Remember this guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Remember this guy?

Jason Bay could sign with Japanese team

Greg Johns of MLB.com hears that Jason Bay could sign with the Yomiuri Giants of Japan's Central League.

Bay was released by the Mariners in August after he batted just .204/.298/.393 over 236 plate appearances. The 35-year-old is unlikely to find a guaranteed deal in the states at this point in his career, but he is apparently getting some interest overseas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Remember this guy?

yeah, now he's an annoying poster  Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL jeet

comedy is best when it has some  truth to it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"That SHIP has SAILED"  !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

thanks guys.....Frown

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL jeet

comedy is best when it has some  truth to it

[/QUOTE]LOL...well, idk about truth Zac, but i'm gettin outta here before J comes for my head :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sorry Jete.......missed the J-Bay poster connection..........but I suppose my post are still annoying Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

People dismiss Bay for his statistical cliff dive in his post-Sox career.  But, they overlook some key metrics:  His NGV (Nice Guy Vibe) % was off the charts from 2010 onward.  After posting a gaudy .825 with the Sox, and a Clubhouse+ 1.45, he went on to post a .925 and 1.65 with Mets.  Incredible considering it was The Mets, and his body was failing him.  Bay, statistically, may be the nicest guy to ever play the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry Jete.......missed the J-Bay poster connection..........but I suppose my post are still annoying Laughing

[/QUOTE] LOL..definitely didn't mean you Iceman :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

he was never good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Strike13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he was never good

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Strike.  You are going to have to provide a little something to substantiate a blanket claim like this.

I will go ahead and offer you a counter to your assertion:

2009 - .921 OPS, .537 slugging%, 119 RBIs, 36 HRs, .384 OBP, 13 SB to boot

I'll throw in years 2005-2008 just to reinforce that he was, in fact, good, but I will let you look up the stats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

he was never good

.....once he went to the Mets. He was before, and while, he was with Boston

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

SealedWink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

injuries just kept piling up for him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I wanted Theo to keep Bay but once he left, I wanted to go after Lackey and was glad when that happened....Looking back, if Bay doesn't leave (Because Theo scrutinized his med records) we don't get Lackey and are stuck w/ Bay and no WS this year.........remember that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I wanted Theo to keep Bay but once he left, I wanted to go after Lackey and was glad when that happened....Looking back, if Bay doesn't leave (Because Theo scrutinized his med records) we don't get Lackey and are stuck w/ Bay and no WS this year.........remember that!

[/QUOTE]

+1

Plus, we got Workman and Brentz as comp picks for Bay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If we didn't let Bay walk we also wouldn't of had Bryce Brentz and Brandon Workman. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

wow, Workman too - that's awesome.  No WS w/o him and Brentz - is he projected to be better than JBJ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it!!!

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha...it's all about the draft picks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

wow, Workman too - that's awesome.  No WS w/o him and Brentz - is he projected to be better than JBJ?

[/QUOTE]

He's more like a poor mans Will Middlebrooks.  He has plus power, but may never have the swing to be a starter.  his defense is average, strong arm but very average everything else.  he's probably Josh Reddick without the plus defense. 

JBJ is considered a GG caliber defender now, and his offensive ceiling is much higher, not the same power but his hit tool and on base skills should be much better than Brentz. 

My guess is Brentz is traded, either this winter or by the 2014 deadline. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's more like a poor mans Will Middlebrooks.  He has plus power, but may never have the swing to be a starter.  his defense is average, strong arm but very average everything else.  he's probably Josh Reddick without the plus defense. 

JBJ is considered a GG caliber defender now, and his offensive ceiling is much higher, not the same power but his hit tool and on base skills should be much better than Brentz. 

My guess is Brentz is traded, either this winter or by the 2014 deadline. 

[/QUOTE]

thanks

the key for JBJ is going to be his OBP.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

he was never good

.....once he went to the Mets. He was before, and while, he was with Boston

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I liked him when he was here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

injuries just kept piling up for him

[/QUOTE]

That's true. He was a good player. It's a shame that happened to him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK. But he did do a good job for us when he was here.

Sections
Shortcuts