Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    Harness, explain how backside catching keeps dung off the bat?
    Posted by billbyboy

I think this post is misplaced. What does it have to do with this thread? Or any thread?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Banning and censorship is the mission of the NYT's.
    Posted by billbyboy

Yet they leak the Papi story at such an opportune time...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I didn't watch the game closely but I vaguely remember they asked him if he was interested in doing TV, as in jobs like theirs. I think he said something to the effect that he didn't want to because the pay wasn't that good. If I heard that correctly maybe they were alluding to that some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I didn't watch the game closely but I vaguely remember they asked him if he was interested in doing TV, as in jobs like theirs. I think he said something to the effect that he didn't want to because the pay wasn't that good. If I heard that correctly maybe they were alluding to that some.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

I actually think they made a joke about that in tonight's game.  But he did say he wouldn't want to watch one team all the time. I like nothing better than watching one team all the time, so maybe it's just my point of view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Yet they leak the Papi story at such an opportune time...
    Posted by harness

They did the same with Colon; they're Equal Opportunity Leakers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moon as always just trying to give you a hard time. Your always above all of that, and I respect you for it.

I do not get to listen to Eck filling in, though  always liked him on the after game with NESN. He is one cool cat and seems all fans love to listen to him. I can see Remy sort of rubbing a minority of fans the wrong way, though I know many people enjoy his work too.

Wasn't it great that year Eck came back to finish his career here? He pitched in 50 games, did alright too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Wow, professional athtlets are arrogant, that's news? That's why I come to these threads, because anonymous posters aren't; it's very refreshing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Has anyone forwarded this scandal to Rupert Murdoch?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Orsillo spouts statistics the entire game.  Remy is lazy and after the first few innings he is bored. The bases can be loaded in a key situation and Orsillo is giving statistics about what the pitcher did in 2007 in AA ball.

They are horrible at setting up a situation, never give scores, never offer an opinion at what the batter or pitcher is trying to do.  Rarely tell you if the infielders are at double-play depth or playing in.  I don't care if they hydrated after the game or they had trouble getting to their hotel room or renting a car.
    They are not the game.

They are lazy and incompetent and amateur comedians at best.  I get Direct TV and listen to the opposing teams broadcasters a lot.  John Henry should pay attention to these clowns because they represent him and the Red Sox.
    Hire Eckersly and find a play-by-play man, please not Tim Curran.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    on the mlb.tv feed when the game came back on at the top of the 4th they were showing mike lowell waving, and remy says "he threw out the first pitch and now this" "go home".. then he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" i'm pretty sure they didnt know the mics were live at that point
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

I don't think that was sarcasm. "What an arrogant athlete, God." Sounds like a real criticism to me. What was the rift between those two at one point? They surely didn't know the microphones were on. Too obvious. Maybe it's because he was drafted by the Yanks years ago. Joking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I too think Eckersley is a "fresh" announcer, meaning he is sort of like Milbury (not as cruel) but he says what's on his mind instead of like poor Nomar on ESPN games, who is just too afraid to go into a player's perspective better or deeper. Again, it's a feeling that so many color men and play-by-play announcers are dealing with fear factors, now justified, regarding what they say and when they say it. Detroit tried to fire the great Ernie Harwell after he had his producer pan Tiger Stadium to show how many empty seats there were due to apathy. He should have been applauded for it. Joe Buck, who I am not a big fan of, ripped the Dodgers using the word "pathetic" to describe a paultry crowd on a saturday afternoon. I applaud him for saying it. Let's get back to critiquing and using critical thought and critical words to describe performance, behavior, etc...Sometimes even on this Forum you get the impression you shouldn't go outside of the little box of political correctness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I too think Eckersley is a "fresh" announcer, meaning he is sort of like Milbury (not as cruel) but he says what's on his mind instead of like poor Nomar on ESPN games, who is just too afraid to go into a player's perspective better or deeper. Again, it's a feeling that so many color men and play-by-play announcers are dealing with fear factors, now justified, regarding what they say and when they say it. Detroit tried to fire the great Ernie Harwell after he had his producer pan Tiger Stadium to show how many empty seats there were due to apathy. He should have been applauded for it. Joe Buck, who I am not a big fan of, ripped the Dodgers using the word "pathetic" to describe a paultry crowd on a saturday afternoon. I applaud him for saying it. Let's get back to critiquing and using critical thought and critical words to describe performance, behavior, etc...Sometimes even on this Forum you get the impression you shouldn't go outside of the little box of political correctness.
    Posted by dannycater

I never really enjoy listening to Remy on NESN.  Don Orsillo is a great commentator who likes to joke around and its almost like he has to lure Remy into the conversation at times. 

I thought Don and Eck were great together when Remy was ill.  Remy just doesn't fit the role in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon as always just trying to give you a hard time. Your always above all of that, and I respect you for it

Thanks. I know we disagree on many issues, and I have gone overboard a few times criticizing your faithful defending of the classclown, but you often make some very good points. I love a healthy debate.

I do not get to listen to Eck filling in, though  always liked him on the after game with NESN. He is one cool cat and seems all fans love to listen to him. I can see Remy sort of rubbing a minority of fans the wrong way, though I know many people enjoy his work too

Remy is an icon. He is loved by a large portion of Sox fans and probably not disliked by too many fans. I like Remy. He gets me laughing and has inciteful opinions at times. I am not advocating against Remy, but I don't listen to Sox announcers to laugh, I listen to leaarn something or better understand the game of baseball. To me, Eck is very insightful and does not pull punches as much as others. I also like listening to Jim Rice after games, but am not sure he'd be a greaat addition to the booth.

Wasn't it great that year Eck came back to finish his career here? He pitched in 50 games, did alright too.

Eck was a great starter and a great reliever. He knows more about pitching than any of us. He also knows the value of a good catcher...uh, oh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This is sarcasm.  Remy's one of the most sarcastic guys out there; love him or hate him, this was not a shot at Lowell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Close call but I am leaning towards he was kidding around

NESN needs to focus more on the game; the cuts to Heidi are often in bad timing is Jerry/Don's banter.....I like the banter but not at the expense of the game - they miss way too many details......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobknowsBosox. Show BobknowsBosox's posts

Remy has always been an arrogant jerk that thinks he is King Turd on Turd Island.
    A few years back me and my son who was 10 at the time ran into Remy after a game outside of Fenway Park. We were the only 3 people within 50 yards of anyone else as he walked towards us to get to his car and we both just said hello to Jerry without even asking for an autograph and he gives us both the most dirtiest of looks as he walked by us without saying anything.
    We both lost all of any respect we had for him after that especially when we did not even ask him for anything and just greeted him as we were walking along.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I know a former sports editor for a major newspaper, who once told me that off air, Jerry Remy was one miserable person.
    This isn't about Eck. Who wants to hear EVERY pitch analyised, and every game through the pitcher's view point?
    He was yelling about an opposing pitcher giving up a homer to a Sox player!
    Complains when the offense has been out there too long.
    Pass on this nonsense.
    As for Remy, the point is, he was sweet as pie to Lowell while he was interviewing him the night before.
    My guess is, all the praise and prolonged ovations just got to Remy, who was never in a World Series, let alone MVP, and never had close to the adulation Mike Lowell had in Boston as a player.
    Maybe it is time for Remy to permanently step aside. His health and psychological problems, which are well documented, should be his number one priority. On the other hand, all his business ventures depend on his name being out there, so he'll hang around as long as he can.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

anyone know if he's been asked directly yet?...or Don, his laughter seems to support the thought, of course it could be a deflection...he'll be lucky if this doesn't get too blown up, given the usual zeal of the Boston sports media....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

anyone else get the feeling he is still having a hard time with depression?? today he had all that hobby sctick that actually came off as very sad

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I knew that when Joe Morgan got canned that there would be a vacuum in the forum that needed to be filled.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

I knew that when Joe Morgan got canned that there would be a vacuum in the forum that needed to be filled.
    Posted by Your-Echo

do you do anything other than criticize other peoples posts.. because thats all i ever see you do... if what is posted isnt up to par with your standards why dont you go to some other board

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

My post was just a response to the fact that 99% of posts on here over the years expressed a dislike of EVERY baseball commentator whether he was on FOX, NESN, YES, or NESN. Does my 1% really bother you that much? Who was your favorite play-by-play or color announcer? Do you have one? Maybe I am wrong and 99% of them are bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There is no doubt that Eck's a good one; and objective too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I really like Remy and Orsillo, and I like their giggle fests.  Today, they were a bit much with the whole 'let's find Remy a hobby' thing, but I find them to be much better than most of the other broadcasting teams that I've had to endure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I like Eckersley a lot.  But I also have to agree with what tbrod said about him telling it a bit too much from the pitcher perspective.

Sections
Shortcuts