Relievers will not cost picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Relievers will not cost picks

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/teams-signing-type-a-relievers-wont-forfeit-picks.html

Now that it appears that type A relievers will not cost a pick, it may be a little more likely that we go after a closer. If so who would you want that to be? The top three seem to be F Rodriguez H Bell and R Madson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Relievers will not cost picks

IMO it is more about length of contract when it comes to a name closer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I voted for Bell but would really rather they sign Nathan,Lidge and a solid lefty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Madson.  I worry about Bell and how much his ERA and WHIP goes up in Fenway, and under the pressure of a pennant race.  Madson is a bit more proven on both fronts.

All the more reason for the Sox to fill the rotation from within, with Bard and Aceves, and build a new bullpen.  The cost just went down, and Aceves and Bard both have the potential to pitch as well as CJ Wilson, and at a cost that would allow them to sign 3 or 4 name pitchers from the current crop of FA relievers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

In Response to Re: Relievers will not cost picks:
    [QUOTE]Madson.  I worry about Bell and how much his ERA and WHIP goes up in Fenway, and under the pressure of a pennant race.  Madson is a bit more proven on both fronts. All the more reason for the Sox to fill the rotation from within, with Bard and Aceves, and build a new bullpen.  The cost just went down, and Aceves and Bard both have the potential to pitch as well as CJ Wilson, and at a cost that would allow them to sign 3 or 4 name pitchers from the current crop of FA relievers.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]
    I have to agree that Bell could be bad in Fenway but he will probably cost the least money and years. And Madson is not a proven closer only having closed for one year. If we r looking for an established closer its k-rod but Madson could definitely be the best choice
    And yes giving Bard and Aceves a chance in the rotation could work out very well for the Red Sox

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

This makes Ben's life much easier. At least the Phillies still signed Pap before the decision was made, and therefore they still have to give us their first-rounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This is great...we still get two picks for Paps but now we can go out and sign a Bell without losing ANY picks.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The bull-pen should be the Sox number one priority, which is good and bad. No position on the team has as many variables, and pitchers, at least those leading to the closer have up and down seasons. There is someone out there who will be this years Aceves, but their is also too many Jenks clones hanging around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Heath Bell is near signing with "an unknown team," according to this tweet from Jim Bowden of the MLB Network:

http://twitter.com/#!/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/142106358337114112

MLB Trade Rumors notes that the Red Sox have shown an interest in Bell:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/heath-bell-nearing-deal-.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Would the deal Heath Bell is nearing by any chance be related to getting a good price at Old Country Buffet?

(Yes, I am going to keep doing "Heath Bell is fat jokes" until I exhaust them all. Every single one.  No Price Fielder jokes, however, just Heath Bell...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Heath Bell is off the table. He signed with the Marlins.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-marlins/sfl-miami-marlins-sign-heath-bell-20111201,0,530933.story

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I choose Bard.

Sections
Shortcuts