1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

RELEASE HIM!!!

Bailey.  Nuff said....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: RELEASE HIM!!!

Amen!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

THey are NOT releasing Bailey, who was actually pitching well until his last 5 innings this year.  They will hope he straightens out, and worst case ry to mve him.

Zero chance they release him right now....

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bailey's last clean inning was on April 24. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He was pitching fine early on but he's been bad since coming back from the biceps strain. That leads me to believe it's something that is correctable but I think they should DL him to get him straightened out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

I love these release him threads.  The Red Sox have promised to release Biley right after you get about 10-20 crisp one hundred dollar bills and burn them.  That way you are doing the same with your money.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Bailey's last clean inning was on April 24. 

Notin is beside himself no doubt - another one of Ben's blunders that he just can't part with. Last time I checked he was traded for to close - not implode in the middle innings...maybe he can catch the Mort Clay virus and disappear forever...

Seriously why would anyone defend this lousy pitcher at all given his disasterous run with the Sox and injury history?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bailey has certainly struggled lately, but he will not get released.

He has much more value if they keep him as he may get straightened out, could fill mop-up innings or even get traded.

Releasing him means that he could do none of those things and yet still would collect a weekly salary for doing nothing.

All of us amateur GMs need to look further than seeing the guy give up a home run last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

"won't you come home (Andrew) Bailey, won't you come home!"

I’ve moaned the whole night long
    I’ll do the relieving honey, I’ll pay the rent
    I know the opposing hitters have done you wrong

You remember that rainy evenin’
    You threw out a fastball...hit 450 feet with nothing but a fine tooth comb
    Ya, I know you're to blame, now... ain’t it a shame
    (Andrew) Bailey, won’t you please come home"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

He has much more value if they keep him as he may get straightened out, could fill mop-up innings or even get traded.

Releasing him means that he could do none of those things and yet still would collect a weekly salary for doing nothing.

All of us amateur GMs need to look further than seeing the guy give up a home run last night.

hes wasting a roster spot and needs to go....hes the worst pitcher on the team...simple math

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and he's still better than Mark Melancon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Yes, the latest in a lamentably long list of lame lamentations.

Have we now had a post demanding we RELEASE every player?  Certainly, we've seen the must RELEASE for Salty, Drew, Iggy, Gomes, Dempster, Lackey, Doubront, Bailey, Miller, and a must TRADE for just about every else.

Sorry Bri, this one is lame.  A smart person doesn't ditch everything that has not worked out perfectly, they simply make the most of what they have.

'Nuff said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

just dont use him in 1 run games

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

John Wasdin was better than Mark Melancon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree, stan17, Stan Jonathan was a better fighter than Milan Lucic...oh, no he did ent

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to candre99's comment:

just dont use him in 1 run games

I would still be nervous if Bailey came in with a 3-run lead.   LOL

Bailey needs to be sent down and work on whatever it is. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree, stan17, Stan Jonathan was a better fighter than Milan Lucic...oh, no he did ent

Lol, Stan was truly amazing, he took on anyone. I got to meet him several times as a teen and he always had time for fans.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Melancon has been incredible this year - that's the trade I wish we could have back.  You guys look less informed with every post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Of all the options, releasing him would be the stupidest thing to do.  As Stan said, he was fine until he had the biceps problem. 

Giving him an outright release means they have to keep paying him for doing nothing.

He's virtually untradeable because right now he has no value.  No GM in his right mind is going to give the Sox anything for him.

He pitched "his game" to the first two batters, challenging and striking out Reyes and Bautista.  Then he made his mistake when he challenged Encarnarcion - one of the best hitters in MLB.  Giving up a HR to Encarnacion isn't a crime - lots of pitchers have done it - and it's not a reason to release him.

I thought he showed good progress last night.  That's not to say that I'd put him in a one or two run game again - I wouldn't.  But I'd keep him with the parent club, work on what may be wrong with his game, and give him a couple of more appearances in 4 or 5 run games and with someone else up and ready. 

If that doesn't work out, THEN you send him down.  There's too much money tied up in this guy and he has too much potential to just cut him loose when he may be salvageable.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Unfortunately, I think Bailey will likely never be a useful pitcher for the Red Sox again-ever.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Well the good thing is we only gave up Josh Reddick for him.

Wow Reddick is horrible.

Bailey isn't going to get released.  

People around here are kind of amazing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Lol relax Frances, Melancon has had a very good season so far but he was utterly awful w/ the Sox. He is a National league pitcher pure and simple. He has a .23 ERA in the NL and a .58 ERA in the AL. In his one season in Boston he had a .62 ERA, he was terrible here, bottomline so the Red Sox decided to move on 

Melancon has been incredible this year - that's the trade I wish we could have back.  You guys look less informed with every post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

If Middlebrooks needed to be sent down to work on things, why isnt bailey? Interesting double standards....then again Middlebrooks wasnt traded for by Blundering Ben so its literally going to take four/five more implosions before Bailey comes down with a phantom injury, like that other great ben pitching acquisition/Clay mort

As always - 100% correct!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Well the good thing is we only gave up Josh Reddick for him.

Wow Reddick is horrible.

Bailey isn't going to get released.  

People around here are kind of amazing.

you make a lot of sense - lets keep bailey becaise Reddick is having a bad year...meanwhile Aceves is literally wasting on the bench while this salami takes up valuable roster space and ben plays yo yo with the roster

Sections
Shortcuts