Remy is a dog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Remy is a dog

Has anyone noticed how much more enjoyable the games are without Remy? I don't wish him continued illness, but perhaps he can reduce the workload to 50-60 games and allow Eck, Gammons and others to fill in....I have enjoyed the tv broadcast much more without Remy !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

Re: Remy is a dog

and i've enjoyed this board much more w/o you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

In Response to Remy is a dog:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone noticed how much more enjoyable the games are without Remy? I don't wish him continued illness, but perhaps he can reduce the workload to 50-60 games and allow Eck, Gammons and others to fill in....I have enjoyed the tv broadcast much more without Remy !
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone noticed how much more enjoyable the games are without Remy? I don't wish him continued illness, but perhaps he can reduce the workload to 50-60 games and allow Eck, Gammons and others to fill in....I have enjoyed the tv broadcast much more without Remy !
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]Different strokes for different folks. Remy's act is getting a bit old but Eck for my taste is just awful. He spends 35% of the air time talking about himself and some of his takes are just amazingly simple for an ex-player.

Gammons is somewhat enjoyable but Eck is just not my cup of tea...I don't care he has to have that pitch and I hear him talk about "give me the cheese" on more time I'll go crazy. He makes Tim McCarver appear to be a deep thinking, articulate genius...

I know opinions vary of course, this is just my take. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

In Response to Re: Remy is a dog:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Remy is a dog :
    Posted by czap[/QUOTE]

Anyone notice how much better this forum is when you are not here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Eck is a refreshing candid voice. His voice, itself, isn't grating. Remy is in the tank most of the time, the very worst any discerning Red Sox fan should want. Remy in small doses, fine, but Eck should be promoted.

Gammons has that old stuffy sounding voice and projects an overstated access arrogance to his comments. He's about as in the tank as you get. One will never hear an honest unfiltered comment out of Gammons. The same guy who said he thought the Santana deal would get done and that the Red Sox were the leaders for Tex. I was virtually certain that was out to lunch.

Orsillo has a role where he has to be in the tank to a large degree. If he would just knock off the loud mouth routine he would improve his job performance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I turn the sound off, but will sometimes turn it on for key explanations.  The color guy is whoever the majority of fans like.  I never get the radio guys for the Sox here in N. Virginia, but I do get the Baltimore Orioles on radio, and they are pretty good.  I grew up (well, two season worth) listening to Curt Gowdy call Sox games.  Remy ain't not Gowdy, but he's OK. 

What irritates me is somewhere around the 3d or 4th inning they do a big interview and almost don't cover the game, even if it's close and competitive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm not a fan of Remy.  I kinda lost interest a few years back when he would constantly promote his merchandise (score cards...ect) for sale at his web site.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Old free radio is the best mode for the games. I watch the games with my Dad, but prefer the radio being called by someone who is articulate and knows what they are doing. The radio team for the Red Sox is much, much better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

For those of us who don't get NESN, Internet radio and MLB.com's GameDay are a good combo, IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I do not wish him ill, as it were, but he did have cancer and now he is staying out with pneumonia.

I hope he is ok.  Like him or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

At least you guys don't have to listen to Michael Kay, John Sterling and Suzi Q. They can turn any baseball fan into a rabid fan of curling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Who are they?????????????????????

[QUOTE]At least you guys don't have to listen to Michael Kay, John Sterling and Suzi Q. The can turn any baseball fan into a rabid fan of curling.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Of course, my comments are simply on Remy the color guy. If it meant a full return to good health, I'd be happy to put up with Remy's color work for the rest of my life. He has serious health issues, and I hope he fully recovers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I love Eck, but he will never be on full time.  Even when Remy missed most of the year a couple years back, Eck didn't want to do road games.

I wish Remy the best in his recovery of course.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]At least you guys don't have to listen to Michael Kay, John Sterling and Suzi Q. They can turn any baseball fan into a rabid fan of curling.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Ha.  Different strokes I guess jess.  I rather enjoy listening to them.  Maybe it just helps me get through NY traffic, but I find them soothing.  Not necessarily the best baseball folk, but they are not that bad.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, my comments are simply on Remy the color guy. If it meant a full return to good health, I'd be happy to put up with Remy's color work for the rest of my life. He has serious health issues, and I hope he fully recovers.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Well stated.  Also, I agree about radio announcers even though I haven't heard the Sox guys--at least, not since Curt Gowdy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Frankly, I'm getting tired of Orsillo. He is boring, predictable, and repetitious and his "doesn't throw to either venue" is annoying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Orsillo completely copied McDonough - FACT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Living out of state & occasionally blacked out of the NESN broadcast, I am forced to listen to "the other team's" calling of the game.......  Trust me!  A lot of Red Sox Fans don't know how lucky they are to have Don & Jerry as our broadcasters!!!!!!!  They both are infinitely better & especially more entertaining than 99% of the other guys out there!!!  They make me feel like I'm home!!! :) 

Having said that....... Eck is absolutely fantastic!!!!  HE is hands down THE BEST substitute for Remy.  I actually wish that NESN would add Eck to the gametime color????  Now that would be awesome!!!!

Anyway......  When you are forced to live away from New England, especially the greater Boston area, you REALLY realize what a great place it is!  Especially as a sports town!!!!  DirectTV, NESN, Sports Central NE, & the sports package make life tolerable!!!!!  Without it......... it would be a very dark world my friends :) :) :) 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I like Remy and I like Orsillo.  They are like home.  Say what you want about them, they call a decent game, and, maybe I am just a cornball, but I like their goofiness sometimes.  

Have been digging my man Eck these past few games of course.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

rkarp,

Rob?????  Is that you???  As in drywall, Martha's Vinyard, & Coubs, Cin. ??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]I drive a UPS truck all day long through Queens and Staten Island and I either listen Sterling and Suzi or put on some good music on my CD player. I never put on talk radio since those idiots that call in are very upsetting to listen to. Francesa is fine but the callers are not.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]

oh my goodness gracious! mikey, isn't there a comedy on tv about a guy like you that also happens to have a very fine looking wife and a fruitcake for a father-in-law living in the basement?????Wink

Sections
Shortcuts