Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

on the mlb.tv feed when the game came back on at the top of the 4th they were showing mike lowell waving, and remy says "he threw out the first pitch and now this" "go home".. then he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" i'm pretty sure they didnt know the mics were live at that point

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

In Response to Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    [QUOTE]on the mlb.tv feed when the game came back on at the top of the 4th they were showing mike lowell waving, and remy says "he threw out the first pitch and now this" "go home".. then he said "talk about an arrogant athlete"
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Was he being sarcastic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Mike Lowell seems like the nicest guy in sports. Was he kidding? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

to be honest with you im not sure.. don was laughing durring it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

heres a link to it
    http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-open-mic-catches-jerry-remy-calling-mike-lowell-an-arrogant-athlete/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]on the mlb.tv feed when the game came back on at the top of the 4th they were showing mike lowell waving, and remy says "he threw out the first pitch and now this" "go home".. then he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" i'm pretty sure they didnt know the mics were live at that point
    wouldnt shock me, remy seems to hide a very dark heart below all his phoney baloney exterior, always with the sarcastic comments

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i agree i think remy does have a dark side to him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Busted

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I know it is sacrosanct to be negative about Lowell as a person but I thought he handled his last year poorly.  He was in no way fit to play but complained about not being in the line-up.  I must admit I don't know any details of his charity work which I assume must get press I haven't seen.  I would not be surprised if Remy's assessment has some truth to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Remy's just jealous.

Wasn't half the player Lowell was.

Didn't make a tenth of the money.

Doesn't get to throw out first pitches.

Grumpy old bum. Go take some more money from Ace Ticket.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i dont think remy has been the same since he was ill.. i say they bring back eck

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Well me thinks Remdawg has got some 'splaining to do!!

I listened to the clip more than once and it certainly sounded like Remy was serious with those comments.

These comments come a night after Lowell was in the booth with both Remy and Orsillo and they acted like they were best pals! Sometimes you never know what goes on when the mics are not on.

But were these comments an indictment on Lowell or Remy's true personalities??

Time will tell - or not!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    [QUOTE]Remy's just jealous. Wasn't half the player Lowell was. Didn't make a tenth of the money. Doesn't get to throw out first pitches. Grumpy old bum. Go take some more money from Ace Ticket.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Not to mention "didn't win a World Series MVP."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Didn't sound serious to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

not much of a rem fan, but hard to tell, comments could be affectionate, could be spiteful

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

remy should at least apologize over these remarks even if they were meant in jest

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

When I watched it, I thought it was even worse.  I thought Remy was talking about the kid.

It was interesting that Orsillo laughed almost to confirm what Remy just said.  Major professional faux pas by Remy no matter what the truth is.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]on the mlb.tv feed when the game came back on at the top of the 4th they were showing mike lowell waving, and remy says "he threw out the first pitch and now this" "go home".. then he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" i'm pretty sure they didnt know the mics were live at that point

He was joking.   Remy thinks Lowell is awesome.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

He was joking

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I tend to think so, too, London. I think he was referring to how guys who throw first pitches usually split immediately, and Lowell was hanging around. At least I think that's it ... but as someone mentioned earlier, he should probably say that now that this is out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : No, he wasn't joking. UR the joke.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Thoose two laugh like there watching a comedy most games about b.s like superhero costumes and hair brushes, a game doesn't go by without them giggling like two schoolgirls

p.s

how did you know I was a joke

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]I tend to think so, too, London. I think he was referring to how guys who throw first pitches usually split immediately, and Lowell was hanging around. At least I think that's it ... but as someone mentioned earlier, he should probably say that now that this is out there.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

yes your a man of reason

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]heres a link to it http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-open-mic-catches-jerry-remy-calling-mike-lowell-an-arrogant-athlete/

Timothy Burke posted the video on his blog at 8:37 pm and SoxPatsfan08 did his OP at 8:28 pm which was nine minutes earlier. Are you Timothy Burke and trying to promote your blog? Did you go searching for proof after you saw it on TV and then just happen to luck out and find Timothy Burkes blog. Is there a job waiting for you at the Enquirer for raking up muck? Do you ever post here on other topics?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Thoose two laugh like there watching a comedy most games about b.s like superhero costumes and hair brushes, a game doesn't go by without them giggling like two schoolgirls p.s how did you know I was a joke
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

Because you thought Remy was joking.
    Just listen to the video. He thought he was off the air, and gave himself away.
    Don't confuse this with their in-game banter, which is humorous.

This was anything but.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The other day Sheriff Rojas just happened to catch this during the game on the Timothy Burke blog. Soxpatsfan08 and the Sheriff must monitor this blog instead of watching the game.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-red-sox-fan-gets-grabby-with-girlfriend-sends-announcers-into-hysterics/