the Yankees did. The way the Yankees finished i'd rather have sucked 93times then sucked 4 times when it all counted .Take that Swisher to the bank !!!

25. This post has been removed.