remdog and family.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

remdog and family.

to the remy family.i pray that the holy spirit and your angels protect you in

the sacred white light of the lord .we will pray for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: remdog and family.

Good thought.  I cannot imagine a worse situation.  As a father, I'd prefer to spend the rest of my life in prison than to have my son do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

All three of his children have had trouble with the law.

Makes you wonder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

Makes you wonder.

The curse of wealth, and growing up without a dad around for a lot of time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Makes you wonder.

The curse of wealth, and growing up without a dad around for a lot of time.

Right on ...... I also think that might have been a facture. ....Really shocked... lost for words

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

Correction...this prayers should be going out to the Martel family, not the Remy's.

It was the Remy's who convinced the victim NOT to file the restraining order, promising her safety...sadly even the parents didn't know that their son was capable of committing this vicious crime...take a look at one of the side effects of steroids.

My guess is we've all seen the last of Jerry Remy on NESN and Sox broadcasts, as this crime not only killed an innocent girl, but the Remy family name as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

[QUOTE]

Correction...this prayers should be going out to the Martel family, not the Remy's.

It was the Remy's who convinced the victim NOT to file the restraining order, promising her safety...sadly even the parents didn't know that their son was capable of committing this vicious crime...take a look at one of the side effects of steroids.

My guess is we've all seen the last of Jerry Remy on NESN and Sox broadcasts, as this crime not only killed an innocent girl, but the Remy family name as well.

[/QUOTE]

How about not being a jerk and give prayers to both?

Of course prayers or thoughts, and condolences go to the Martel family, that should come without saying.  But most of us here grew up listening to Remy almost everyday, he's been in our life's and not them.  Negativity is systemic and going around trying to blame every person you can when tragedy strikes is the easy thing to do.  Why don't you try having heart and recognize that two families lost their children and add to the good in this world and not the systemic hate and negativity. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Sympathies should go out to both families.

Would the sentiments on this forum have been different if an anonymous 27-year-old woman had fatally stabbed Jerry Remy's son? Would the sympathies have been with the woman's family?

Allegiances with celebrities often color one's judgment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Would the sentiments on this forum have been different if an anonymous 27-year-old woman had fatally stabbed Jerry Remy's son? Would the sympathies have been with the woman's family?

excellent point - i didnt pray for the family of the killer of Amy Lord and im not doing do for the Remy family....there's only one victim in a murder....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I believe you're right many people here would think of it differently...doesn't change what's right/wrong.  only proves that people are biased and unaware of it.  Sympathys should go to both families, obviously maybe a bit more to the Martel because they had a life taken away but what Father thinks his son is capable of murder when every day on earth up to that point his son had never committed it.  I'll never understand why when tragedy strikes people look for as many people as possible to blame.  It's a waste of energy if you ask me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

We should pray for all involved.

We should pray for the martel family for the loss of their daughter.

We should pray for the daughter's soul.

We should pray for the remy family.  I don't believe jerry raised his son to be a murderer.  He and his wife must be in a great deal of pain.

We should pray for jerry's son.  Pray that he repents of his sin so he too can die in a state of grace.  

Yes, we don't often think of praying for the attacker's family but in this case we kind of 'know' jerry because he has been coming into our home for many years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

That's a beautiful prayer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Remy has been prosecuted at least 14 times in Waltham court since 1998, according to Waltham District Court records. At least one of those cases involved a third woman he is accused of assaulting.

Didn't need Nostradamus to see this one coming. Maybe those who want to pray might pray that he spends the rest of his life in prison, so he won't kill anyone else (outside of prison, that is ...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's Jerry Remy's statement about the murder:

https://twitter.com/Jerry_Remy/status/368819945322196992/photo/1

"When this you see, remember me, and bear me in your mind. Let all the world say what they may,speak of me as you find."   - Brian Jones epitaph 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to den666's comment:

Remy has been prosecuted at least 14 times in Waltham court since 1998, according to Waltham District Court records. At least one of those cases involved a third woman he is accused of assaulting.

Didn't need Nostradamus to see this one coming. Maybe those who want to pray might pray that he spends the rest of his life in prison, so he won't kill anyone else (outside of prison, that is ...)

Of course he should spend the rest of his life in prison but we can still pray for his repentence.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

Makes you wonder.

yeah, lousy genes... and bad parenting! pretty much says it all.

Good job Jerry...

Expect that isnt really the case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

quote.....

the "sacred white light"?.. Pray for the Remy Family??

Where was the Sacred white light BEFORE the poor woman was murdered with a knife?

you also forgot to pray for the little girl who is now motherless and Fatherless..

"the sacred white light" my &%$^.... everyone wants to pray after the fact,

I say let this "white light" show his face before these henious acts are committed..

let's keep the religion out of it, you can go to church or wherever you feel good about yourself, 

I just go about my day NOT KILLING people and helping as I can

You have the right to deal with this tragedy any way you want as we have the right to pray for the situation without being offended by those who don't believe.  Religious freedom is still a right in this country, at least for now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Steroid abuse is easy to spot.  To bad no one ever intervenes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Framing it as sympathies towards one family vs. the other is the wrong way to look at it, I think. I feel beyond horrible for BOTH families in this case, and I don't think I'd feel differently if the roles were reversed. 

One set of parents lost a child to a murder...the other has to live with the knowledge that their child was responsible for a murder. Two very different forms of hell, but hell nonetheless. I cannot begin to fathom what either of these families are going through right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Who among us does not have a screw-up brother, child, uncle, sister, whatever!?????  Who among us ever thinks said "screw-up" is going to KILL SOMEONE???? 

NONE OF US!!!!

Do we all know they are capable of doing something crazy?   SURE!   

Blatantly violent?

None of us!

That being said........    He had been violent!

That's the time ALL CO-Dependance should end!  No more help until that relative gets SERIOUS HELP!  

In retrospect.....  That's where the TWO FAMILIES failed this young woman!!!!!   The Remys never  should have asked her family to drop the ?????   Charges, restraining order, .....  Whatever it was........  & her family was (in retrospect) foolish for not pushing her toward whatever it took to keep him behind bars!  It's very sad, as both families will be forced to live with that for the rest of their lives.  God!!!   How incredibly sad!!!!  Who knows????   We may find that she was pushing back against her own family's wishes to keep him locked up?  Either way.......   It seems that Jerry & family certainly made a tragic mistake in asking her & her family to back off?????  TRAGIC!!!!!!

What a needless tragedy!   A guy would have to hit my daughter ONCE before he was forced out of the picture!  PERIOD!  End of story!  NO EXCEPTIONS!  NO CHOICES!

Sections
Shortcuts