Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

more hazel mae

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Send Remy to the YES network.  Remy and Michael Kay can be the best of friends.  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bill Lee would be a mind-blower.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

What subjects do you teach George?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Remy needs to apologize to Lowell.

It was a special day for Mike Lowell and Remy should have shown more respect and appreciation. 

Can NESN replace Remy with Robin Williams?  LOL 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    Remy needs to apologize to Lowell. It was a special day for Mike Lowell and Remy should have shown more respect and appreciation.  Can NESN replace Remy with Robin Williams?  LOL 
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Love your avatar; when you post, I hear it with Stewie's voice & cadence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

A couple of posters made reference to an Ortiz story being leaked. What story?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

anyone else get the feeling he is still having a hard time with depression?? today he had all that hobby sctick that actually came off as very sad
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

No kidding.  I was depressed, just listening to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

A couple of posters made reference to an Ortiz story being leaked. What story?
    Posted by davidap

NYT leaked Papi/Manny from the infamous list of players who allegedly violated drug policy. They chose a very opportune time to do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : NYT leaked Papi/Manny from the infamous list of players who allegedly violated drug policy. They chose a very opportune time to do it.
    Posted by harness

Aren't the NYT minority owners of the RS? (They may have recently sold out)

In addition, it is a minority stakeholder in the Boston Red Sox,[7] a position acquired as part of John W. Henry's purchase of the famed baseball team. The Boston Globe and other The New York Times Company-owned newspapers acknowledge this relationship in articles about the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Aren't the NYT minority owners of the RS? (They may have recently sold out) In addition, it is a minority stakeholder in the  Boston Red Sox , [ 7 ]  a position acquired as part of  John W. Henry 's purchase of the famed baseball team.  The Boston Globe  and other The New York Times Company-owned newspapers acknowledge this relationship in articles about the team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_York_Times_Company
    Posted by nhsteven
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make with that fact. Do you really think the Board of Directors have editorial control of the sports writers at NYT or the Globe? Or that they would risk the NYT brand to can a story about guys testing positive on a team they invested in before MLB had strick rules governing it? 

The whole thing with those leaks, whether it was A-Rod's (which was brought on first by somebody writing a book) was that the source of the leak was federal prosecutors in the Bonds case.

I haven't followed the thread close enough to figure out what those leaks have to do with Remy's comments off air (NESN was not on air and it is obvious he did not know that the MLB.TV feed had come back from commercial blackout).

But it was kind of obvious that a NY scribe who was pretty sick of all the PED heat (A-Rod, Petitte, Clemens, Giambi, Sheffield) was filing the story to move the narrative.

And it worked at that time too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : I am not sure what point you are trying to make with that fact. Do you really think the Board of Directors have editorial control of the sports writers at NYT or the Globe? Or that they would risk the NYT brand to can a story about guys testing positive on a team they invested in before MLB had strick rules governing it?  The whole thing with those leaks, whether it was A-Rod's (which was brought on first by somebody writing a book) was that the source of the leak was federal prosecutors in the Bonds case. I haven't followed the thread close enough to figure out what those leaks have to do with Remy's comments off air (NESN was not on air and it is obvious he did not know that the MLB.TV feed had come back from commercial blackout). But it was kind of obvious that a NY scribe who was pretty sick of all the PED heat (A-Rod, Petitte, Clemens, Giambi, Sheffield) was filing the story to move the narrative. And it worked at that time too. 
    Posted by fivekatz

I'm not sure I agree with that, although it's certainly possible, especially given the whispers of integrity issues with the Mitchell report, compounded with those other leaks; i.e, somebody may have had an axe to grind. However, what about the Colon story? That appears be a contrary scenario. Could it be, perhaps, that they shall not compromise their reporting integrity standards (The NYT brand that you refer to) based on other situational factors, such as, whether or not they own a team, whether or not the player is on a NY team, etc?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : I'm not sure I agree with that, although it's possible, especially given the whispers of integrity issues with the Mitchell report; i.e, somebody may have had an axe to grind. However, what about the Colon story? That appears be a contrary scenario. Could it be, perhaps, that they shall not compromise their reporting integrity standards based on other situational factors, such as, whether or not they own a team, whether or not the player is on a NY team, etc?
    Posted by nhsteven
    Probably the biggest issue with the Mitchell Report was it was a snapshot and not a comprehensive history. McNamee and Radomoski being the primary sources ended up making NY the epicenter since those guys worked much of the time in NYC. Most of the integrity shots were either based on the fact that it wasn't a complete history and by those who wished to shoot the messenger for what it did contain IMHO.

I don't completely blame the writers on the Ortiz-ManRam story but ask yourself this. Why two names out of over 100 on the list? Was the source at AG's office being selective or was it the writer?

And Colon is an interesting counter point. Let me say that I don't think that a writer with juicy stuff would stuff it in a can because of rooting interest. In fact in either NY or Boston many of the guys make their $$$ by making the home town players targets at moments (Edes, CHB, Lupica...).

But whether the writer got more names from the leaker or the leaker was that selective (2 out of over 100) you have to think the timing and lack of scope is suspect at best, at least I do. As was how when A-Rod denied the claim in the tell all book that he had used that his sealed test managed to find its way from the AG's office to the newspapers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Probably the biggest issue with the Mitchell Report was it was a snapshot and not a comprehensive history. McNamee and Radomoski being the primary sources ended up making NY the epicenter since those guys worked much of the time in NYC. Most of the integrity shots were either based on the fact that it wasn't a complete history and by those who wished to shoot the messenger for what it did contain IMHO. I don't completely blame the writers on the Ortiz-ManRam story but ask yourself this. Why two names out of over 100 on the list? Was the source at AG's office being selective or was it the writer? And Colon is an interesting counter point. Let me say that I don't think that a writer with juicy stuff would stuff it in a can because of rooting interest. In fact in either NY or Boston many of the guys make their $$$ by making the home town players targets at moments (Edes, CHB, Lupica...). But whether the writer got more names from the leaker or the leaker was that selective (2 out of over 100) you have to think the timing and lack of scope is suspect at best, at least I do. As was how when A-Rod denied the claim in the tell all book that he had used that his sealed test managed to find its way from the AG's office to the newspapers.
    Posted by fivekatz

Yes. Agreed. Who's CHB?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawckinSox. Show RawckinSox's posts

He was joking....he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" very sarcastically... and you notice how how Orsillo was laughing and Jerry had to take a long pause that is most likely because he was laughing under his breath. They knew they were on air trust me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Yes. Agreed. Who's CHB?
    Posted by nhsteven
    Dan Shaugnessy. Carl Everett I believe gave him that name and it means Curly Haired Boy or more likely Carl Haired Batahard!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Dan Shaugnessy. Carl Everett I believe gave him that name and it means Curly Haired Boy or more likely Carl Haired Batahard!
    Posted by fivekatz

Carl Everett; the child abusing, Mussina-Perfect Game breaking, clubhouse cancer, who, after a HR, would look up to God, then imediately afterwards look at the opposition holding his crotch. Like Softy, a guy who basically nobody liked:teammates, opposition, writers, coaches, spouses/mistresses, agents, or otherwise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He was joking....he said "talk about an arrogant athlete" very sarcastically... and you notice how how Orsillo was laughing and Jerry had to take a long pause that is most likely because he was laughing under his breath. They knew they were on air trust me.
    Posted by RawckinSox

Well, O.K. If you know so, it must be true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Carl Everett; the child abusing, Mussina-Perfect Game breaking, clubhouse cancer, who, after a HR, would look up to God, then imediately afterwards look at the opposition holding his crotch. Like Softy, a guy who basically nobody liked:teammates, opposition, writers, coaches, spouses/mistresses, agents, or otherwise.
    Posted by nhsteven
    Yeah that guy. Just the same it was spot on and it stuck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Curly-haired boyfriend. 

Everett, in turn, referred to Shaughnessy as the "curly-haired boyfriend" of Globe beat writer Gordon Edes.[

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Posted by RawckinSox

they had no idea they were on the air the NESN broadcast wasnt on the air the MLB.tv cut back early.. it actually happens all the time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Soxpatsfan08 got the scoop first. He is the Piers Morgan of the BDC Forum.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts