Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?

I was trying to figure out what was causing the Sox to start out tied with their worst record in their history. Who left the team since last year? Curse of Victor Martinez/ The curse of Adrian Beltre? I don’t think so. How about all the “experts” picking the Sox to win it all? No, other teams have been heavy favorites and still won the championship. But wait a minute, do you remember a certain moderator of a local beloved forum starting something exclusive at the start of the season. Yes, our own B.D.C. Dottie started the Private Group. So now we have the curse of the Private Group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?

In Response to Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?:
    I was trying to figure out what was causing the Sox to start out tied with their worst record in their history. Who left the team since last year? Curse of Victor Martinez/ The curse of Adrian Beltre? I don’t think so. How about all the “experts” picking the Sox to win it all? No, other teams have been heavy favorites and still won the championship. But wait a minute, do you remember a certain moderator of a local beloved forum starting something exclusive at the start of the season. Yes, our own B.D.C. Dottie started the Private Group. So now we have the curse of the Private Group.
    Posted by FRGL27Rings

The curse of Eric Ortiz  (employee of FSG, just as every RS player):

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/2011-red-sox-will-challenge-1927-yankees-for-title-of-greatest-team-in-major-league-history.html#comment-6a0115709f071f970b01538dddbc12970b

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?

Laughing Now that's funny!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

New Curse Of The Bambino? Red Sox Owner Decides To Fund Lucky Them
    From IBMB:

Sox owner John Henry and his wife Linda have decided to back Lucky Them, an indie about a music writer searching for her ex-boyfriend. She's on assignment but willing to track him down for the story, whatever lingering hard feelings might still be there. The picture was being produced by the late great Paul Newman, but after his death, longtime beloved wife Joanne Woodward stepped in. She.s already tapped Alec Baldwin, Marisa Tomei, Thomas Haden Church and Allison Janney to star, and production should begin before the year.s end. No word on who might play what, but once principal photography begins, these details should emerge. Almost one hundred years ago, former Boston Red Sox owner Harry Frazee sold baseball legend Babe Ruth to the hated Yankees to finance a Broadway play called My Lady Friends or No No Nanette, depending on which of the many urban legends you »

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Is it a curse or a perfect storm of poor play, and poor management decisions. Did Theo gamble too much by giving Saltalamacchia the starting catching position? Did Theo make a poor judgement in signing Lackey to a free agent contract? Is it time to say goodbye to Matsuzaka? And as far as the poor offense and pitching of some of the veterans, the blame lies right on their shoulders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Are you trying to figure out why you're a Yankee fan spending all his time on a Red Sox forum, yet?  That should be your main concern.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?:
    Posted by FRGL27Rings

How about the curse of frankie ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

There is no curse. I believe it's all the way to the World Series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?:
    In Response to Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one? : How about the curse of frankie ....
    Posted by SinceYaz

May God help us all if that is the case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Remember Shaughnessy’s The Curse of the Bambino? What do you want to call this one?:
    There is no curse. I believe it's all the way to the World Series.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-
    D#mn straight Edith.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

It's called the Self-Imposed Curse of the Entitled Cry-babies. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I figured the curse of frankie was fairly inconsequential. 

I am a committed beleiver we will be playing/celebrating in November. 

I haven't checked the schedule yet to be sure, but the Hunt for Red October actually extends just past the end of the month into November.  I will be glad to stand corrected.  About the dates.  I won't need to be corrected about the outcome!!!!  :o)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Curse of the francona.

Posted by FRGL27Rings

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

I figured the curse of frankie was fairly inconsequential.  I am a committed beleiver we will be playing/celebrating in November.  I haven't checked the schedule yet to be sure, but the Hunt for Red October actually extends just past the end of the month into November.  I will be glad to stand corrected.  About the dates.  I won't need to be corrected about the outcome!!!!  :o)  
    Posted by SinceYaz

Barring rainouts (or snow outs) the season will thankfully end in October.

You could still be celebrating in November, but I certainly hope that is not the case.

Sections
Shortcuts