Why not relax?

I mean, hey, we got Wakefield going. -
    drpjn

You were saying?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.

First: 4/2/2011
    Last: 5/1/2011
    Im still relaxed Yaz. well exept for my one air punch after Dice stunk it up again and right before he threw 2 gems in a row. It is only April, albeit one of their worst April's Ive seen in a while, but Im still optomistic . Im a little worried about Dice-K's elbow and the lack off offense, but like Ive been saying all along...Too much talent on this team to be this bad all season. Ellsbury is starting to shine again in the leadoff spot (right where he should be) and salty has started to hit the ball a bit. May is a new month and I believe we will see the Sox turn it around.

Southpaw ... appreciate it.  I didn't say it wasn't tough.  It has been.  But I am with you ... too much talent to blow it.  Early 'yips" should let go ... I think things will thaw and we will get to where we ought to be. 

I never ever said we wouldn't have to fight in the ALE.  For any who think I've said otherwise, they have not read my stuff.  You aren't saing that, but others seem to think I'm too polly anna to recognize things....

All I can say is that we heard the same craph last year and we almost caught the WC spot even with all those injuries.  Barring the same medical detour, I'm confident we'll make up ground.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 10/16/2007
    The oddsmakers must be running for the border.

One more reason not to make them close friends....  :oD

Then again, down 0-3, giving up 19 runs in the third game ... we looked like dead ducks ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 3/15/2006
    The redsox started like this last yr and with the Rays and Yanks constantly winning the redsox were not able to recover. Can you really relax when you have the Yanks and Rays in your division with a team that sometimes looks like it can't get out of its own way?

They ALMOST recovered .... even with all the injuries!!!  I was darn proud of last year's team.  Tough, grind it out - against all odds.

This year's team is gonna make it back.  It WILL be tough.  Never said it wouldn't be.  What I said was let the season play out instead of giving up so early. 

I have no doubt it will make it back.  I know every loss beaers more pain now than when we are playing well ... but I'll tell you what REALLY, REALLY hurts .... when you are up 15 games with less than a month and then lose.

This team is all about the days ahead, not the losses behind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

G'night all ...

Time to make those donuts.

Blessings.

And peace, troubled hearts, peace!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox1489. Show bosox1489's posts

I'm relax after all only 3 teams who have started the month of april under .500 have gone on to make the playoffs so why stress over the rest of the season. odds are we don't make the playoffs, and if we do while we will be team # 4 so be it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

In Response to Re: Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax. No, I mean it. Relax. : Jim    This is supposed to be a funny poke at me, but I'll take it.  I spent several summers at our church camps singing, "Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya.  Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya."    It was first sung as a vespers song, which is the specific invitiation for the comforting SPirit of God to "Come by here."    Thus, your joke, is my comfort.  I still ask the Lord to come by here ... where ever that may be.  I specifically ask Him to bless my donut production each evening as I start that it may somehow be of glory to Christ.  I'm blessed to have the work and I want to do the best I can ... and the only way it can be the best is if He's in it helping.    Kumbaya, indeed!   
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

A cop in training I see....  Is that DD's I hope?  Keep up the training....  them nightshifts can be brutal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Bri, too old to become a cop.

30 years as a preacher...

but cannot drive any more, so that ended ... 

But I can still try to do the best I can.... as the New Testament instructs, do all things unto Christ ... 

Not DD's ... a niche bakery and cafe, family owned - from scratch each night ... DD's use to be my favorite but in many places they import their donuts from a regional bakery.  

I still enjoy DD when out of town ... but they are our base line competition here.  Small town ... with about 6 bakeries (they come and go ...)

I do have a good time.  The owners trust me to use my own taste and style .... makes it interesting.  And all my customers - well, I guess most - say they are the best in th area.  That doesn't upset me ...  Lo)

And it gives me more reason to thank God!

But careful, Bri ... I'm not realistic in my outlook toward the Red Sox.  I'm just optimistic ....

{|8nD)                     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

True dat, Yaz old friend. Plenty of time to right the ship.  Yankees needed until Mid-May in 2009 and they sort of won it going away.

Same can happen here. 

”We have the tools. We have the talent.  It's Miller Time!"-  Winston Zedmore, Ghostbusters

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]southpaw777 Posts: 151 First: 4/2/2011 Last: 5/1/2011 Im still relaxed Yaz. well exept for my one air punch after Dice stunk it up again and right before he threw 2 gems in a row. It is only April, albeit one of their worst April's Ive seen in a while, but Im still optomistic . Im a little worried about Dice-K's elbow and the lack off offense, but like Ive been saying all along...Too much talent on this team to be this bad all season. Ellsbury is starting to shine again in the leadoff spot (right where he should be) and salty has started to hit the ball a bit. May is a new month and I believe we will see the Sox turn it around.     Southpaw ... appreciate it.  I didn't say it wasn't tough.  It has been.  But I am with you ... too much talent to blow it.  Early 'yips" should let go ... I think things will thaw and we will get to where we ought to be.    I never ever said we wouldn't have to fight in the ALE.  For any who think I've said otherwise, they have not read my stuff.  You aren't saing that, but others seem to think I'm too polly anna to recognize things....    All I can say is that we heard the same crap h last year and we almost caught the WC spot even with all those injuries.  Barring the same medical detour, I'm confident we'll make up ground.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hope you had a good night at work Yaz.. Im with you that we will be right in it really soon. May will bring a turnaround for the Sox. I don't have rose-colored glasses on as Ive been told. i know and understand this game well. I, like you, choose to be optimistic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]https://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew-Mitchell/1362870060
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]

How about that..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]https://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew-Mitchell/1362870060
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]

How about that, indeed ...

Could we be looking at the wrong Andrew?

He makes a convincing RS doubter ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]True dat, Yaz old friend. Plenty of time to right the ship.  Yankees needed until Mid-May in 2009 and they sort of won it going away. Same can happen here.  ”We have the tools. We have the talent.  It's Miller Time!"-   Winston Zedmore, Ghostbusters
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Could not have made the point bettah!!!!

Thx, sir!!

Love old Winston!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How about what?  So you have some loser who has nothing better to do but do a search on facebook for a board member who has a similar name (assuming this is my real name) and who is also a yankee fan?  And then think they solved the case of the century by posting the link all over the board?  Surely you are smarter than that?  Aren't you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Dr. Peter Venkman:
    Have you, or any member of your family, ever been diagnosed schizophrenic . . . mentally incompetent?

Alice the Librarian:

My uncle thought he was St. Jerome.
    Dr. Peter Venkman:
    I'd call that a big yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

bosox 1489: only 3 teams who have started the month of april under .500 have go on to make the playoffs

Not true.  I just found 4 teams that were under .500 at the end of April and made the playoffs and my guess is there are more.

1991 Twins
    2002 Angels
    2005 Yankees
    2007 Yankees 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Everytime we hit a bump, lose a few, it will stir the pot of "I told you so" pessimists or realists.

I choose to smile. 

I choose to believe we will come all the way back. Or more properly, make it out of this losing position into the winning place that might even please our realists.

I know that they will always harp on how badly the season started and that we could have won even more ...  

11-0 and 9-2 are sure signs of our demise.

Only if you choose to believe so.

Recent evidence and history appear to paint the picture as a tragedy.  Some might say a comedy - of errors.

But history is just that.  It does not command the future.

Ask the '04 Yanquis.  Ask the '10 Bruins.  History bears weight but it does not command the future.

This squad will be where it should be by season's end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The mistakes made lately for the Sox are not helping RSN stay relaxed Yaz. Im still with you that this team will be there at the end. Some things need to change in order for it to happen. Im still confident that they can and will make the neccessary changes to do that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I know, southpaw.

It takes effort.  But that is why we learn those techniques too.  :o)

It's funny(ironic).  We've gottern so used to being able to just bellow "BOO!  THROW THE BUM OUT!"  And the expulsion of air and the expenditure of energy is cathartac - for a moment.  We may even get our testosterone pumping, which opens whole other avenues of why we keep doing it.  Throw in the statement, "That's the way a MAN does it!" and all of a sudden chest thumping and biceps shots add more fuel.

I'm basically a negative person.

But I've seen how being positive changes the whole equation.  It doesn't paint the picture with the lack of reality.  Instead it gives the picture possibility.  It lifts instead of beats down.

I see the bad scores.  And it hurts ... but then I remember some of the schooling I've gotten here ...

and I can understand why Lackey and Wake were left in to take their lumps.  The bull pen was being protected.  That's smart.  To lose two games in blow outs ... and starters that carry that tainted water ... helps the whole team - the pen in this case - for more opportunity later on.

If Lackey and Wake had both pitched well ... and if we had a few less defensive misques ... the decisions  would have been "smart."  If ...  

But in the long run, they still are.  A couple of bad losses is still just two losses. Not a wearing out of the bull pen for weeks to come.

And the season is for weeks and weeks and weeks to come.

I have to exercise the relaxation process myself.  But I choose that over the burning anger of negativity.  I save that for more important things - like the maroons that try to run me over on my bike  :oD  

Or when Yahoo's drivers cut me out of a game I'm winning on Literati.

Someday, southpaw, I'll tell you a story that helped change my way of thinking utterly.  How over the top support made little geeks into tug of war champs ... because I screamed at them that they could until they DID!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]bosox 1489: only 3 teams who have started the month of april under .500 have go on to make the playoffs Not true.  I just found 4 teams that were under .500 at the end of April and made the playoffs and my guess is there are more. 1991 Twins 2002 Angels 2005 Yankees 2007 Yankees 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    The 2010 Atlanta Braves were 9-14 in April but advanced to the postseason. The 2006 San Diego Padres and 2007 National League champion Colorado Rockies also had losing records in April. I'm sure there are more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 1/14/2006
    Last: 5/7/2011
    bosox 1489: only 3 teams who have started the month of april under .500 have go on to make the playoffs Not true.  I just found 4 teams that were under .500 at the end of April and made the playoffs and my guess is there are more. 1991 Twins 2002 Angels 2005 Yankees 2007 Yankees 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

The 2010 Atlanta Braves were 9-14 in April but advanced to the postseason. The 2006 San Diego Padres and 2007 National League champion Colorado Rockies also had losing records in April. I'm sure there are more.

Thanks, Hill and Halifax!