RedSox New Bench Coach Torey Lovullo....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

RedSox New Bench Coach Torey Lovullo....

What Say U,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: RedSox New Bench Coach Torey Lovullo....

say word son...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I smell championship!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would prefer to see a more experienced person beside Farrell. I am also extremely interested to hear who the pitching coach may be 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would prefer to see a more experienced person beside Farrell. I am also extremely interested to hear who the pitching coach may be 

[/QUOTE]

Torey Lovullo has been in Professional Baseball in some capacity for the past 25 years, as a player, coach, manager, etc.  He's obviously comfortable working with John Farrell & he's worked in the Red Sox organization before under this ownership group.  That's about as "experienced" as it's going to get unless they dig up Connie Mack. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Goodbye Tim Bogar! Also you can expect Dave Butterfield to take over at third. The pitching coach should be the most interesting hire by John Farrell.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goodbye Tim Bogar! Also you can expect Dave Butterfield to take over at third. The pitching coach should be the most interesting hire by John Farrell.

[/QUOTE]

Im All For This....Bring On Oral......Pitching Coach...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hear he has good speed, power and loves to work hard and play every day with anything but a disabling injury.

[/QUOTE]

You are quite a piece of work. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Torey Lovullo has been in Professional Baseball in some capacity for the past 25 years, as a player, coach, manager, etc.  He's obviously comfortable working with John Farrell & he's worked in the Red Sox organization before under this ownership group.  That's about as "experienced" as it's going to get unless they dig up Connie Mack. 

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lovullo has managed 1 year at Columbus, 1 year at Pawtucket, and served 2 years as Farrells bench coach. IMO that is not the experience I was thinking of. I was thinking of some one such as Brad Mills or Demarlo Hale or of similar experience

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lovullo has managed 1 year at Columbus, 1 year at Pawtucket, and served 2 years as Farrells bench coach. IMO that is not the experience I was thinking of. I was thinking of some one such as Brad Mills or Demarlo Hale or of similar experience

[/QUOTE]

???  He won back to back Manager of the Year awards with the Kineston Indians & the Akron Aeros in '04 and '05, he played in the Majors for 11 years and started coaching with the Cleveland Indians the year after he retired in '01. He was a finalist for the Dodgers managing job in '06.  He's been in Pro Baseball for 25 years.  How much more experience does a guy need?  The fact that he is comfortable with Farrell and the Sox Organization doesn't hurt, either.  By the way, Mills will very likely go with Tito to Cleveland.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

???  He won back to back Manager of the Year awards with the Kineston Indians & the Akron Aeros in '04 and '05, he played in the Majors for 11 years and started coaching with the Cleveland Indians the year after he retired in '01. He was a finalist for the Dodgers managing job in '06.  He's been in Pro Baseball for 25 years.  How much more experience does a guy need?  The fact that he is comfortable with Farrell and the Sox Organization doesn't hurt, either.  By the way, Mills will very likely go with Tito to Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

he needs more than 2 years in the big leagues in Toronto

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

While we are at it, let's bring along Batista too.  lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While we are at it, let's bring along Batista too.  lol

[/QUOTE]

Can He Play SS......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol!...so you know the guy?  Interesting.  By the way, Robin Ventura & Mike Matheny say hello.  If you don't like the choice, that's fine, but don't say he needs "more experience."  He been in Professional baseball as a player, coach & manager for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS and he is highly thought of as a coach around the game. Learn a little bit about the guy, google him or something, then make your decision on his "qualifications." 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol!...so you know the guy?  Interesting.  By the way, Robin Ventura & Mike Matheny say hello.  If you don't like the choice, that's fine, but don't say he needs "more experience."  He been in Professional baseball as a player, coach & manager for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS and he is highly thought of as a coach around the game. Learn a little bit about the guy, google him or something, then make your decision on his "qualifications." 

[/QUOTE]

I do know the guy. I did almost all of his games when he managed the Pawsox. He is a great guy. Will be a very good manager imo some day. He is not ready to manage in Boston. Farrell will have tons of distractions in Boston that he didnt have in Toronto. Farrells shortcomings in Toronto were game management, and clubhouse discipline, really things that a bench coach should share the blame. Farrell needs a stronger personality than Torey, it is almost so obvious, I am surprised Ben didnt insist the point with Farrell.

You can google him all you want, Farrell needs a stronger guy by his side

Hey Ozzie Guillen has been in the game more than 25 years...using your logic, he would make a great bench coach, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do know the guy. I did almost all of his games when he managed the Pawsox. He is a great guy. Will be a very good manager imo some day. He is not ready to manage in Boston. Farrell will have tons of distractions in Boston that he didnt have in Toronto. Farrells shortcomings in Toronto were game management, and clubhouse discipline, really things that a bench coach should share the blame. Farrell needs a stronger personality than Torey, it is almost so obvious, I am surprised Ben didnt insist the point with Farrell.

Hey Ozzie Guillen has been in the game more than 25 years...using your logic, he would make a great bench coach, right?

[/QUOTE]

First of all, I never said Lovullo would be a "great" Bench Coach, I said he has enough experience to be one.  He's not managing. Big difference...

Second, are you basing John Farrell's "Clubhouse Discipline" issue on Omar Vizquel's rant after a dinner.  The same Omar Vizquel who hated Farrell because Farrell wanted him released in June and Vizquel found out.  Are you basing it on the eye makeup slur?  Just curious.  I've met John Farrell plenty of times and have had conversations with people who know him well.  "Discipline" won't be an issue, as he is as well-respected as it gets around the game. 

3rd, again, if you think Lovullo is "too soft" to be a bench coach, then say it.  Don't say he doesn't have enough "experience."  Then we'll agree to disagree....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First of all, I never said Lovullo would be a "great" Bench Coach, I said he has enough experience to be one.  He's not managing. Big difference...

Second, are you basing John Farrell's "Clubhouse Discipline" issue on Omar Vizquel's rant after a dinner.  The same Omar Vizquel who hated Farrell because Farrell wanted him released in June and Vizquel found out.  Are you basing it on the eye makeup slur?  Just curious.  I've met John Farrell plenty of times and have had conversations with people who know him well.  "Discipline" won't be an issue, as he is as well-respected as it gets around the game. 

3rd, again, if you think Lovullo is "too soft" to be a bench coach, then say it.  Don't say he doesn't have enough "experience."  Then we'll agree to disagree....

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying he is too soft. I am saying he does not have enough experience dealing with major league ball players. Farrell lost the club house in Toronto. The Escobar thing was nothing, guy is a dope and will be out of Toronto in 30-60 days. The Vizquel thing was totally different, he carried a lot of that club house. Turned many of them against Farrell.

My comments are also an indictment on Farrell. He needs a stronger personality in the club house than Torey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Torey Lovullo will be the best bench coach in the illustrious history of bench coaches.  Whatever it is that they do , I am sure that he will do it very well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I read Peter Gammons' article in MLB.com that Chili Davis (Oakland's hitting coach) may become Boston's hitting coach. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I don't care who the coaches are as long as they get along and can see eye to eye!  That's all that matters like he said in the press confrence as long as they are on the same page that's all that I care about!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A pretty big deal between the Red Sox and Blue Jays.

During the late 80s to early 90s, Toronto was Boston's biggest rival.  Toronto was very good back then.  Jimmy Key, David Cone, Jack Morris, Joe Carter, Duane Ward, Tom Henke, Roberto Alomar, etc. the team was stacked with great talent. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually did lol on that last sentence...thanks :)

I think TL has enough experience in professional baseball to warrant the bench coach job. Hes well respected throughout baseball. Hes familiar with some player on the Sox as he was employed in the organization before he left for Toronto with Farrell.

The important thing that we learned from this year is that the entire coaching staff needs to be on the same page. They have worked together the last 2 years and should work well together here in Boston

As far as the Omar Visquel thing. He was sour that Farrell didnt want him wasting a roster spot and Visquel basically selfishly sabotaged the team by trying to get players to turn against Farrell. Why didnt the spanish speaking so called leader and veteran in that clubhouse not say something to Escobar  about the writng on his eye black, but called out farrell on that and other issues? Visquel acted like a selfish baby IMO and was far from a veteran leader...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I went back and re read my comments, and was not as clear as I had intended. Lovullo is great. He has enough experience. However, I think at this moment for the RS he is not the right guy.

He could be the right guy for the Tigers grooming Leylands replacement, ditto Manual in Philly. He would be great for Tito in Cleve.

My concern is with Farrell in Boston, Farrell needs some one with more experience than Torey has. I like the Farrell hire, I simply wish his bench coach was in that Zimmer, Mills, Pena type of coach