RELEASE HIM!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: RELEASE HIM!!!

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

and he's still better than Mark Melancon

John Wasdin was better than Mark Melancon.

Melancon has been incredible this year - that's the trade I wish we could have back.  You guys look less informed with every post.

That assumes he could pitch in Boston.  He has talent, but had the same 'deer in the headlights' look in both Boston and NY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Well the good thing is we only gave up Josh Reddick for him.

Wow Reddick is horrible.

Bailey isn't going to get released.  

People around here are kind of amazing.

you make a lot of sense - lets keep bailey becaise Reddick is having a bad year...meanwhile Aceves is literally wasting on the bench while this salami takes up valuable roster space and ben plays yo yo with the roster

This is the life cycle of the RELEASE threads.  We've already had several RELEASE threads on Aceves.  Now the threads have moved onto RELEASE xxx and replace him with the previous guy y'all had on RELEASE.

The next time Aceves has a bad outing and is picked up by Bailey, you'll want Aceves released because Bailey can do the job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Exactly Joeb, the Sox gave Melancon lots of chances he just couldn't cut it here.

In response to dannycater's comment:

and he's still better than Mark Melancon

John Wasdin was better than Mark Melancon.

Melancon has been incredible this year - that's the trade I wish we could have back.  You guys look less informed with every post.

That assumes he could pitch in Boston.  He has talent, but had the same 'deer in the headlights' look in both Boston and NY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Wow Reddick is horrible.

you make a lot of sense - lets keep bailey becaise Reddick is having a bad year...meanwhile Aceves is literally wasting on the bench while this salami takes up valuable roster space and ben plays yo yo with the roster

Reddick only had one good year, other than that he has been horrible.

I thought this thread was about releasing Bailey?

It isn't going to happen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Wow Reddick is horrible.

This is the life cycle of the RELEASE threads.  We've already had several RELEASE threads on Aceves.  Now the threads have moved onto RELEASE xxx and replace him with the previous guy y'all had on RELEASE.

The next time Aceves has a bad outing and is picked up by Bailey, you'll want Aceves released because Bailey can do the job.

Well exactly.

The hysteria on this board is laughable.  A guy doesn't go from closer to released in two weeks. It doesn't happen.

Aceves is a starter now anyway.  I don't get the point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Middlebrooks needed to be sent down to work on things, why isnt bailey? Interesting double standards....then again Middlebrooks wasnt traded for by Blundering Ben so its literally going to take four/five more implosions before Bailey comes down with a phantom injury, like that other great ben pitching acquisition/Clay mort

As always - 100% correct!

Bailey has been bad, but Blundering Ben?  Doesn't a 49-33 record indicate that overall he did a pretty good job assembling this team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Middlebrooks needed to be sent down to work on things, why isnt bailey? Interesting double standards....then again Middlebrooks wasnt traded for by Blundering Ben so its literally going to take four/five more implosions before Bailey comes down with a phantom injury, like that other great ben pitching acquisition/Clay mort

He has to go through waivers first. Someone would pick him up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

To Bailey's credit, he looked good for the first two batters he faced, then left up that fastball to the third ( Encarnacion- to whom he definitely should not have ). I think he's still useful, but w/ a bigger lead. I value him as a 7th Inn Relief pitcher when we have a 3 run lead. He might have a 1-2-3 shutdown inning or give up a solo shot, then make a change. If he walks someone? Bring in Miller. Real short leash until proven otherwise. 

As far as the Bailey for Reddick trade, you still make that trade. It was a gamble for both teams. No regret there. 

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Bailey has been bad, but Blundering Ben?  Doesn't a 49-33 record indicate that overall he did a pretty good job assembling this team?

I'm convinced that a fair amount of posters don't care what our record is.  And that they'd be just as happy with last year's record, if that meant we could get rid of half the team.  There are still posters that will defend Valentine to their dying breath, and excoriate Theo for not re-signing Bay and VMart, or for not signing guys like Tex.

Seriously, there are several posters that are far more unhappy now than they were last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

To Bailey's credit, he looked good for the first two batters he faced, then left up that fastball to the third ( Encarnacion- to whom he definitely should not have ). I think he's still useful, but w/ a bigger lead. I value him as a 7th Inn Relief pitcher when we have a 3 run lead. He might have a 1-2-3 shutdown inning or give up a solo shot, then make a change. If he walks someone? Bring in Miller. Real short leash until proven otherwise. 

In theory this does seem like the best course of action right now.  However, the potential problem with this is that you can go through a fairly long stretch of games without that perfect scenario coming up.  And meanwhile Bailey is taking up one of the precious 7 bullpen spots and other guys like Uehara and Tazawa are getting maxed out.  It's a difficult situation for Farrell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In theory this does seem like the best course of action right now.  However, the potential problem with this is that you can go through a fairly long stretch of games without that perfect scenario coming up.  And meanwhile Bailey is taking up one of the precious 7 bullpen spots and other guys like Uehara and Tazawa are getting maxed out.  It's a difficult situation for Farrell.

I am sure Farrel is happy that Bailey is one of his  guys in the pen. Does anyone actually think that Webster is better than Bailey simply because Bailey has gottern hammered as of late?

if so that is frightening

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm convinced that a fair amount of posters don't care what our record is.  And that they'd be just as happy with last year's record, if that meant we could get rid of half the team.  There are still posters that will defend Valentine to their dying breath, and excoriate Theo for not re-signing Bay and VMart, or for not signing guys like Tex.

Seriously, there are several posters that are far more unhappy now than they were last year.

I don't know if you were lucky enough to read the classic post by BOSOX1941 on a recent game thread.  He actually said, and I am not exaggerating this in the least, that it was better to be losing games with Valentine than to be winning games with buffoons like Francona and Farrell.  I think it was one of the most amazing things I've seen yet on one of these message boards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I don't know if you were lucky enough to read the classic post by BOSOX1941 on a recent game thread.  He actually said, and I am not exaggerating this in the least, that it was better to be losing games with Valentine than to be winning games with buffoons like Francona and Farrell.  I think it was one of the most amazing things I've seen yet on one of these message boards.

and that's saying something...

I was one of the lucky ones  to read it. I actually had to read it twice, to make sure I got it right. and sure enough.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Not really. A 3, 4, 5 run lead. They have a top run producing offense. I see it thr other way too. Say the Sox are losing and doubront only lasts 5 innings. You bring bailey in to see where he's at. Maybe you get a quality 6th inning from him. If not, oh well, they were already losing. I like Miller-Tazawa-Uehara anyway. Remember no team's BP is perfect. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

As far as the Bailey for Reddick trade, you still make that trade. It was a gamble for both teams. No regret there. 

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank"

He looked good for the first two batters? And Lester looked good for the first six innings?

Those examples remind me of a relevant saying: "Its not the fall that hurts, its the sudden stop at the bottom". All the batters and all the innings count.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Bailey's last clean inning was on April 24. 

Notin is beside himself no doubt - another one of Ben's blunders that he just can't part with. Last time I checked he was traded for to close - not implode in the middle innings...maybe he can catch the Mort Clay virus and disappear forever...

Seriously why would anyone defend this lousy pitcher at all given his disasterous run with the Sox and injury history?

That is a fairly stupid assessment of what I said.

I know it is hard to belive, but MLB teams do NOT operate on the "He had a bad month - RELEASE HIM" mentality, and for a good reason.

And they also do not hold on to players because of whom they gave up to acquire them.   

While neither of us know what it takes to run an MLB franchise, your perception strikes me as being about as far from reality one can get...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Notin is beside himself no doubt - another one of Ben's blunders that he just can't part with. Last time I checked he was traded for to close - not implode in the middle innings...maybe he can catch the Mort Clay virus and disappear forever...

Seriously why would anyone defend this lousy pitcher at all given his disasterous run with the Sox and injury history?

That is a fairly stupid assessment of what I said.

I know it is hard to belive, but MLB teams do NOT operate on the "He had a bad month - RELEASE HIM" mentality, and for a good reason.

And they also do not hold on to players because of whom they gave up to acquire them.   

While neither of us know what it takes to run an MLB franchise, your perception strikes me as being about as far from reality one can get...

You said the exact same thing about Mortenson - that he was a good pitcher with just a few bad outings...and now he's been released...you and Ben literally have to be hit with a two by four to know when someone is done...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

He won't be released. But, the one thing that bugs me about Bailey is he's a high-ball pitcher. Just about everything he throws, even his breaking ball, is up.

When high-ball pitchers get hit, the ball goes a long way. He needs serious velocity or movement or location to offset that.

His records says he's fixable.

We'll see.

-Daf.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Last night when he came in (bad idea!) he immediately left his first two pitches up over the middle of the plate. He was begging for someone to hit one out.

He didn't have to wait long ...

Sections
Shortcuts