Referendum on Farrell/Cherington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Referendum on Farrell/Cherington

The Sox are now mired in first place in part because these bozos are clueless about who to play.  OTFB abounds in threads that demonstrate clearly just how bad management has been this season.  Drew needs to get out of Dodge and make room for Iglesias.  Lester should never have been brought back this season.  Aceves is the real ace.  Bradley needs to get back to Boston and Ellsbury given the boot.  Buchholz is wimp, and Farrell needs to toughen him up.  Bailey is useless, ditto whichever bullpen arm gave up any run within the last month.  Victorino is overpaid and a drag on the team.  Bogaerts is MLB ready right now and can play SS, 3B, and 1B at the same time. 

I want to thank all the naysayers for enlightening me about the true state of affairs.  Where is Bobby V when you really need him? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Referendum on Farrell/Cherington

wouldnt the mixer do the shaking Conan? just sayinTongue Out

Ive been in favor for most ofthe moves made this year. Theres a couple I wasnt thrilled about, but understood the motive for doing so. Ive also believed this team would be better than a lot of folks were suggesting. There are still some issues with this team, but they have been able to overcome them. When someone falls, the other person picks them up. Another road series won against a tough ALE team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Max, Max, Max--where do we begin.

ShaVic needs to play every game he's physically capable of playing. He's got the best outfield arm on the team.

WMB is hitting worse than Drew. If anything WMB should be sent down until he figures his hitting and fielding out. Holt batting over .280 could be your super sub call up and he's on the 40. WMB has plenty of options.

Obviosly you don't believe Aceves is the real Ace because Ace Bailey is the real Ace; not true. I would  give Bailey at least three more shots as the savior before annointing Taz again. Everyone deserves a second chance and I believe Taz could be the real savior.

As far as Buch "Toughening Up"--I don't know much about pain others can withstand and how much we all can endure and how much it takes away from our concentration.

Lester is not going to change--he's living in the past--teams have a book on him and I believe it starts with he thinks he's better than he is. He has no life and that translates to no passion. The umps are against me. How am I going to paint the corners to get a stud batter out? How can I keep a guy close to first--I'm the only Lefty in the game with no move to 1 B. How can I get through 5 to qualify for a win. Why don't the Sox offer me an extension? I can't speed up the game I have to think more about the ump, man on first, where everybody is positioned.

Lester Sign, Set and Throw--give the batter and runner no time to adjust--trust your stuff or take your game someplace else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

People don't understand satire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No one is perfect and perhaps they have not made all the right moves.  But anyone who sincerely believes that they would do all the right things as a G.M. or a manager is just not looking at the whole picture (to put it mildly)

But at the end of the day, this team has gone from LAST to FIRST in ONE year.....and people still **** they will come in here and **** about us ***** about them ***** ( you can fill in the blanks *****'s)

editorial note: I say this with love. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In the span of 10 months, a complete about face comptetitively, a near-total financial restructuring, and a total makeover of the image/attitude.  The Sox were easy to hate at this time last year, easy to love now.  Ben Cherrington:  kudos young man.  That was no small task.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

U need to shake your head in a paint mixer.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, Cone. Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

To be honest, I have opinions but am no expert on the Sox.  That said, I am astounded at how well this team is playing and believe Cherington and Farrell have already worked a minor miracle whatever else happens this season.  That's why I said in the opening sentence, "mired on first place."  To me those two right now can do no wrong even though they are bound to make mistakes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, Cone. Smile

Conehead has a hard time recognizing reality, let alone sarcasm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ive been in favor for most ofthe moves made this year. Theres a couple I wasnt thrilled about, but understood the motive for doing so. Ive also believed this team would be better than a lot of folks were suggesting. There are still some issues with this team, but they have been able to overcome them. When someone falls, the other person picks them up. Another road series won against a tough ALE team.

Exactly. conan doesn't even understand sarcasm, but I guess these things happen when your brain is the size of a pea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Other than the Iggy situation, I have no beef with Farrell or Ben (not really sure who's making the call on that...could be both). I'm hoping Ben will be on the lookout for a top quality (not too aged) SP who is under team control for 2+ years, but it won't be easy. I wouldn't trade the farm for a Cliff Lee type. We could use a big RH'd bat, but that may be better filled this winter.

Farrell has done a great job with the pitching staff. Ben has given us a balanced line-up 1 to 9 for the first time in a long time. We have a hard time against lefties, but I like our road splits. 

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"U need to shake your head in a paint mixer."

U need to go away. What a drag on this forum you have become. 

By the way, here's the wikipedia link to satire, maybe it will help you to understand the post: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

@Max on balance I think Cherry and Farrel have done a great job. 

The Drew signing seems problematic and Iggy has clearly earned his playing time, but other than that it's hard to poke too many holes. Though I prefer to see the whole season play out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than the Iggy situation, I have no beef with Farrell or Ben (not really sure who's making the call on that...could be both). I'm hoping Ben will be on the lookout for a top quality (not too aged) SP who is under team control for 2+ years, but it won't be easy. I wouldn't trade the farm for a Cliff Lee type. We could use a big RH'd bat, but that may be better filled this winter.

Farrell has done a great job with the pitching staff. Ben has given us a balanced line-up 1 to 9 for the first time in a long time. We have a hard time against lefties, but I like our road splits. 

Sox4]

Drew 4 for last 26 with 13 ko's Middb. 1 for last 11 & Iggy is sitting the bench. Just makes you want to scratch your head & say what the hell is going on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ditto.

of course, we are the same person so this makes sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Farrell has done an excellent job. I might add that I do not understand why Iglesias is not playing every day , at least until he shows that he should not be. Can't figure that one out , but otherwise give high marks to Farrell.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You need to get a sense of HUMOR where there is none. IN YOUR HEAD BOZO !!

GOODBYE ONCE MORE DUMMY !! Back to IGNORE. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

The Sox are now mired in first place in part because these bozos are clueless about who to play.  OTFB abounds in threads that demonstrate clearly just how bad management has been this season.  Drew needs to get out of Dodge and make room for Iglesias.  Lester should never have been brought back this season.  Aceves is the real ace.  Bradley needs to get back to Boston and Ellsbury given the boot.  Buchholz is wimp, and Farrell needs to toughen him up.  Bailey is useless, ditto whichever bullpen arm gave up any run within the last month.  Victorino is overpaid and a drag on the team.  Bogaerts is MLB ready right now and can play SS, 3B, and 1B at the same time. 

I want to thank all the naysayers for enlightening me about the true state of affairs.  Where is Bobby V when you really need him? 

Max, 

They need to Bring back Beckett with his 6pk and fried chicken. Fenway's not the same without the small of KFC wafting up from the dugout into the stands. Not to open a can of worms of course but since the Pats signed Tebow, if it doesn't work out maybe he can roam center field for us. I'm sure he can hit at least .300. He's a versatile athlete. Maybe he can be converted to be the set up man out of the bullpen when he's not in center or at least be the new ball-boy. He can at least hold a team prayers before the game and during the seventh inning stretch.

Hetch 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Since this is a referendum and there's no harm in reinforcing what other people are saying....

I think what Ben and Farrell have done is just short of walking on water.  I had this year's team picked as mediocre - and I'm an optimist!  Instead they're "mired in first place", a nice choice of words, btw. :-) 

However, that doesn't mean that I think they can do no wrong.  This whole situation with Iggy is boggling my mind.  I can see no good reason to not have Iggy in the lineup at least five days a week.

While I don't agree (or disagree) with everything that's posted here, I do think we have a good diversity of opinions and optimism on this form.  That's why I think it's significant that nobody has any defense for Iggy's not playing other than, "Well, Farrell does a good job." 

Other than the Iggy issue I think the FO is doing an excellent job.  I keep telling myself that they know more than I do about this.  Then I realize that no, that's not possible.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Since this is a referendum and there's no harm in reinforcing what other people are saying....

I think what Ben and Farrell have done is just short of walking on water.  I had this year's team picked as mediocre - and I'm an optimist!  Instead they're "mired in first place", a nice choice of words, btw. :-) 

However, that doesn't mean that I think they can do no wrong.  This whole situation with Iggy is boggling my mind.  I can see no good reason to not have Iggy in the lineup at least five days a week.

While I don't agree (or disagree) with everything that's posted here, I do think we have a good diversity of opinions and optimism on this form.  That's why I think it's significant that nobody has any defense for Iggy's not playing other than, "Well, Farrell does a good job." 

Other than the Iggy issue I think the FO is doing an excellent job.  I keep telling myself that they know more than I do about this.  Then I realize that no, that's not possible.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

S5, 

I said sort of what you actually said better than I earlier in another thread. Realizing this was a bridge year, although many fans don't seem to realize such a year for rebuilding are needed, I was predicting possibly a .500 season so for me anything better is a minor miracle. Ben and John should get Oscars or an Emmy for what they've accomplished with this rag tag bunch. Sure some deals haven't worked out as well as we'd like, pick on Gomes or Drew, but both are still solid players, just not having great years so far, but other deals have worked out well with stories Like Nava who is having a great season, Pedey or Ortiz coming back from injury. Not to jinx this club but it might be a mirror of "67" in some ways coming on the heals of the September collapse and last years disaster.  

Well said by you !!

Hetch 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I don't think the team managed one 5 game winning streak in 2012 (a near impossibility).... even the 2013 Astros will or may have already won 5 in a row. This has been a great season. My only issue is Iggy,

Actually, they managed two 5 game streaks (one each in mid-May and mid-June) and even one 6 game streak in late April, but those were more than balanced by multiple 6, 7 and even 8 games losing streaks and in general is was win 2, lose 3 most of the year, especially after Papi went down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sounds like the Iggy issue is now a consensus: play him!

(At least I got this one right.)

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts