Release Theo - Bring back Duquette!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Release Theo - Bring back Duquette!

Dan as usual knows his baseball. Sox never should have aquired Crawford and Lackey was never very good at Fenway. That's enough for me to make the move - release Theo and sign up the Duke for a second run.

Dan's worst moments were normally tied to how many bottom tier players he would run in and out of the gate each year, but the one thing he excelled at was acquiring top talent.  Let us not forget 1995 either before the rules changed, he had Appier, Sosa, and Wettland all agreeing to come to Boston. I am convinced without payroll limits Dan will serve us well. 

Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Release Theo - Bring back Duquette!

It's not going to happen.  Part of the reason Duquette was released and never got another GM job was that he became mentally unbalanced, probably from the stress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

really? true? Interesting and too bad. I would like him to have gotten another job... same for Theo. I hope Theo really does get another job.  Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AND DO WHAT, ANSWER TO LARRY LUCKYANO ???  I DON'T THINK SO !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol true dat Bill-806

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

HA!  I remember the day he was fired/released!  Got a call from my girlfriend telling me to turn on Channel 4 b/c Dukie was CRYING on television, lol!

No way he comes back.  I'd slit my own wrists.  Those were the dark days... of benadryl induced private eye investigations into Mo Vaughn's extracurricular habits, of John Valentin's blown-out knees, of 'ol Butchy Hobson and Roger goin at it...

Whatever his baseball creds are, I don't want to go back to that dark time.  Please, please, don't do that to us! Lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol. Those were the days my friend, those were the days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think Duquette could be useful in a lesser capacity.  He did have a knack for making the smaller trade (Tek/Lowe) and finding value in the bargain basement bin (Wakefield, O'Leary), and some good drafts (Valentin) and THE GREATEST TRADE IN RED SOX HISTORY (for Pedro) - he kinda has a little Billy Beane in him.....I'd still keep Theo but again, in a lesser capacity.......perhaps head of scouting/player development.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Burito -  I no longer come around here very often because of threads like this one.  I thought you were one of the more wiser posters here too?  Shows how much the mentality of the Sox fans have fallen.  Much like our team.

Lackey?  Maybe not, to a point.  A decent pitcher (before coming to the Sox), but should have been signed for a little less.

But, Crawford?  As I posted in a comment section......... there wasn't a person in the universe that expected Crawford to drop the way he did this past year (except for you of course).   He was consistantly good for several straight years, no decline in any facet of his game, etc.

Yes, he has been a mystery this year.  So far, a major bust.  But, to blame Theo for not seeing this coming is ridiculous.  I am sure that you were as thrilled as everyone else was when the signing was first made.  Nobody had any clue he would suddenly just fall a part.  Can't blame Theo on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If you think I am actually asking for DUQUETTE to return you would be wrong. Its just a thread to make conversation - and talk about the past and how the Duke might run this current team. If you just want rah-rah and facts that is what box scores and team home pages are for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

For the record I only brought it up because Dan was on the radio the other day so he is relevant to this week in baseball.