Replace Tito!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OKRedSoxFan. Show OKRedSoxFan's posts

Replace Tito!!!

I've read lots of posts as to why Tito should be replaced, but I don't believe I've seen many suggestions as to who management might seek out should that happen.  My question is who's out there that's any better?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Replace Tito!!!

In Response to Replace Tito!!!:
    [QUOTE] I've read lots of posts as to why Tito should be replaced, but I don't believe I've seen many suggestions as to who management might seek out should that happen.  My question is who's out there that's any better?
    Posted by OKRedSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Good question OK.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Georom, bosox1941, and several other contributors to this board have all assured us they could do a better job, so finding a replacement should be very easy. 

Of course, if a fan actually takes over the management of the team during games, they do get to invoke the "take back" rule.  How does that work?  If, say, georom is the manager and the Sox lose the game, he gets to take back whatever he thinks went wrong, and the game is replayed to insure a better outcome. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive asked the question many times with no real answer...Id welcome a reasonable answer with a possible discussion to follow, but I dont expect that to happen..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you people are funny...how many major league teams out there? how many coaches on each team? how many minor league affiliates? how many division 1 coaches? any of them could be hired and we wouldnt miss a beat - especially if your idea of a good coach is to follow what theo/bill james says you have to do - thats right even I could coach the Sox under those restrictions and do as well, if not better than Terry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

"my question is who's out there that's any better?"

a better question would be "as a field manager, who's out there that's any worse?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

In Response to Re: Replace Tito!!!:
    [QUOTE]you people are funny...how many major league teams out there? how many coaches on each team? how many minor league affiliates? how many division 1 coaches? any of them could be hired and we wouldnt miss a beat - especially if your idea of a good coach is to follow what theo/bill james says you have to do - thats right even I could coach the Sox under those restrictions and do as well, if not better than Terry.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

well said!
    however, there is pain involved for  terry to manage? having theo's hand up his back to make his lips move is not a pleasant experience.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replace Tito!!! : well said! however, there is pain involved for  terry to manage? having theo's hand up his back to make his lips move is not a pleasant experience.
    Posted by the---yazman[/QUOTE]

Your moniker this morning only lasted one hour?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replace Tito!!! : Your moniker this morning only lasted one hour?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

that's right. 59 minutes longer than you having sex with your wife.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazman. Show the---yazman's posts

maybe you should drive from the backseat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I nominate Don Zimmer, Ozzie Guillen, or Grady to replace Francona.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Billy Herman
    Billy Jurgess
    Pinky Higgins
    Jimy Williams

If any one of them were managing today then Yazzer, Georom, and Bosox1941 would be ignored by everyone since there would be unanimous agreement on how bad they would be. Contrarians hate other contrarians. Non-conformists hate other non-conformists.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

and I hate stupid rediculous threads like this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Kirk Gibson of the D'Backs, Joe Maddon of the Rays, Mike Scioscia of the Angels to name three.  I happen to believe that Francona is a very weak field manager who repeats his mistakes too often.  He pretty much let's his players play which is ok when they are doing well but when crisis times ensue he is almost helpless to arouse his team.  His strategy is simple station-to-station baseball, he is totally predictable, never hits and run, never squeezes, and he usually holds his runners tightly glued to the bases.  I seldom see his players taking the extra base and as you've seen of late the team looks very poor in fundamentals and have been prone to more mental gaffs that I can now count.

Personally, I am not a Francona fan and never have been, though I did believe and said so on this board that after we won the 2007 World Series he should get a new contract and a hefty raise.  There was one caveat from me--and that was that I had to right to second guess and criticize him when I saw fit.  I see fit now because I don't think we will ever win anything again unless we get a new manager with a lot more fire in his belly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Only two names come to mind:  Buttermaker or Billy Bob Thornton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk Gibson of the D'Backs, Joe Maddon of the Rays, Mike Scioscia of the Angels to name three.  I happen to believe that Francona is a very weak field manager who repeats his mistakes too often.  He pretty much let's his players play which is ok when they are doing well but when crisis times ensue he is almost helpless to arouse his team.  His strategy is simple station-to-station baseball, he is totally predictable, never hits and run, never squeezes, and he usually holds his runners tightly glued to the bases.  I seldom see his players taking the extra base and as you've seen of late the team looks very poor in fundamentals and have been prone to more mental gaffs that I can now count. Personally, I am not a Francona fan and never have been, though I did believe and said so on this board that after we won the 2007 World Series he should get a new contract and a hefty raise.  There was one caveat from me--and that was that I had to right to second guess and criticize him when I saw fit.  I see fit now because I don't think we will ever win anything again unless we get a new manager with a lot more fire in his belly.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

I believe 3 available managers would be better..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Never has been a question about replacing Tito in my mind. He is great at the "Club House" thing so I say he should stay on in that capacity. What we really need is for somebdoy else, with a little imagination, to be calling the shots on the field !! I'm a big supporter of the Dual managment approach as I see it becoming more important in a league of prima donnas that need to be coddled to play their best baseball !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE] I've read lots of posts as to why Tito should be replaced, but I don't believe I've seen many suggestions as to who management might seek out should that happen.  My question is who's out there that's any better?

Theo Epstein!  Seriously!  For the very most part Theo, with "input" from his numbers crunching, Ivy League type drinking buddies, is responsible for this current Red Sox roster.  It's his mess and Theo is the one, with more financial assistance from his Godfather, Mr Henry, Theo can do it.  There is much precedence for a General Manager taking over the responsibility of managing the team.  I would also recommend that Theo keep Francona aboard as an Assistant to fill the role of Coddling Manager.  Seriously! GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Is it really Francnoa or is it the personnel?  CF and 1B are the only two positions that have not had some issue this year with either injury or sub par performance. 

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Ive asked the question many times with no real answer...Id welcome a reasonable answer with a possible discussion to follow, but I dont expect that to happen..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Some have suggested Dennis Eckersly. I think he would make a very good manager, though he is inexperienced in that area. He does know the game. Another name that comes to mind is Bobby Valentine, if he is interested. He has the kind of no-nonsense approach that the Red Sox sorely need.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

I feel replacing Theo would be a much better move for the Red Sox then replacing Francona. However since this thread is asking who might be a replacement for Francona. Therefore,  I was wondering if anyone here knows if Carlton Fisk has ever expressed interest in managing?   To me he would be exactly the hard nose kind of person this team really needs.

Also, I have to wonder since Theo ( and the rest of the FO) are so quite as we fans watch this year slip away, does he (they) really feel Francona is managing as poorly as many here do?   That being the case any replacement manager might find it very hard to manage as they see fit, as long as Theo is around.

Bottom line IMO if we replace Francona, we then must also replace Theo.....If this were then a 2 for1 deal!!!!!!  I would replace them both today and worry about who manages tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I see you're fairly new here, so I'm going to name an individual and I want you to google him. Then let us all know if he would do a much better job than Francona has. The name is J. Fred Muggs.  Google him and see for yourself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replace Tito!!! : Some have suggested Dennis Eckersly. I think he would make a very good manager, though he is inexperienced in that area. He does know the game. Another name that comes to mind is Bobby Valentine, if he is interested. He has the kind of no-nonsense approach that the Red Sox sorely need.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I've suggested Eckersly and also Mike Lowell and of course, J. Fred Muggs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Replace Tito!!! : I've suggested Eckersly and also Mike Lowell and of course, J. Fred Muggs.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    Well, I'll say this: J. Fred has as much managerial experience as Eck and Lowell combined.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

How about Dave Garroway?

Sections
Shortcuts