RedSox Have DEEP Pockets, As Do The CUBS....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: RedSox Have DEEP Pockets, As Do The CUBS....

I don't think the Sox have competitive as an objective for next year and with that in mind I doubt that they will spend big dollars in the FA market.  I would expect that they try to pick up a couple of mid-level talent FAs to help avoid the embarrassment of finishing last again...something that doesn't become the Sox image and somehow clashes with the tag "greatest rivalry in sports."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

Add Who You All Like......

[/QUOTE]

During the playoffs Nick Swisher was sucking on the same POP as A-Rod

[/QUOTE]

And We Sucked 93 Times With No POP.....

[/QUOTE]

We sucked 93 times and still ended up where the Yankees did. The way the Yankees finished i'd rather have sucked 93times then sucked 4 times when it all counted .Take that Swisher to the bank !!!

[/QUOTE]

I think I would rather have finished as the division champ, advanced one round in the playoffs and got beat soundly in the next round rather than finsh in last place when the expectations at the beginning of the year were for the playoffs.  Just my thought.  Much as I dislike the Yanks - I think being the laughing stock of the AL East was worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

could this be the year, rather than free agency, players such as Upton, Tulo, Tim Lincecum, Brian Mcann, Ike Davis, Chase Headley, Nelson Cruz are available in trades, and the RS have the prospects and $$$ to make deals for these types of players?

[/QUOTE]

If you can get Tulo, that would be the guy to give up top prospects for. But you know it would probably include Boegarts / Barnes to start. The rest of your list I would not give up either of these 2 guys. Ike would be a perfect fit for RS but Alderson will want top prospects, which I would not do. If you can get for guys like Brentz / Raunado I would do it. The RS should be looking at 2014 when the alot of top prospects should be making there way to Fenway.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TRIVIA TIME: WHICH YANKEE WAS ONE OF BASEBALL’S BEST HITTERS WITH RISP?
    Monday, October 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm by SJKQuick Analytical Blurbs

Well, it's Nick Swisher.
    Nick hit .301/.406/.589 in 181 PA with RISP. His .995 OPS ranked 7th in the American League, while his wOBA of .415 ranked 4th in the junior circuit.

[/QUOTE]

During the regular season Swisher does seem to be a clutch hitter.  When we're playing the Yankees I don't like seeing him up there in a big spot.

Which makes his postseason woes all the more puzzling.  In 36 postseason games for the Yankees he has a line of 162/252/308 with 7 RBI.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We sucked 93 times and still ended up where the Yankees did. The way the Yankees finished i'd rather have sucked 93times then sucked 4 times when it all counted .Take that Swisher to the bank !!!

[/QUOTE]

Donrd4---I don't know if I'd go that far but I will agree the futility of the Yankees took a lot of the sting from our less than stellar season.  It would have felt like getting hit by a two-by-four if the Yankees would be playing in the WS tonight.  Still, we know that those guys will make the changes needed to try again.  The question I have is WILL WE?  Will Henry open his wallet this winter, will Cherington be proactive and strike fast to get us the reinforcements we need, will Lucchino stop his meddling and let Farrell run the team on the field his way?  As I told JBay, I don't have a lot of confidence in our ownership and front office right now and I'll be da@ned if I'm going to allow them to fool me.  Actons speak louder than words and so far all I've heard is words.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Tropical-Nation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, we got TWO Carpenters in trade so far...just what we need to re-build!

[/QUOTE]

right. kind of like the 2 carpenters in the tv show GREEN ACRES.

[/QUOTE]
    Cherrington does slightly resemble Arnold the pig. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Donrd4---I don't know if I'd go that far but I will agree the futility of the Yankees took a lot of the sting from our less than stellar season.  It would have felt like getting hit by a two-by-four if the Yankees would be playing in the WS tonight.  Still, we know that those guys will make the changes needed to try again.  The question I have is WILL WE?  Will Henry open his wallet this winter, will Cherington be proactive and strike fast to get us the reinforcements we need, will Lucchino stop his meddling and let Farrell run the team on the field his way?  As I told JBay, I don't have a lot of confidence in our ownership and front office right now and I'll be da@ned if I'm going to allow them to fool me.  Actons speak louder than words and so far all I've heard is words.

[/QUOTE]

All we hear from you, you loon is blathering nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

And all any of us ever hear from you is stupidity, moronic dumbness, and gross idiocy.  Go out and get a job washing dishes, then do us all a favor and go soak your ignorant head.  I'm though dealing with you are even less worthy than the stuff I recently stepped on in Zeke Hardy's cow pasture.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

but worth is not what a sabermetric mind assigns to said player and his statistics, but worth is really what one team is willing to pay. If one used the dollar figure of $5mil for a replacement level player, based on $$$ available, and lack of players available, the cost of WAR is about to get a whole lot more expensive.

John Lackey, Carl Crawford, Daisuke Matsuzaka and Bobby Jenks concur.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox have hope.  The Cubs have as much hope as North Korea (pretty much none LOL).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think I would rather have finished as the division champ, advanced one round in the playoffs and got beat soundly in the next round rather than finsh in last place when the expectations at the beginning of the year were for the playoffs.  Just my thought.  Much as I dislike the Yanks - I think being the laughing stock of the AL East was worse.

[/QUOTE]

Good ( I think ) Well i rather have that high draft choice ,then look stupid in the playoffs. Just my thought.Much as i thought that the whole Yankee team looked way worse then the 93 losses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets See Pitchers.....

Anibal Sanchez

Matt Cain  Signed

Kyle Lohse

Zack Greinke

Cole Hamels Signed

Gavin Floyd

Lets Add Some POP...

Mike Napoli

Josh Hamilton

Nick Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Bourn/Speed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good ( I think ) Well i rather have that high draft choice ,then look stupid in the playoffs. Just my thought.Much as i thought that the whole Yankee team looked way worse then the 93 losses.