Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April?

Understood.  I just couldn't resist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Burrito, we get mad at those who are the opposite of rah-rah. We get mad at those who complain and are critical in 9 out of 10 posts. They are obvious. They are never happy unless they are miserable. I agree with many on Drew but is it really necessary to bash him when multitudes of other posters do it everyday like brushing their teeth or combing their hair? What do they bring to the forum when we can guess their act before they utter a word. Why is Softlaw worth reading when you can predict his words? Theforum needs some joy and praise of the team once in awhile instead of wall-to-wall negativity. Yes, negativity is rampid on the Internet for some reason but why not recognize it, identify it, and try to counter it. How many have come to this forum and left because it was too negative?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

My question to you is; why don't you try to counter it? Instead of preaching what you teach, you do the exact opposite and continue to make an issue of the negative. Who wants to keep reading that? You and Softlaw are in the same boat...sailing the same rhetoric.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Speakin of GOOFY, momma and I were watching via puter ( Damn what a great invention) on the deck, we spit and shouted together, ( A loving moment which we have shared a few over our Sox) because our hind butts were getting kicked. But we ( as should the Sox) stuck together. Darn and behold while we were doing the dishes these smart fellas from the Sox went and scored 6 runs! Momma's response you might ask," Jerks why do they always wait till im doin the dishes"! Darned if I know, but now she is happy, happy wife, happy home! Guessing its the same for you ol man!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

I know it's the morning after ... but you and the wife gave me several huge smiles.  It's great that you can share like that.  Not everyone has that particular enjoyment.  Reminded me a bit of the days when I first stopped driving.  The wife was always a 2nd pair of eyes - an excellent safety measure.  (This is a girl that grew up hunting everything from squirrels to deer in the woods, so her sharp eyesight was well trained for the open road.)   She had more than one ocassion to save our skin, but sometimes she was just annoying.  Fall back systems can be that way.  Anyhow,  when I STARTED to be the navigator ... all of the same helpful insights she used to give me were forcibly eliminated, because she thought they came from - uh - the urge to get back at her. Imagine that! How could she even think that?

Goofy was me misreading the score when it was 7-1 ... I was checking the score in between fixing tumeric eggplant, spaghetti and noodles.  Imagine my surprise when I sat down to eat in the calm of my computah room, only to realize I was off by a bit.  

Baseball?   Yeah ... I did get back to it didn't I?  Give your good lady a thanks from me for the smiles and laughs.

(I'm good with a rifle, btw.  But my wife can shoot a quarter at distance and give you 15 cents back ....)  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]You think I don't laugh AT the posters who start threads such as "Scutaro is garbage," or "Tito has to go now"? I barely even bother to open those threads, in fact the Scutaro thread I have not even opened. promise4you "I don't jump off the bridge after throwing the team off," was very funny. thnaks.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I even crack myself up when i go back and read what I wrote only to find out it's not what I said! Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Excellent response to andrewbitch. He's the biggest whiner on this board. He'll throw players or teams under the bus at a moment's notice. He's more likely to show up when things are going bad than when things are going good. There's a difference between honest criticism, which fans can do, and constant, mindless, overreacting bashing, yet he doesn't have enough brain cells to see it. So again, excellent work.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Thx Roy,

I know we're of a similar mind set (which as a friend means I ought to suggest a trip to a compitent therapist.  I'd refer you, but I've misplaced my trusty list) because of prior convos. 

He was almost completely absent in the long winning streak that brought the Sox to the brink of 1st ... But now that winning is "normal,"  his routine posting against folks has picked up steam.

I guess I did stir the pot a little.

Wheeeeeeeeee!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 3/15/2009
    Last: 7/26/2011
    In Response to : Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April?:
    In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : I liked your answer, Promise.  I thought it was great.  You  put a nice shine on the apple.
    Posted by SinceYaz

And did you notice how andrewbitch said he put you on ignore. He's the biggest chickenchit on this board. He'll put anyone on ignore who disagrees with him or calls him out for his pathetic posts. He's not man enough to stand up and backup his ridiculous drivel.
    His ignore button never has effected me.  I wonder why.

I gotta stop this, Roy.  It's too easy.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Sometimes I even crack myself up when i go back and read what I wrote ony to find out it's not what I said!

GM, Promise!

You aren't writing speeches for any politicians by chance?

:oD

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 9/16/2008
    Last: 7/26/2011
    Understood.  I just couldn't resist.
    Hey Joel ... just wanted to make sure you weren't feeling ignored.

:o)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : GM, Promise!    You aren't writing speaches for any politicians by chance? :oD
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Morning SY,
    Momma can be really funny, she yells and screams at them like they can hear her through the computer, actually had a neighbor come over one time and ask if everything was ok. I had to explain that sometimes she thinks that they can hear her in Boston all the way from Michigan.
    The only thing I would write for any political figure is their resignation letter!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Morning SY, Momma can be really funny, she yells and screams at them like they can hear her through the computer, actually had a neighbor come over one time and ask if everything was ok. I had to explain that sometimes she thinks that they can hear her in Boston all the way from Michigan. The only thing I would write for any political figure is their resignation letter!

I just happen to hve 535 here before me ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Actually, Roy, I started a thread on April 16th, the title of which was "5 back with 150 to go ... piece of cake."   I modified the title to "3 back with 141 to go" nine games later.  You posted positive comments on that thread, as did SinceYaz.  And, of course, there was a certain nattering nabob of negativism there, too.  Here's that thread.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a519c9ae6-f5db-4afa-956b-6c45b3ddd7af&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:519c9ae6-f5db-4afa-956b-6c45b3ddd7afPost:9322e626-6346-4d6f-9c6e-d26eea5e7914
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Joel:

I read that thread back when you posted it.  Andrew was so relentlessly negative that I could not bring myself to post there.  As you know, I might be exceedingly positive.  But, I feel rewarded now with the way the Sox are playing.  The weird thing now is, as someone else pointed out, that the Sox get evaluated on almost an at bat by at bat basis.  It is tough to live up to everyone's expectations every time you step to the plate.  I try to fight off the negativity and then stop posting for awhile when it gets to be too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : Sometimes I even crack myself up when i go back and read what I wrote ony to find out it's not what I said!

This is a classic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : That's true, but I was interpreting the phrase as -- there's no reason to panic being five games back in mid-April, not that it would be easy or a guarantee. My first post on the thread was: I was thinking the sme thing earlier. For all the ugliness of a 2-10 start, five games back in August isn't necessarily a big deal, let alone, April. Of course before we even start thinking playoffs, we need to start winning a few games. Let's get to .500, then I'll start thinking playoffs again.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

To me, it reflects a country with a lot of people with no math sense and no sense of logic.  Every win makes things a tiny bit better and every loss makes things a tiny bit worse.  But that's all.  Teams go thru long winning and losing streaks every year.  It makes me wonder how people don't recognize these things.

Maybe it's a stretch, but i think it's at the root of the tech bubble, housing bubble and everything else.  Just an inability to recognize the obvious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The obvious isn't recognizable when panic rules thought process.
    In addition, some think vision is limited to eyesight...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]The obvious isn't recognizable when panic rules thought process. In addition, some think vision is limited to eyesight...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]*  No one gave up, we still watched the games. *  IMO if you weren't frustrated in April then you aren't a real fan.  Just my opinion of course and I don't want to say who is a real fan or not. *  I said many times they still had a chance but that they gave away the division.  They haven't won the division yet.  I still think they weren't prepared on Opening Day. *  For those who claim to take the "high road" in July by looking back on comments in April, you would be well-adivsed to wait until October or November to do that.  *  No proven lefty in the pen hasn't been too problematic yet.  The playoffs is really when this could be a problem.  Right now, looks like their pen is OK.  But we won't know until the end of the season.  If you can spend 170 million but don't spend $ on a bona fide lefty, it seems like a foolish way to allocate your budget. *  Kinda sad to spend that kind of time to go back to old posts to the extent you are now to try and beat up on other posters for speaking their minds.  Especially since most posters talk about the game and players.  It's the few that think it is their "role" to try and bash other posters because they don't like what they write - so sad. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

posted at 7/27/2011 10:08 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d&plckUserId=69aeabbe1fa29fa9ee22fa0d93e6937d">
    First: 6/4/2005
    Last: 7/28/2011
    Life, Liberty, Property, and the Right To Be Headstrong about the Sox

$170 Million Dollar Payroll and not a single bona fide Left Handed Reliever in the Pen.......

Look up Headstrong in the dictionary. Fits Andrew to a tee. I'm glad that Andrew know who he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax Revisited.... Care for a review of the season lost in April? : This is a classic.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

That was the quote of the year!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

This just in, the Yankee chowda heads ( Not the good guys , Jete, NHsteven ETC) and the Boston Children posters at the pre school level, are now trashing each other over a Beckett loss. Good news, the Florida Marlins are looking for fans and rumor has it both the Good Yankee fans and the Good Red Sox fans have traded them for the Marlins fans. Both sides feel its an equal deal and both could prosper from this trade! Bad news, we are only getting back 20% of what we are trading in numbers. Hopefully next years draft will allow us to replenish the numbers for the meathead poster leagues!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]This just in, the Yankee chowda heads ( Not the good guys , Jete, NHsteven ETC) and the Boston Children posters at the pre school level, are now trashing each other over a Beckett loss. Good news, the Florida Marlins are looking for fans and rumor has it both the Good Yankee fans and the Good Red Sox fans have traded them for the Marlins fans. Both sides feel its an equal deal and both could prosper from this trade! Bad news, we are only getting back 20% of what we are trading in numbers. Hopefully next years draft will allow us to replenish the numbers for the meathead poster leagues!

Problem is, they won't show up!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HM1AZD4Iis

Sections
Shortcuts