Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..

Remy wasn't joking, and this after kissing up to him when Lowell was in the booth the night before.
    Lowell was with his kids. What is arrogant about that?
    Maybe the standing ovations Mike Lowell got in the last two days were more than little Jerry Remy could handle. Maybe his doctors need to upgrade his lithium.
    Remy and Mr. Pitchcount's act is wearing thin.
    What a two face!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : No. I really thought he was joking
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

My bad, London. I thought you were playing us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Eck should be in the booth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah, but all that cheese would have a constipating effect.
    I'd pay to see Bill Lee in the booth.

Hell, I'm already paying...
    Frown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]Eck should be in the booth.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    i agree eck is awesome and i learn alot about baseball that i never knew when hes in the booth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remy Calls Mike Lowell an arrogant athlete.. : Well, I can think of worse societies. If everybody said what they thought, this society would have disintegrated years ago. As a people, we find it tough enough to deal with the truth about ourselves. So, what does it say about deflecting this inability toward others? Furthermore, Remy is doing a job he's well-paid to do. And comments like that aren't exactly professional. Was he serious? Was he kidding? The fact he didn't acknowledge either says it all. Do you act this inappropriately at work? Enough to risk UR job?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

In this case, it's overblown. I hate to see people lose their jobs over "comments." We allow for freedom of speech, or that apparently is even on this forum something that we don't seem to allow for much anymore. We all tend to jump down the throats of media/athletes/sports execs, yet since blogging has joined the ranks of the social media as well as twitter/facebook, you better watch what your say or Big Brother will come down hard on you. And no Jerry Remy doesn't have to live up to your expectations in humanity, harness. We are not the brightest of people, humans, and we say stupid things. Hell, I say a lot of stupid things, but if you have to be afraid of your audience or be swallowed by public opinion, what's the point. Maybe we can have conversations like in the famous Simpsons Itchy and Scrathy episode when Marge convinces the show's sponsors that there was too much violence.

Itchy: "Lemonade?"
    Scratchy: "Yes, please."

......boring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If our founding fathers didn't say anything, we'd still be under British rule. We'd have no country. Maybe they should kept their mouths shut, huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

danny, I was for Eck in the booth long before tonight. Remy is an icon, so I never mentioned it before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes, Remy does have to live up to acceptable expectation.
    That's part of his job description. Boston fans have come to know him.
    And he's attained personal wealth as a result of his "image".

He'd never get away with half this stuff on a more restrictive format. Nor would he try. Media vehicles have pushed the limit ever since the radical 60's. And journalism has suffered as a result. I'm not for unreasonable censorship. I'm also against streaking in public sports events.

Do you have a code (from UR job description) you must live by?
    Would you violate it if it meant standing up for your belief of uninhibited freedom of speech?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How bold u are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]danny, I was for Eck in the booth long before tonight. Remy is an icon, so I never mentioned it before.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    same here i think he hasnt been the same since he took that year off

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ah I see. Remy gets caught being a jerk and NOW ITS OKAY to say you really don't care for him.

How come a year ago when I said Remy should be replaced it was called bashing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Ah I see. Remy gets caught being a jerk and NOW ITS OKAY to say you really don't care for him. How come a year ago when I said Remy should be replaced it was called bashing ?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You just answered UR own question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"How come a year ago when I said Remy should be replaced it was calledbashing?"

Hmmm I can't recall that thread but IMO there's nothing wrong with arguing Remy should be replaced, not because he is a bad guy but because he has lost a step and Eck has come on strong. I'd like to see Eck in the booth, all due respect to Remy's contributions over the years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Ah I see. Remy gets caught being a jerk and NOW ITS OKAY to say you really don't care for him. How come a year ago when I said Remy should be replaced it was called bashing ?

I missed it.

I like Remy, but I like Eck better. I learn things from him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They are both just "good ole boys", we need to get Tommy harper and Jim Rice in the booth so softy's affirmative action plan is exemplified.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, I think folks around here are quite honest as to whom they dislike.

Compared to other play-by-play announcers, Orsillo is one of the best IMO.
    But his dramatic calls on Jake recent dingers have been a bit much:)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

haha i said it years ago too haha hell you could even check my previous posts if you really wanted to lol.. but that being said people shouldnt bash over that if you dont like the color guy 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah if you dont like don go listen to FSNW or MASN and a bunch of others and youll never say anything about don again

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]The other day Sheriff Rojas just happened to catch this during the game on the Timothy Burke blog. Soxpatsfan08 and the Sheriff must monitor this blog instead of watching the game. http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-red-sox-fan-gets-grabby-with-girlfriend-sends-announcers-into-hysterics/
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Actually, the "Sheriff" lol monitors this forum. When he can't be here he has PinstripeZac fill in for him. Nothing gets past those girls.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As I've said before, I also think Mike Lowell shouldn't have been complaining about being in the line-up when he wasn't up to it. It's not an individual sport.  It's a team sport. You should do what's best for the team. I do realize that it's probably easier said than done, but he was in bad shape and he knew it. That was pretty arrogant.

I also didn't like when he said he would never want to be a RS announcer because that would mean he would have to watch one team all the time. As a fan, I have no problem watching the Red Sox all the time. I guess I don't understand why a former Sox player would find watching the Sox boring. He said he just flips the channel to find the players he knows at bat. Doesn't really sound like a "baseball" fan. IMO  I just don't get him.

And I'd also like to see Eck in the booth. I enjoyed it when he was there. I have a feeling that Bill Lee would be totally honest and hilarious, although the censoring of his comments (that I'm sure would take place) would be sad.

Btw, for all those who are for freedom of speech, why don't we call a period of detente?  If you don't like someone's views on something or someone, debate them. Stop using bannings as a way of getting rid of posters and/or views that you disagree with -- or worse -- get rid of posters that a rival team's fans disagree with. FTR Real men can't be "needled" by posters on a message board.

25. This post has been removed.