Remember When........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Remember When........

..... Victor Martinez was wanting 4 yrs/$50M. I wonder how many on this forum who are ok with giving Napoli and Victorinox $13M/yr, were against paying Vmart 12.5M?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Remember When........

Why would we pay VMart 12.5 million when we didn't need a DH?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but we did need a catcher. Everyone thought Salty was the heir apparent to Tek.

Yeah, that's worked out well. Besides Vmart could also play 1B, which we do not have right now, unless you count Naps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Hey that was Theo's team!!

Move on!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I miss VMart.  And it was Theo chickened out on VMart who ran out by the way.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But look at Theo of the Cubs.  Heard that the Cubs have $$$ to spend on free agency, and what he have done so far?  Nothing.  Guess Larry L. was the one helped him to build a better team from day one of Theo's job to the end of last year.  

Now Theo have no clue on how to build a better team for the Cubs.  Poor Cubs fans!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Move on!!

[/QUOTE]

Who was the Asst. GM?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Move on!!

[/QUOTE]

Who was the Asst. GM?

[/QUOTE]

i dont see you and your possey of dumb friends blaming Biden.. just "THE BIG O"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

..... Victor Martinez was wanting 4 yrs/$50M. I wonder how many on this forum who are ok with giving Napoli and Victorinox $13M/yr, were against paying Vmart 12.5M?

[/QUOTE]

Last time Victor Martinez played, mike Napoli posted a 1.046OPS with 30HRs.  If you are going to hold Napoli's 2012 against him, why not Martinez?

As it turns out, by the way, Martinez was an injury risk and will never be a catcher again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was me.  Thanks for allowing me to say I told you so.  He's played 26 games at catcher in 2 years, with a total of 12 HRs.  In the same time frame, Salty has hit 41 HRs.  Odd too to have to say this, since I like VMart and don't care for Salty, but you're absolutely right, VMart was a terrible signing for Detroit.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember when the movies cost 25 cents?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loved Victor and was sorry to see him go.  This is when theo really lost it.  Instead of signing paying players who proved they could play in fenway full time, he goes out and signs CC who was a repeat of hulio lugo.

[/QUOTE]

I liked VMart too, but Theo was spot on in letting him go.  He is a DH/1B with limited power.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but we did need a catcher. Everyone thought Salty was the heir apparent to Tek.

Yeah, that's worked out well. Besides Vmart could also play 1B, which we do not have right now, unless you count Naps.

[/QUOTE]

Salty had the most home runs since Carlton Fisk for the Sox, Nap is starting 1stman. Saltamacchia in 859 AB for the Sox has 41 HR runs that is good for a catcher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

VMart is a DH. He's not a better talent than Ortiz. Red Sox management is so incmpetent it turns around and does something it says didn't make sense a few years ago.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Sections
Shortcuts