Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whosknockin. Show whosknockin's posts

Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

This was just lame humor. Remy was attempting to bust his chops. But even that is difficult with Lowell, who's as far from arrogant as they get. And no one knows that better than Remy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Because you thought Remy was joking. Just listen to the video. He thought he was off the air, and gave himself away. Don't confuse this with their in-game banter , which is humorous. This was anything but.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE] Whether he ws serious or not only he will ever know, but it is funny whether Remy meant it or not/ If he meant it is funny because he is going to have to deal with this now because he got caught with a live mic and the feed to MLB TV coming back before NESN did and if he wasn't it is funny because he is going to have to go through the same she-it.

It sure as heck isn't a big deal. If he thinks Lowell is jerk, who cares. He dealt with him more than anybody here.

Let's play ball...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]The other day Sheriff Rojas just happened to catch this during the game on the Timothy Burke blog. Soxpatsfan08 and the Sheriff must monitor this blog instead of watching the game. http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-red-sox-fan-gets-grabby-with-girlfriend-sends-announcers-into-hysterics/
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Not at all.  I happened to hear it on the NESN broadcast through mlb.com between innings.  I'm sure a number of other posters will claim they heard it like that too. 

You're a piece of work, echo.  A real piece of work. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Timothy Burke posted the video on his blog at 8:37 pm and SoxPatsfan08 did his OP at 8:28 pm which was nine minutes earlier. Are you Timothy Burke and trying to promote your blog? Did you go searching for proof after you saw it on TV and then just happen to luck out and find Timothy Burkes blog. Is there a job waiting for you at the Enquirer for raking up muck? Do you ever post here on other topics?

no i just heard it on broadcast and was kinda shocked by it and then someone posted the link on twitter so i gave it here so people could see it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I just heard on Twitter that Amy Winehouse died today. Why wasn't it posted here today?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Because you thought Remy was joking. Just listen to the video. He thought he was off the air, and gave himself away. Don't confuse this with their in-game banter , which is humorous. This was anything but.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    even if you thought my view was wrong why'd you call me a joke without provocation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : no i just heard it on broadcast and was kinda shocked by it and then someone posted the link on twitter so i gave it here so people could see it
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

I'm usually not into these type of threads, but you did good work by uncovering the link. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard on Twitter that Amy Winehouse died today. Why wasn't it posted here today?
    umm what does amy whinehouse have to do with the red sox?? i heard it on the broadcast and i posted it here i dont get what your problem is, some people have mlb.tv and if youd like the hear it there go to the start of the 4th inning. .. why are you so combative?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : I'm usually not into these type of threads, but you did good work by uncovering the link. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

honestly i just wanted to know if people heard the same thing i did lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : even if you thought my view was wrong why'd you call me a joke without provocation
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

I thought you were busting our chops!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It sure as heck isn't a big deal. If he thinks Lowell is jerk, who cares. He dealt with him more than anybody here. 

If Mikey really is an arrogant jerk, then it makes sense that he was softy's "favorite player" before 2010. 

(Sidenote: I'd love to see Eck in the booth.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I disdain tabloid behavior. If I had heard it, like you did, I never would have posted it here. It's like telling the neighborhood that your sister is promiscuous.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard on Twitter that Amy Winehouse died today. Why wasn't it posted here today?

I'll oblige.  She was an extremely troubled person, but one helluva a talent.

http://youtu.be/Ludxpkyrab0

Best version, of which there are many, of a great song. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : I thought you were busting our chops!
    No. I really thought he was joking

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Whether or not it was sarcasm on Remy's part or he said exactly what he thought of Lowell, I don't think Remy owes anyone an apology. We are such a pathetic society of "oh no, you didn't say that did you???" Always asking for athletes to apologize for making any kind of an off-color comment at any race, religion, sex, etc...This goes back to Campanis interview with Koppel when Al was clearly drunk on the air and then lost his job over ignorant black comments. Or when the bombastic Jimmy the Greek lost his job for citing an actual fact about slaveowners and how slaves were "breeded" a certain way. Oh my god, those racists!!!!! Whatever. Or how many times has an announcer or a writer been suspended or lost a job over dumb comments, including Bob Ryan for a comment on the Rutgers women's basketball team. We get it. We have all become Thumper in Bambi: If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all.....whatever. And I'm sure I'll be called racist for bringing this stuff up. When Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant made some dumb remarks, they too were thrown under a bus or fined. It's ridiculous. A society of politically correctness even if behind closed doors most never even practice it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]I disdain tabloid behavior. If I had heard it, like you did, I never would have posted it here. It's like telling the neighborhood that your sister is promiscuous.

okay then dont read it.. no one is forcing you to be on this thread

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I disdain tabloid behavior. If I had heard it, like you did, I never would have posted it here. It's like telling the neighborhood that your sister is promiscuous.

I disdain tabloid behavior too, but I distain your distain even more. 

And by the way, I didn't know your sister was promiscuous.  You must have have driven her to it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]It sure as heck isn't a big deal. If he thinks Lowell is jerk, who cares. He dealt with him more than anybody here.  If Mikey really is an arrogant jerk, then it makes sense that he was softy's "favorite player" before 2010.  (Sidenote: I'd love to see Eck in the booth.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That's funny.
    But if Lowell were really as depicted, he sure fooled countless team mates who consider him a life-long friend. If I had to make the call between him and Remy, I'd put my bread on Lowell.

And I'd prefer Bill Lee over Eck in the booth. Lee would always give you a different shade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, folks. That is why Orsillo was laughing so much. It was funny, at least to the two of them, because Lowell is one of the last people you'd say that about. By all accounts, Lowell is one of the nicest guys in recent memory in MLB, everyone loves his kids, and even his wife is a nice and wonderful person. Remy wasn't being fake when Lowell was in the booth the other night; I'm pretty sure that they have a good relationship. The on-air "uh oh, I didn't the mic was on" comments I think were just one friend razzing the other friend sarcastically. Arrogant would be to throw the pitch out and then book it, and what Lowell did was the opposite of that. In the video, you can see he is enjoying the game with his kids. Remy was being sarcastic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I listened to the link (thanks soxpatsfan).  I really think it was sacarsm on Remy's part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : That's funny. But if Lowell were really as depicted, he sure fooled countless team mates who consider him a life-long friend. If I had to make the call between him and Remy, I'd put my bread on Lowell. And I'd prefer Bill Lee over Eck in the booth. Lee would always give you a different shade.

And you think Remy has loose lips?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm sorry I missed this. I must have had it muted between innings or went to the fridge or something. Surely Remy wouldn't say that about Lowell, but I also agree with some of the other posters. Remy wears a little thin sometimes, so you just never know. I liked Eck a lot better. Eck is one of the best color guys in all of baseball in my opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The reason I think he was joking was because here was Mike Lowell after throwing out the first pitch -- and was it also after they had done their in-game interview? -- and he was in the stands having fun with kids. Most celebs who throw out the first pitch bolt before the bottom of the first. That was what I think Remy was doing. Am I certain of that? Nope. But I think that's it ... and given that Lowell was doing absolutely nothing that would lead one to call him "arrogant," that makes sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Whether or not it was sarcasm on Remy's part or he said exactly what he thought of Lowell, I don't think Remy owes anyone an apology. We are such a pathetic society of "oh no, you didn't say that did you???" Always asking for athletes to apologize for making any kind of an off-color comment at any race, religion, sex, etc...This goes back to Campanis interview with Koppel when Al was clearly drunk on the air and then lost his job over ignorant black comments. Or when the bombastic Jimmy the Greek lost his job for citing an actual fact about slaveowners and how slaves were "breeded" a certain way. Oh my god, those racists!!!!! Whatever. Or how many times has an announcer or a writer been suspended or lost a job over dumb comments, including Bob Ryan for a comment on the Rutgers women's basketball team. We get it. We have all become Thumper in Bambi: If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all.....whatever. And I'm sure I'll be called racist for bringing this stuff up. When Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant made some dumb remarks, they too were thrown under a bus or fined. It's ridiculous. A society of politically correctness even if behind closed doors most never even practice it.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Well, I can think of worse societies. If everybody said what they thought, this society would have disintegrated years ago. As a people, we find it tough enough to deal with the truth about ourselves. So, what does it say about deflecting this inability toward others?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : And you think Remy has loose lips?  
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Lee is blatantly honest. It's not a matter of loose lips, which are the result of attempts to conceal.
    Lee couldn't give a sh*t about the consequences. He isn't one to compromise himself. Thus, he has nothing to lose.