Remember when Adam Dunn....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Remember when Adam Dunn....

Was one of the hot names for us to acquire?

Already 110 Ks.

.166 BA

8 HRs

I know he could turn it all around in the 2nd half ... but can you imagine what we would be doing to him if he'd signed here?

Ouch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFGlouc. Show FFGlouc's posts

Re: Remember when Adam Dunn....

My good friend SinceYaz, a legend in his own mind, 3 literary masterpieces today? WOW! This site is graced by our own literary genius, whose prolific essays are the creation of a fertile mind not seen in this country since Will Rogers and Mark Twain. Bravo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im glad they didnt go near him Yaz..way too much money for him..too many K's for me...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

based on theo blunder's free agent history, it is remarkable that he didn't sign dunn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Remember when Adam Dunn....:
    Im glad they didnt go near him Yaz..way too much money for him..too many K's for me...
    Posted by southpaw777

I had shivers when folks here mentioned him.  Then I heard the baseball talking heads on ESPN talk about him as an option. The HR record for 4 years running was great but the rest made me very nervous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

My good friend SinceYaz, a legend in his own mind, 3 literary masterpieces today? WOW! This site is graced by our own literary genius, whose prolific essays are the creation of a fertile mind not seen in this country since Will Rogers and Mark Twain. Bravo!
    Posted by FFGlouc

Ahh, my good friend Frankie.  The author of dozens of posts at a time, I'm almost honoured that you would take note of my few moments at the keyboard.

:o)

I have a day off from my day job and thus I am enjoying this time.  My honey-do list is finished.  I have no more porch to re-level, dishes to wash, catnip to clip for the kittens, underarms to scrub so that I won't offend fellow movie goers this evening when the good wife and I attend a cinema and raid a Chinese restaraunt,  ... I may however pedal down to the flower shoppe for 3 dozen roses for the lady who has put up with me for the last 36 years. 

How's summer in Glouster?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Dunn was an option, but I don't recall him as a hot topic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

The thought of Dunn playing in the field scares me to death, but had we needed a DH, I would have been happy if the Red Sox picked him up. 

Yes, he can strike out with the best of them, but he also takes his fair share of walks and he has amazing HR power.  I don't think anyone foresaw the magnitude of his struggles this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Dunn was an option, but I don't recall him as a hot topic.
    Posted by harness

Don't recall him being a hot topic, my friend.  Just an option mentioned a few times.  I took the time to pull up his stats ...I think after a baseball show where he was mentioned with some very positive remarks.

Primary thought was, "If we are unhappy with Papi struggling at a level that is near this guy's LIFETIME numbers (walks not included), how is it possible we'd be happy with him?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

1.)The thought of Dunn playing in the field scares me to death,

2.) but had we needed a DH, I would have been happy if the Red Sox picked him up. 

3.)Yes, he can strike out with the best of them, but he also takes his fair share of walks and he has amazing HR power. 

4.) I don't think anyone foresaw the magnitude of his struggles this year.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

1.)  Yes ... and he was playing the field in the NL, obviously.

2.)  Maybe ... would have been better than some weak hitter.

3.)  The walks may have made some feel better.  After all, we are used to looking at players who work the pitch count.

Maybe if we saw the power early and often enough, he would not get skewered.

BTW, homered last night.

4.)  Agreed ...has to be very frustrating for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I was a Dunn booster, and believe he'll end up closer to his "career median average", whatever that is. An advantage to his signing was we would have a DH who could play in NL parks as a 1B. I suspect his Fenway results would be better than the 3 month Chicago slump he's been in. He's still young and the Chi-Sox will be counting on him to contend, and yes, he's heating up lately.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I was one of those who would have loved to see Dunn in a Red Sox uniform (at least to DH), as through his career he's been pretty much a guarantee for 40 homers, 100 RBI, and around a .900 OPS every year.

But...The AL has not been kind to Dunn so far, that's for sure. His track record suggests he'll be a lot better than he is now (the same benefit of the doubt I give Crawford currently), but then I've been wrong before. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Anybody notice Jayson Werth's stats.

He's down to .219 with 10 HR and 31 RBIs -- a pace for barely 20 and 60.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Roy,

The PTI guys were kinda picking on Werth yesterday ... Tony kept on saying "But what about my intangibles?"   in their role playing segment.  I think it was yesterday ...

Anyway, looks like all three of these signings have yet to produce the intended end result.  Carl WAS doing much better after his terrible start ... hope he can pick it back up on the other side of the DL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I was a Dunn booster, and believe he'll end up closer to his "career median average", whatever that is. An advantage to his signing was we would have a DH who could play in NL parks as a 1B.I suspect his Fenway results would be better than the 3 month Chicago slump he's been in. He's still young and the Chi-Sox will be counting on him to contend, and yes, he's heating up lately.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Disagree Youk. While Fenway is a hitters park, Dunn has the power to hit any ball out in any park. I'd say the contract he signed had the same affect on him that Bay's had, or Crawford's...

The pressure in Boston  outweighs that of Chicago. Ask jenks.

Sections
Shortcuts