1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Remember the Strasburg Decision? How did that work out for the Nats?

http://www.thenation.com/blog/170547/postmortem-now-infamous-and-indefensible-decision-sit-stephen-strasburg#

Lesson learned - Play your best players and take nothing for granted...there is no guarantee you will ever get back to where you think you should be, or will be.

If the Sox team leaves their best player in Spring Training behind for "control" it will be a idiotic decision...The people who argued for Rizzo's decision last year were proved wrong (100 games won for what???) and this Bradley decision is a no brainer as well...the problem is that Ben has no brains and the sheep here will carry the water for no matter what...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Remember the Strasburg Decision? How did that work out for the Nats?

In response to georom4's comment:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/170547/postmortem-now-infamous-and-indefensible-decision-sit-stephen-strasburg#

Lesson learned - Play your best players and take nothing for granted...there is no guarantee you will ever get back to where you think you should be, or will be.

If the Sox team leaves their best player in Spring Training behind for "control" it will be a idiotic decision...The people who argued for Rizzo's decision last year were proved wrong (100 games won for what???) and this Bradley decision is a no brainer as well...the problem is that Ben has no brains and the sheep here will carry the water for no matter what...

I'm assuming that you think this has something to do with Bradley Jr.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Your comparing 2 totally different situations. Strasburg's was about his future health, which was the smart thing to do by GM Rizzo in shutting him down. It shows that he actually cared about this kids health and I applaud him for that

If Bradley holds off for 2 weeks I hardly think that's going to make one bit of difference. Besides, aren't most fans calling this a .500 team? If so, then why the need to rush him to Boston? I mean, if they're going to finish 4th or 5th wouldn't it make sense to be able to have JBJ another year? This whole argument makes no sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the only thing that makes no sense is NOT PLAYING your best player for any reason other than injury...

not for FEAR of injury

not for economic reasons

not for for any reason....

beyond dumb

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

the only thing that makes no sense is NOT PLAYING your best player for any reason other than injury...

not for FEAR of injury

not for economic reasons

beyond dumb

So a guy one year out of college and a half season removed from A ball is our best player? Really? I mean I like Jackie Bradley Jr. a lot and have actually been following his career since my favorite team drafted him, but do you think you might be reaching just a little there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

not for FEAR of injury

not for economic reasons

beyond dumb

What makes you think JBJ is the best option when he has never played a real game at the MLB level?

Like I said, you have stated they are a .500 team, so why waste an extra year for nothing more than a mediocre team? What, you cant wait until April 12th? Beyond dumb is making a terrible business decision like that.

Either way, I'll be cheering for them like I always do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

So, let me understand this.  Jackie Bradley is hitting .444 after 3 weeks of ST games and he is now the best player on the team?

THAT is dumb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

So, let me understand this.  Jackie Bradley is hitting .444 after 3 weeks of ST games and he is now the best player on the team?

THAT is dumb.

Beyond dumb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

not for FEAR of injury

not for economic reasons

beyond dumb

Why do you think Jackie Bradley is the Red Sox' best player?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

Excellent post.

Let's get it from the horse's mouth. And let's all truthfully answer these questions:

In a session with reporters before Thursday night's game against the Philadelphia Phillies, Ben Cherington laid out the primary criteria he'll use when he makes that decision:

1. Will Bradley play every day?

2. Is Bradley ready to play every day in the major leagues?

3. What constitutes the best Red Sox team?

Yes left field; why not find out; Bradley playing left field in the Sox lineup.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

Asked about JBJ's service time, Cherington said, "Every year in Boston is important." (That could mean 2013 or 2019.) 2013 is what we're interested in. "

The Red Sox fans, not the bean counters at Yawkey way, are interested in playing playoff baseball in 2013. Put the best 25 men on the club. To heck with worrying about 2019.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to SallyCarnie's comment:

Asked about JBJ's service time, Cherington said, "Every year in Boston is important." (That could mean 2013 or 2019.) 2013 is what we're interested in. "

The Red Sox fans, not the bean counters at Yawkey way, are interested in playing playoff baseball in 2013. Put the best 25 men on the club. To heck with worrying about 2019.

I agree. We don't need no stinkin' bridge year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

I agree. We don't need no stinkin' bridge year.

LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Personally I try not to get agitated about things I have no control over, like the Bradley decision.  Maybe that makes me a sheep, but I don't feel too baaaaaad about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

Ben should worry about 1st base.    Mike Napoli tonight  fails to cover second on a bloop to shallow left field, allowing Rollins to advance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Ben should worry about 1st base.    Mike Napoli tonight  fails to cover second on a bloop to shallow left field, allowing Rollins to advance.

good thing its spring training. i bet that doesn't happen again.

so far, his defense at 1B has been an eye opener. in a good way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

So after one ST JBJ is the red sox best player?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

not for FEAR of injury

not for economic reasons

beyond dumb

beyond dumb is another Bradley thread

I realize I'm just doing this for personal gratification, but you exemplify the reason for the ignore button.  To be honest, I don't think I've EVER read anything worthwhile or positive in your posts.

Don't bother to reply because fortunately, like a divorce, the person who strikes first has the advantage.  So, I'll be spared the stupid remark that I'm sure you'll write.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Personally I try not to get agitated about things I have no control over, like the Bradley decision.  Maybe that makes me a sheep, but I don't feel too baaaaaad about it.

Good one.....LOL

Sections
Shortcuts